PDA

View Full Version : A lot has been happening on our home front!

Dixieland Dancer
01-17-2003, 12:37 PM
Where do I begin??? Well, I guess the beginning! Some of you might recall that I have a dream to start a doggie daycare center. Well last week we went to check on a couple places. All the buildings we check out seem to be too high in rent or lease cost. They are going for around $1500 and up. Then a friend said you need to check out this piece of property.

To make a long story short, we did and it was perfect! Instead of leasing we will be buying if everything works out. The land has a house on it that currently brings in enough to cover the cost of mortgage to purchase the property. Then there is enough land to build our own building on and have it designed to our desires! There are so many things that need worked out yet but we are beginning the process!!!!! I am very excited! We will be doing doggie daycare, obedience training, agility training and grooming to start!

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers over the next month or so since we are going to be doing the legal stuff necessary to start a partnership (my girlfriend and I). We also need to raise the necessary money to put a downpayment down to purchase the land and the building. We have about 1/2 of what we need already and will be actually looking for silent partners to invest the rest of the downpayment. Right now I believe this is destined to be and it feels like all the doors are wide open. I am hoping it stays this way but there are many things we still need to get done and figured out before the dream really materializes!!

Pam
01-17-2003, 12:51 PM
Oh Candy I am so happy for you!!! I remember you mentioning this before and I personally can't think of a more qualified person to begin such an enterprise. It does look like God has opened a door! Congratulations to you and your friend and I wish you all the best. Please keep us all up to date on the exciting happenings! :)

Albea
01-17-2003, 12:54 PM
GOOD LUCK IN YOUR ENTERPRISE CANDY!!! HOPE YOUR DREAM COMES THROUGH.

Logan
01-17-2003, 01:20 PM
What wonderful news!!! We'll be adding prayers and crossing paws that all goes well for you!!

Logan

ChrisH
01-17-2003, 01:29 PM
Oh, that is so wonderful, I am so excited and pleased for you! Wishing you all the best with all you are planning and adding prayers and positive thoughts that everything goes well. :)

Chris

Karen
01-17-2003, 01:32 PM
Yay! How fortuitous! :) :) Sounds like things are realling agthering steam, and this dream of yours will be reality! :)

sammi
01-17-2003, 02:22 PM
How wonderful! I will pray it goes in your favor.

primabella
01-17-2003, 02:28 PM
congrats! :) good luck with everything that goes along with the business! :D

tatsxxx11
01-17-2003, 02:32 PM
Wow!!!!!! That's great, Candy! I know it's a dream come true for you! That's the type of facility I work out a few mornings a week...boarding, obedience, agility, grooming, etc! You're going to love it! Best of luck as you push ahead!! I'm so thrilled for you!!:)

Randi
01-17-2003, 02:57 PM
Dixie, it sounds great!! I hope everyhing will work out for you - this kind of work is YOU! :D

I'd like to do something similar, but with cats. ;)

All the best of luck to you both! Fingers and paws crossed here! :)

KYS
01-17-2003, 05:51 PM
congratulations, I hope everything goes smoothly.
How wonderful to be able to live your dream. :)

Sudilar
01-17-2003, 07:22 PM
Candy, it sounds like a dream come true!!!!!!!!!! I wish you the best of luck!

trisha0503
01-17-2003, 09:27 PM
This is great!!! :) :) We're happy for you Candy. We wish you good luck ;) ;)

delidog
01-17-2003, 09:45 PM
Dear Candy!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!
I have also been looking into this...
so you just let me know when you need a Fl.Annex.....or Canine Retirement Village!!!!!!

We all know Any Dog that is Any Dog Winters in Palm Beach!!!
Or was that Palm Pooch Beach!!
Ha!!Ha!!!

Congratulations again...

Keep us updated!!!

jackiesdaisy1935
01-17-2003, 09:53 PM
Good Luck Dixie, if anyone can make a success out of this venture it will be you. I wish we lived closer, you would be the only person that I would trust to board Perry and Daisy, if we ever did board them. Of course you know we are wishing you the very best of luck that it will all work out successfully for you and your friend.
Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

By the way Dusty will be dog of the week next week at FTLOD.

delidog
01-17-2003, 10:06 PM
That is strange...how did our two messages get melted together like that...
well anyway...i hope that candy reads both!!!

Dixieland Dancer
01-18-2003, 07:06 AM
Thanks for the well wishes everyone! I really need all the prayers and positive thought I can get over the next several months. We are going tomorrow with a professional real estate agent to determine zoning and insurance regulations. There is a small creek that flows on the property and I guess we have to get extra insurance because of the danger of flooding in the area. It will be worth it though because I know my guys will just love playing in the creek in the summer time. (I know it's not the beach, Deli but you have to start somewhere!).

Boy, I just feel so excited because I'm going to school to get certified for teaching obedience (I already teach but I will be able to put PROFESSIONAL Dog Trainer to the business cards!) and we are actually moving forward with plans to open a doggie daycare center!!! What more could I ask for? NOTHING!!!! :D :D :D

Cincy'sMom
01-18-2003, 07:42 AM
We'll be praying all goes well in your new adventure! How exciting! If the success of the place we take our girls to daycare is any indication, you should have no problems!!! They take a maxium 50 dogs/day and sometimes have to turn them away! They have a good website with pictures and ifo if you are interested....

Pups 'n People (http://www.pupsnpeople.com/)

gini
01-18-2003, 09:21 AM
How wonderful to have your dream come true, Candy, and for all of us to share in the joy of watching it happen for you. Please keep us posted and I am sure that everything will just fall into place. It is meant to be!

Dixieland Dancer
01-19-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
We'll be praying all goes well in your new adventure! How exciting! If the success of the place we take our girls to daycare is any indication, you should have no problems!!! They take a maxium 50 dogs/day and sometimes have to turn them away! They have a good website with pictures and ifo if you are interested....

Pups 'n People (http://www.pupsnpeople.com/)

Your daycare center looks great! And I have heard of the instructor through obedience circles although I wouldn't know her to see her. How many times a week do your girls go? I didn't see any prices listed on the website. If you don't mind, can you tell me what you pay? We are still trying to figure this part of the business plan out.

Thanks for the link!!! We have been doing a lot of research!

AdoreMyDogs
01-19-2003, 07:49 AM
Candy, I could not be more happy for you! This is a huge new step in your life towards your all-time dream. I have a lot of respect for you for working to make it a reality, even though it meant some sacrifices and overcoming fears. Wow. You go, girl! If I was in your area, I would surely take my two to your new place of business once you get it up and going. I am so happy for you! Congrats again!

anna_66
01-21-2003, 09:31 AM
I'm so excited for you, all your dreams on the verge of coming true!
I hope & pray all goes well, with everything. Good Luck!

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-21-2003, 09:45 AM
I somehome missed this thread.

Candy, I am sooooooooo excited for you!! Wow! How wonderful! I bet you can't wait to get started! I am certain that you will keep us posted on the progress of your progress.

K9karen
01-21-2003, 11:31 AM
WOW! That's SUPER news, Candy! I admire you for fulfilling your dream!! Couldn't happen to a nicer, sweeter person!!!!

Albea
01-23-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Dixieland Dancer

If you don't mind, can you tell me what you pay? We are still trying to figure this part of the business plan out.

Candy,
The doggie daycare places I know about charge between $ 25.00 and $ 40.00 a day, with special rates for weekly stays and more than one dog. You may already have done this, but in case you haven't, Google has hundreds of entries on the subject. It seems like the rates depend on the size of the city/town. The one in my town charges $ 30.00 a day; I only take Carina there for grooming and the price for that is $ 40.00.
Having a creek in the property sounds wonderful. The pups will have so much fun in the summer!

Sudilar
01-23-2003, 09:25 AM
Candy, I just love watching your dream come true!!! I wish you were located in my area, though. Killi and Shi would love it there!! Best wishes and good luck to you. Please keep us updated. Woohoo!!