PDA

View Full Version : I'm SO nervous about the ELA's!!

AmylovesMisty
01-16-2003, 07:28 PM
Hello!! I have a huge state test next week!! I'm so nervous!! They are called the ELA's (English Language Arts)!! I am not sure if it is a New York state test or whatever! It's torturous having to do so much work in a day! It's serious!! It's scary! To top it all off the day after i finish the tests I will have a huge instrumental concert!! 3 times!! It's getting me over the stress factor!! ELA's is a series of three days of listening and writing!! Some graded by computers, some by people!! I will just be glad when its all over!! Just had to vent sort of!! Please hope that i do well!

Desert Arabian
01-16-2003, 07:51 PM
I know what you mean... I have "final exams" coming up next week, and I am really sick of them. I have 8 different hours- and for each hour we have to take a big "exam" any where from 50-200 questions, depending on class, which take a hour and a half each. We only get less thann a week to study. They count for 20% of our grade...OI! It's the biggest pain in the butt, we have to do it all over again the last three days of school. :eek: :rolleyes: :(

RockyRoad
01-17-2003, 05:39 PM
Hey english honors student stepping in:

Hey, that thing is easy. I got a 4. Just study hard, and make sure you read the questions carefully and answer your best. It's not scary, it's a piece of paper. If you don't worry about it, it will come easier, rather than you getting so scared on how you will do. That is what happens to me on my playing tests. Of course I cannot speak for you, so you may have different ways of thinking about this stuff. Don't worry, really, it's not that bad. Just make sure you study, and you'll do perfectly. If there is no way to study(I remember studying for mine though), then practice your essay-writing skills. Is there any way you can ask your teacher for some help in your spare time(lunch for example) or for her to arrange an extra help session for people? My teachers do that all the time, I find it quite helpful. Even though they cannot tell you what is on the quiz, they can help you get prepared to look that test in the eye and say "I'm ready".
Sorry if I sound crabby, I'm really not... Good luck!;)

Twisterdog
01-17-2003, 07:34 PM
Believe it or not ... I used to love taking tests when I was in school!

I took the ASFAB (the military test) just because I liked taking tests, I had no intention of joining the military. Well, I scored a 99% on it, and I had recruiters hounding me for a year! :rolleyes:

Twisterdog
01-17-2003, 07:36 PM
BTW, FlopsyLadySally, about you betta tank ... is that a big tank divided up for multiple bettas? It's kind of hard to tell from the picture. If so, what are the dividers? I've been thinking about doing something like that for my bettas, but I had no idea how.

Thanks!

P.S. I like Creed, too. :)

RockyRoad
01-17-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
BTW, FlopsyLadySally, about you betta tank ... is that a big tank divided up for multiple bettas? It's kind of hard to tell from the picture. If so, what are the dividers? I've been thinking about doing something like that for my bettas, but I had no idea how.

Thanks!

P.S. I like Creed, too. :)

Yay, another Creed fan!:D

Yes, it is a tank divided up. Dividers are usually availible for about $9.99 each(well they come in two packs) at a pet store, or at least around here. They are these plastic(but strong) sheets. They come with plastic bars that get slid into the sides of the tank, and then you slip the plastic sheet between the two bars. Kind of hard to explain. Here's a site that shows it:
Tank Dividers (http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Tank_Dividers_227.html)

AmylovesMisty
01-18-2003, 10:52 AM
Thanks FLS!!

We do a lot of practice packets!!