PDA

View Full Version : Bad weather in GA and Wreck.

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-17-2003, 10:26 AM
I am not sure if anyone got the snow storm that we got here in GA. But I wanted to mke sure everyone was safe. We got about 2 inches of it and the roads were very slick. Most schools in North East GA are closed today. I didn't follow what other areas it affected.

I had 2 wrecks yesterday on the road. I am going to be OK. I have an appontment today at 2 to see about the pain in my back and neck. My car will need a new back and front bumper, a new clutch, as well as rewiring on the bottom. I fell into 1 ditch after I lost control of the car. I managed to get it out and then 0.25 mile down the road, my car spun and slid all over the ice and fell into another ditch. Only 20 yards away from home! My car was towed away this morning for repairs and I already got a rental this morning. I am fine but a bit shock up!

I will be going home to AL this afternoon. Andrew's birthday is next week and we will be celebrating this weekend. I also will be getting much needed hugs from my Draker!

Be safe everyone!

lizbud
01-17-2003, 10:45 AM
Souraya,

Please be careful. Hope you check out o.k. at the Doctors
today. We got around two inches of snow also, but only the
side roads & neighborhood streets are slick & hard to drive
on. Maybe you should try flying & skip the auto rides till the
roads get better. Hope you're feeling better soon. Cars can
be replaced, but sweet PT friends cannot. :)

Sudilar
01-17-2003, 11:26 AM
Oh how scary!! Hope everything turns out ok at the drs. today!
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!!! I'll bet you can't wait to see Andrew and Drake!!

lovemyshiba
01-17-2003, 11:32 AM
Glad to hear that you are OK--I hope everything turns out fine at the doctors office!! Enjoy your weekend!!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-17-2003, 11:43 AM
I am off now to my Dr.'s check up. The roads are fine. It is only the road that I live on. It is still pretty nasty. The weather forcast for today is good and the roads are not icy! The sun is out.

Keep me in your thoughts today while I travel South to be with my family!

Souraya

Fuzzy317
01-17-2003, 11:51 AM
I am very sorry about your adventure this morning. Here in Lawrenceville (only about 10-20 miles away) we didn't get anything, no snow at all.

Good luck on heading to see your family.

ramanth
01-17-2003, 11:51 AM
Oh Souraya! I'm so relieved to hear you are okay. I hope all goes well at the doctors. Being in an accident is very scary, I can relate to that.

Take care! Give my best to Drake and Andrew.

*hugs*

Chinadoll
01-17-2003, 11:59 AM
How scary that must have been. Glad you're alright. Hope all goes well at the doctors. Have a safe trip and a fun weekend!

gini
01-17-2003, 12:13 PM
Just as long as YOU ARE ALRIGHT! I have never driven in ice or snow, so I don't envy you for a minute.

Have a great weekend and I hope that your neck and back are alright!

mugsy
01-17-2003, 12:18 PM
Wow!! Trauma at Pet Talk! I'm glad you're going to be ok. Let us know what the doctor says. I wish WE could get some more snow!:(

Logan
01-17-2003, 01:23 PM
I hope you will get a good report and something to help your aching body! Have a safe trip, Souraya.

We had the same weather as you, and there was some ice on the roads this morning.

Be careful!!

Logan :)

sammi
01-17-2003, 01:45 PM
I hope you have a safe trip today and your doctors visit goes ok. Will send positive thoughts your way. It is a terrible feeling when you lose control on ice. So glad you were not hurt bad. We are just starting to get snow here and possible storm.

Andie
01-17-2003, 02:34 PM
We got about 4 in. up here, it didn't get slick till last night when what little snow melted refroze. Glad to hear that you're ok and I hope the Dr. visit went well.

AmberLee
01-17-2003, 09:50 PM
Oh, {{{Souraya!!}}},

So sorry to hear about your accident. Bruises and cuts are bad enough. Take care of yourself, I'll be praying that you heal quickly. (Draker kisses should help immensely, right?)

Dixieland Dancer
01-18-2003, 07:23 AM
Terrible news. :( I hope you are feeling better and that the doctor's appointment went ok. We had the same weather (about 3 inches) but fortunately I was home when it started getting bad and they had the roads cleared by the time I had to go out.

I think you should go for a nice back and neck massage from Andrew in addition to the hugs from Drake! :cool: :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-20-2003, 04:34 PM
Thank you for all the positive thoughts, guys!

I made my trip down there and back and all is well. My doctor's appointment went fine. It too way to long to find out that I was OK and the pain was only soreness from the collision. They gave me some muscle relaxants and set my up for a massage tomorrow!

sammi
01-20-2003, 08:12 PM
So glad you are ok and had a safe trip. The massage sounds good!