PDA

View Full Version : Update on outside work kitty...

NoahsMommy
01-16-2003, 04:37 PM
I've been feeding the kitty outside for about two weeks now. We've named her Gracie and I've decided to trap her and bring her to the Humane Society David and I volunteer at. Any tips on doing that would be helpful. I'm going to the HS this weekend and will ask them about it too.

She isn't as skiddish lately. My co-worker said she saw Gracie playing in the bushes in front or her car today at lunch. That is so great!

When I go out there, she wont run away. She just sits there, looking at me. She doesn't seem scared at all...she really is beautiful.

Anyway, just wanted to update you all. :)

jenluckenbach
01-16-2003, 06:43 PM
Looking forward to updates. All with good news, I hope.

JillLovesMinnie14yrs
01-16-2003, 11:09 PM
Hey Jen I wanna know who that dashing black and white prince is!!!

On your animated gifs of your kitties in your signature, there is one on the left, black/white, very bright-eyed .... Who is that?? I have a cat IDENTICAL to him except he has a touch of white on his upper lip that gives him this "cool cat" 'stache. Tell your prince he has an "online" secret admirer :D

Cataholic
01-17-2003, 06:40 PM
Great news on the outside work kitty. I hope you have luck with him this week!! Too much time outdoors is a bad thing, eh?

That black and white kitty in Jen's signature is Biddy. He is such a cutie pie, isn't he?

NoahsMommy
01-17-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Too much time outdoors is a bad thing, eh?
Actually, they are selling/moving/demolishing our building in 2004, but, I'll be moving in May and don't trust anyone to take care of Gracie. I know she got along fine before two weeks ago, but if something happens to the building, she wont have a home.

Make sense? Now...I wonder what time of day I should trap her? Would it be cruel to do it at night?

neko1
01-18-2003, 07:44 AM
Cookie was a feral kitty that Brian caught at his old job. Some of the workers used to feed a bunch of cats, so they kinda got used to people being around, just not too close. So when Brian decided to bring her home, he and a co-worker lured her over with a can of cat food, then while she was eating they scooped her up and plopped her in an awaiting box, and she was ours!:D

JillLovesMinnie14yrs
01-18-2003, 12:03 PM
Awwwww Biddy!!! **Purrs loudly**

moosmom
01-19-2003, 03:38 PM
Noahsmommy,

When you decide to trap her, don't feed her for 24 hours prior to trapping so she'll be really hungry. The best time to trap is either early 8 a.m. or just before the sun goes down. Dribble some sardine juice towards the trap with just a taste before it. Put the bulk of the sardines way in the back of the trap on a paper plate. Cover the trap with an old sheet and put leaves on the inside so she can't feel the metal grate on her feet. I doublt it'll take long since she's already familiar with you.

Good luck catching Gracie. It's too cold for anyone or anything to be out in this weather.

RussianBlueKitty03
01-20-2003, 08:27 AM
wow sounds like your an expert at this moosmom! LOL:D

NoahsMommy
01-21-2003, 03:06 PM
Thanks Moosmom! I didn't get to go to the HS this weekend to find out about a cage to trap her in, had to go to the ER. :( But....I'll try next week.

My hubby brought me a Jamba Juice for lunch just now and I went out to get it and feed Gracie. She was out there laying in the pipe (12" in diameter that runs the length of our building) with her head sticking out. She is just too precious! I walked up to her to feed her and she took off in the pipe. Progress is slow, but hopefully she'll come around. I was so glad to see her sweet face. :)

moosmom
01-21-2003, 05:12 PM
Russianbluekitty03,

Yeah, I've got alot of experience trapping feral cats. I was a member of a rescue organization in CT before I moved here. I learned so much about feral cats, how to socialize them, how they think, etc. I love working with feral cats because it's a real challenge and the end result is so rewarding.