PDA

View Full Version : ...a "small" token of our appreciation

anna_66
01-16-2003, 02:43 PM
This is what I received in the mail today along with a survey about our new Durango. It says "The enclosed coin is a small token of our appreciation, it may brighten the day of a child you know."
Now, how many children do you know who's day would be brightened by a quarter?! But seriously, they give you a quarter each time you buy a $36,000 vehicle? Oh wow, let's go get 2 more. Anyone else out there with me:p

Logan
01-16-2003, 02:55 PM
Go Chrysler!! LOL!!!!!! I didn't know what else to do but laugh, Anna! If they wanted to send me a check for $1000 to put towards my car loan, then that would be a token of appreciation!!!! :rolleyes:

Don't you go spending that all in one place, now! :p

All Creatures Great And Small
01-16-2003, 03:16 PM
We bought a brand new Toyota Tundra last year, and we didn't get SQUAT (except a nice truck, that is)! I'm jealous! :rolleyes: Not only that, but think of the postage they had to spend to mail that quarter - what a joke! You should send in your next truck payment entirely in quarters.........:D

Logan
01-16-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
You should send in your next truck payment entirely in quarters.........:D

Perfect response!!!! :D

I was sitting here getting so envious, Anna......I drive a Chrysler product (Jeep Grand Cherokee), purchased new, last year. I didn't get a quarter! :(

NoahsMommy
01-16-2003, 04:06 PM
I'm trading my leased Honda Civic in for a Honda Accord in April....wonder if I'll get any change in the mail.

Too funny! I wonder what dude thought up that idea??? :rolleyes:

Cookiebaker
01-16-2003, 05:59 PM
I can't stop laughing!! Whatever dope-head thought THAT one up, needs to wake up and realize that in this day & age, most kids aren't happy unless their parents hand over a $20 or more. When I was in high school, kids thought it was a great "game" to take a pocket full of change (probably $5 or $6 worth) and listen to it roll down the hallway when everything was so quiet during class time. :rolleyes: A quarter meant NOTHING!

Vermontcat
01-16-2003, 08:19 PM
A Quarter doesn't go very far these days. The going rate for the tooth fairy now is $1.00 a tooth! Also remember how you used to be able to get gumballs and candy from vending machines by the entrance to grocery stores for a penny, nickel or dime? Nowadays they cost at least 25 cents but usually 50 cents!!!

Karen
01-16-2003, 08:32 PM
Find any two-year-old, three-year-old, or even a four- or five-year-old. He or she would be happy with a quarter. Maybe a 7-year-old wouldn't, but that is their loss. Why not take joy in small things, I ask you?

And see how many people here are jealous of your gift? The landlord at our old apartment got a tin of cookie from Saturn for buying his car from them!

Love is something if you give it away ... and that works for joy, too!

Even better, if you're adept at slight-of-hand, would be to "find" the quarter behind a child's ear!

See how much fun you've had with it already?

Logan
01-16-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Find any two-year-old, three-year-old, or even a four- or five-year-old. He or she would be happy with a quarter. Maybe a 7-year-old wouldn't, but that is their loss. Why not take joy in small things, I ask you?

And see how many people here are jealous of your gift? The landlord at our old apartment got a tin of cookie from Saturn for buying his car from them!

Love is something if you give it away ... and that works for joy, too!

Even better, if you're adept at slight-of-hand, would be to "find" the quarter behind a child's ear!

See how much fun you've had with it already?

Me thinks we have been properly chastized. :o

sammi
01-16-2003, 09:38 PM
If you can afford a $36,000 vehicle - you don't need the 25c!!! :D

popcornbird
01-16-2003, 11:11 PM
25 cents for a $35,000 car. Hmmm....................:confused:

Well, if you think about it, it means nothing to kids in the US, but if you give it to a poor child in a village of poverty, somewhere in the world, you would brighten up that child's day. Some people in this world get merely 25 cents a month! :(

When we bought our house, the builder gave us a huge basket of fruit, TONS of gift certificates and coupons, 3 boxes of chocolate, and a beautiful artificial plant. Guess the care dealer should give something like that too. :p

zippy-kat
01-16-2003, 11:54 PM
hey! what happened to NOT sending cash in the mail? I think they shoulda wrote ya a check! ;)

for your next car payment, write your chk 25cents short and send the quarter back to 'em

zippy-kat
01-16-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
[IMG]Now, how many children do you know who's day would be brightened by a quarter?! :p

:D Ask a college student on laundry day!! lol

lynnestankard
01-17-2003, 07:17 AM
LOL! I think this is hilarious!! :D :D

Lynne

anna_66
01-17-2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Logan

Me thinks we have been properly chastized. :o
Really!

Ok, I know, sometimes a quarter will make a small child happy, and maybe even a college student on laundry day:)

I just couldn't quit laughing over getting a quarter in the mail, I thought it was jus hilarious!

Pop, we also got a coffee mucg with hard candy in it, along with a balloon from the car dealership. But Chrysler just went all out!

I like the idea of sending the next payment in quarters, but I just don't think the bank the loan is from would get it:p
But you all had such great ideas!

HoRsELUvR
01-17-2003, 08:01 AM
Wow,a quarter!the possibilities are endless!you could buy a piece of gum,a lemon head.why not buy another car so they'll throw in an extra dime,or maybe a free donut!:p

Dixieland Dancer
01-17-2003, 08:40 AM
Maybe they hope you will put it in your piggy bank so you can start saving for the next vehicle when this one is payed off! ;)

sammi
01-17-2003, 11:40 PM
I was going to post again on this and I forgot! I thought about this last night when I couldn't sleep and the more I thought about it.......It's like a slap in face kind of. I believe that a quarter is still worth something - but not sending a customer 25c in the mail! Everybody likes to get the little extra token when you buy something and I think we all realize that it's not really free - just good business. :rolleyes:

lovemyshiba
01-18-2003, 09:26 AM
Oh how nice!!
Noahsmommy--you won't get anything from Honda--they don't do any kind of "gimmicks" (if that's what you could call it). I just got a CRV last week, and all I got was the standard phone survey from Honda. Plus, my husband works for them, so I'm pretty sure they're not handing anything out!!

That quarter is pretty funny though, thanks for sharing!! I think they hope you will tell all of your friends, so that everyone will want to run out and buy a Chrysler product--you got a good start posting on here, I'm sure they would be very proud!!:D

lizbud
01-18-2003, 09:56 AM
Hey guys,

I opened a piece of" junk mail" the other day & inside was
a 1 dollar bill. They had a survey questionaire included & wanted
to know area shopping habits. Where you shopped, what brands
you bought, etc. The $ was to thank you for your time. I'm glad
I opened it, as I usually just pitch all junk mail.:D

Cookiebaker
01-18-2003, 10:05 AM
I was just thinking about this again...they paid more than double that JUST ON POSTAGE!!!! :eek: