PDA

View Full Version : Dream pets

pegwad16
01-17-2003, 04:15 PM
I know that everybody has those pets that they want so bad that they can't hardly wait but they can't have them for some odd reason. Everybody tell what your dream pet is. I want two Siberian Husky's, a Blue and Gold Macaw, an albino Ferret, a Peruvian Guinea Pig, an albino Boa Constrictor, a Common Iguana, and a convict fish. What can I say, I aim high!!!!!!!

primabella
01-17-2003, 04:16 PM
lol, well. i've always wanted a dog, and got him ;) so..what i know i'll get when i get older besides dogs,are cats and a gecko. they are so cool :D also, i really like ferrets :p

pegwad16
01-17-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by primabella
lol, well. i've always wanted a dog, and got him ;) so..what i know i'll get when i get older besides dogs,are cats and a gecko. they are so cool :D also, i really like ferrets :p

My best friend wants a gecko too. Do you know what certain type of gecko you want?

slleipnir
01-17-2003, 04:20 PM
I want more dogs, LOL, I've always wanted a horse though, and a bunny :] I remember when I was really little I use to not get why wecouldnt get a horse to put in our back yard..dad said something about living in the city..pssh, what kind of excuse is that?! lmao jk ;]

pegwad16
01-17-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
I want more dogs, LOL, I've always wanted a horse though, and a bunny :] I remember when I was really little I use to not get why wecouldnt get a horse to put in our back yard..dad said something about living in the city..pssh, what kind of excuse is that?! lmao jk ;]

Horses are great animals, so fun. My class is going on a horseback riding field trip on Jan. 31. Might I recomend a californian bunny. I think they are the cutest and I've heard that they make good house pets.

slleipnir
01-17-2003, 04:25 PM
The bunny will have to wait, my dad doesn't seem to like them ;] I use to take riding lessons for like 4 years too, they're such great animals :] Just to unpredictable for me when your on their backs..

pegwad16
01-17-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
The bunny will have to wait, my dad doesn't seem to like them ;] I use to take riding lessons for like 4 years too, they're such great animals :] Just to unpredictable for me when your on their backs..

I have to wait for all the animals I have cause my dad says I can't have anymore animals. I only have a dog and two hamsters. I guess i can wait a couple more years till I have my own house!!!!!

slleipnir
01-17-2003, 04:34 PM
My dad says that too, how can one have TOO many animals anyway? LOL ;D

Twisterdog
01-17-2003, 04:51 PM
I'm trying to think of something here ... and I'm having a little trouble. I can get any pet I want, since I make the rules in this household. :D

And, frankly, I've probably had just about every kind of pet! Lizards, snakes, turtles, dogs, rabbits, hamsters, gerbils, birds, mice, a ground squirrel. I'm allergic to cats and horses, so I can never have those.

So, I guess I'd just have to say different breeds of dogs - someday, not now! I have enough dogs for now! Oh, and maybe a pygmy goat to mow the grass for me! ;)

pegwad16
01-17-2003, 04:54 PM
You can never have too many pets but obviously my dad doesn';t agree and my uncle raises goats, theya re very awesome animals expecially as babie's just learning how to walk!!!:cool:

neko1
01-17-2003, 05:50 PM
A house full of Abys and Somali's!

RockyRoad
01-17-2003, 05:53 PM
I want Siberian Huskies, Snakes, and Chickens. I know I'm weird, but I have always wanted a chicken. My mom might get me one for easter..but I'm not sure, I mean with Lady and all...
But basically I'd want any kind of pet, just mostly a chicken.;)

Jessica12345
01-17-2003, 07:08 PM
I want LOTS more birdy's, (another black headed caique of course, a cockatiel, and a electus parrot) a corgi, a papion, and another maltese, 2 SHEEP! hehe i love sheep! i also want a horse... i took riding lessons for 5 years... i got bucked off of her the second year because she stepped on an apple. she knocked the fence over with me still on her! i dont care though. It was my fault after all.....
i also want A DOLPHIN! HEHE I WANT ONE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD! MY FAVORITE ANIMALS IN THE WHHHHHHHHOOOOOOLLLLLLEEEEEE ENTIRE WORLD! lol and a pink flamingo! i love pink;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Tina
01-18-2003, 09:24 AM
I'd love to have more dogs
Another Rabbit
Another Parakeet and Cockatiel
Some Goats
Another Horse
More Cats
Ferrets

I also have some chickens I'd like to get maybe 2 more. I have 3 hens right now.

lovemyshiba
01-18-2003, 09:30 AM
I live in an apartment, so unfortunately I am at my limit with 2 dogs. But I want more!! My cousin in WI is building a house, and on their land, they are allowed to have one horse--wow was I jealous--maybe they'll get one just for me when I come to visit!! I'm allergic to cats, so I would probably just want more dogs--shiba inus, huskies, labs, golden retriever, bulldogs, and rotties!!!

All Creatures Great And Small
01-18-2003, 10:46 AM
I guess I'm pretty content with what I have - I never actually go out and get my pets; they just come to me. As much as I love animals, I think of all the work involved in caring for some of the larger ones and my advancing age, so I think when I retire I'll just foster kitties and/or get a "herd" of my own. (Now, if my dream pets also included acres of land and a farmhand to take care of them, well - I'd have cows, mules, jacks, goats........:D )

AmylovesMisty
01-18-2003, 12:46 PM
A horse
Another dog
A horse
Another dog
a ferrit(sp?)
A horse
Another dog

Yes and that is 3 horses,4 dogs(including misty) and one ferrit!

iceyshiver21
01-18-2003, 01:10 PM
I WILL always take dogs and Cats!! But growing up I wanted a horse so bad I could Smell the leather, and smell of barn. I always was working in the stable about a mile away, I know the owners really well because i used to show thier dogs

HoRsELUvR
01-19-2003, 07:57 AM
My cats are already my dream cats, but i really want a horse someday.I don't care what breed or what color, I just want that special horse that i can really bond with(even though i bond with practically every horse!)

primabella
01-19-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by pegwad16

My best friend wants a gecko too. Do you know what certain type of gecko you want?

lol, i know nothing about geckos :p i just think they're cool :cool: lol :D

Desert Arabian
01-19-2003, 10:45 AM
My dream pets:

1) goats- after playing with Jim's 50-something goats, I fell in love with em.
2) mules-beyond adorable and easier to ride than a horse
3) Belgian/Shire/Clydesdale horse- I love big drafties!
4) Yellow Labs- gotta have more than one!!
5) mini donkey

Hopefully in the future, with a good job, I'll be able to get my dream pets- I'm planning on it. :D :)

Desert Arabian
01-19-2003, 10:53 AM
albino corn snakes are pretty cute and cool too.....

wolf_Q
01-19-2003, 11:14 AM
I already have my dream pet. :D But hey, I'd take a couple more siberian huskies....along with a german shepard and a few other dogs. I would also love to have a cat, and a ferret. :)

COCatMama
01-19-2003, 01:17 PM
hmmm I'd like a pet MAN about 6'0 with blu....er OH you meant animals :D

Well I LOOVVVVVEEEE birds and I'd love to have a hand-fed lovebird or budgie...i just love budgies
:D

A pet rat would be nice too

AdoreMyDogs
01-19-2003, 01:26 PM
I have always loved Alpacas. I'd love to own a pair of alpacas if we ever have enough land. Not only are they adorable, but their wool (fiber) is valuable. I would also love to own either a gelded or a female baby cow calf and raise it from a youngster as a pet. I think cows are such adorable creatures. I would like it to be the same breed of cow as "Norman" in the movie City Slickers. I think that breed is called a "Jersey" cow. So beautiful and adorable.

As for dogs, my dream dog would be either a Leonberger, Golden retriever, Bernese Mountain Dog, Caviller King Charles Spaniel, GSD. Those are my favorite breeds. I'd be thrilled to own one or several of those breeds.

I would love a grey roan Tenn. Walker horse, a gelding, also.

COCatMama
01-19-2003, 02:47 PM
I don't want fish ever again, they always end up dying on me :(

Cincy'sMom
01-19-2003, 05:26 PM
Well, I think my dogs are the perfect pets...most of the time :)

If we had land I would love to have horses and of course more dogs! I've considered getting a guinea pig or a a bunny but the short lifespans scare me. I would also like to get more fish, but my gourimi is 6 years old and rules the tank there are two other's inthere he lives alone, but anything else I have ever had, he has chased out!

Desert Arabian
01-20-2003, 03:25 PM
Another animal that would be my "dream pet" (well,sorta, I would never have one tho) would be an American Buffalo. LOL! That would be a neat "kid" (pet) to have. :D :p

Aspen and Misty
01-20-2003, 05:53 PM
I want a baby monkey :D . I think ti would be so much fun. I also want a Newfie. I love horses, but don't really want one, to much work, LOL.

But I mean I have almost every kinda pet...

2 dogs
5 cats
2 frogs (used to be 3 ::sniff sniff::
1 Oscar (Fish)
1 and a half cat fish (Kitty doesn't have a tail any more :( )
4 rats
1 chameleon
What more could ya ask for? Besides a Newfie!

Ash

anna_66
01-21-2003, 08:37 AM
My all time dream pet is a horse. I would love to have a horse (and of course a place to keep it:) ) They are beautiful, magnificant (sp?) animals.

pegwad16
01-21-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Oooooo I want a goat!

My cousin has one and its the SWEETEST thing! She lives in Pakistan though, so of course, you can have ANYTHING there.................well, anything safe (although certain people even have pet lions there! :eek: ) We went to visit them when the goat was a baby and OMG, its SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! We would feed it with a baby bottle every morning and it was SOOOOOOOOO cuddly and SOOOOOOOOOO huggable! I WANT A GOAT! LOL!

Ok, my dream pets would be..........................

10 more cockatiels
a sun conure
a cockatoo
two macaws
2 yellow-nape amazons
an african grey

goats
a horse
3 kittens
(my dad wants a monkey to massage him) :rolleyes:
maybe a white fluffy rabbit

oh, and I would love to have a baby duckling too
and a DEER! How could I forget deers?!? I LOVE deers! I would like to have 10 of those. ;)

Maybe a giraffe too...................................

and a pink flamingo

maybe a little baby lamb too

Oh I can go one forever. :rolleyes:

What animals do you have now? What breed of cockatoo, african grey, and macaw do you want?

pegwad16
01-21-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by FloppsyLadySally89
I want Siberian Huskies, Snakes, and Chickens. I know I'm weird, but I have always wanted a chicken. My mom might get me one for easter..but I'm not sure, I mean with Lady and all...

no whats weird is that I also want a Lhama farm!!!!

pegwad16
01-21-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Tina
I'd love to have more dogs
Another Rabbit
Another Parakeet and Cockatiel
Some Goats
Another Horse
More Cats
Ferrets

I also have some chickens I'd like to get maybe 2 more. I have 3 hens right now.

my Uncle has a lot of goats on his farm. They are soooooooooooooooooo cute when they're babies and they are playing and trying to work.

pegwad16
01-21-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by primabella

lol, i know nothing about geckos :p i just think they're cool :cool: lol :D

I think that the Tokay Gecko is really awesome looking, you should look it up.

green_chameleon_girl
04-02-2003, 04:13 PM
My dream pet would have to be a...CHAMELEON!!! I Love them so much! I am getting one very soon it took alot o hard work and research! About 1 year and a half! I know alot now!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D CHAMELEONS ROCK!:)

Dogz
04-02-2003, 04:22 PM
Well, I wanted a dog, but I got 'im and he is just what I wanted and more! ;) If I got another pet, all I would want is Harley back... I miss her so much.:(

bluekat
04-02-2003, 04:24 PM
I'd love to have dogs, I ALWAYS wanted a dog soooooo badly, and still want one now. I also want more cats, I'd like to be a breeder actually. I'd also want to have maybe two horses. I really want parrots too!

green_chameleon_girl
04-02-2003, 04:26 PM
Am I the only one that wants a chameleon??

Tweety_Pie
04-02-2003, 04:30 PM
I have alot of animals i would love to have..... :D

for birds:
Lovebirds
Cockatiel
Scarlet Macaw
Sun Conure

Dogs:
Great Dane
Golden Retriever

Reptile:
A chameleon (my sister green_chameleon_girl wants one as well)

Other:
Rabbit
Horse

I know it's greedy:rolleyes: lol
But what can I say I LOVE ANIMALS lol

But MOST OF ALL... I LOVE MY ANIMALS!:D

Jessica12345
04-02-2003, 04:37 PM
i posted all those animals before... but there are three animals i really want at this point:

a rose breasted cockatoo
a cockatiel
a cavalier king charles spaniel

:D :D

CathyBogart
04-02-2003, 06:13 PM
All right...Y'all are going to think I'm nuts, but here goes...

One of my biggest dreams is getting into the keeping of "hot", or venomous, snakes. The main reason for this dream is the "Leucistic" morph of the Monocled Cobra. (Naja Kaouthia) Perhaps if I show a picture of one, more people will understand the risks some people are willing to take in order to bring such majesty into their homes:

http://www.ophiophobia.net/~wolfchan/images/leucmoncobra.jpg

Other "dream pets" of mine include: A rose-breasted Cockatoo, a blue Pacific Parrotlet, a Bedlington Terrier, a BEW rat, a tri-colored Hognose snake, a red Spitting Cobra, a Coral Cobra, and an Eastern Indigo Snake. I'm sure there are more, I'll add any I think of later. ^_^

The Cat Factory
04-02-2003, 09:27 PM
Hmm, well I have always wanted a African Serval, a Savannah, a Caracal, a Chausie, a Bearded Dragon, an Iguana... LOL :D

Desert Arabian
04-02-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by pegwad16
no whats weird is that I also want a Lhama farm!!!!

That would be neat!

A family friend of ours had to get rid of his Llama because it almost killed his yellow Lab, Zeus :eek: It cornered Zeus in the paddock and was about to attack him when Jim came outside...caught him in the nic of time!!

Barbara
04-03-2003, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by neko1
A house full of Abys and Somali's!

So we could share a house:)

But as a matter of fact: I have the both best cats worldwide:D :D :D

Nomilynn
04-03-2003, 04:53 AM
My dream is to have six cats (no particular breed, other than the shelter baby breed :D), four dogs (I LOVE shelties, and other bigger breeds, but I prefer rescues over "buying"), 2 bunnies, and a horse. Now I just have to find the money and space for it all! :)

HoRsELUvR
04-03-2003, 05:48 AM
My cats are perfect enough, but I guess if I got to get a dream pet, I would get a horse or pony.

Dakota's Mommy
04-03-2003, 03:22 PM
Well, I've got 3 of my dream pets but I've got plenty of other dog breeds that I'd like to have in my life. For example, I want a husky, a wiemeraner, a chocolate lab, etc., etc., etc. Oh yeah, but I've also decided that we're always having a Dane in the house ever since we've had Dakota. I LOVE DANES. They are such a great breed. Don't get me wrong, other breeds are awesome too!

04-05-2003, 09:22 AM
Gimme.... as many cats as I can fit in my house!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Cookiebaker
04-05-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by FloppsyLadySally89

Me too!! :D I think chickens are one of the cutest animals in creation, and I would just love to have at least one!! (And a goose...I just love geese!) Mark just :rolleyes: when I bring it up and thinks of 50 reasons why I wouldn't. They had chickens when he was growing up and DID NOT like the chores that went along with it. He doesn't understand though!