PDA

View Full Version : Secret Valentine Exhange

luckies4me
01-16-2003, 10:50 AM
I will be setting up a secret Valentines Exchange. Each member here who wants to participate will be matched up with another member at Pet Talk. All members must be a contributer to the forum, not meerly lurkers. I prefer each person to have at least 20 votes if they wish to do the exchange.

If you wish to participate please contact me via private message "PM" or email me at [email protected] by January 25th with the following information:

Full name, Pet Talk forum name, email adress, and home adress.

Please include "Valentines Exchange" in the subject title. Before the end of January you will be emailed the contact information for your Valentines Exchange Buddy. If you have any questions you can send me a private message. Thanks and I hope we get a few people who want to do this. It will be pretty fun!:D

P.S. I almost forgot the fun part lol! We will then start a thread once cards begin to arrive for each person to try and guess who their secret Valentine came from.;)

Oops! I meant 20 posts not votes!!!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-16-2003, 12:30 PM
But won't the postmark reveal the source of the card?

So, then Pet Talkers can figure out who it's from. Just a thought.

luckies4me
01-16-2003, 01:08 PM
Sure, if they happen to know what city, town and state the person lives in. The idea is to have the person write a clue on the back of the envelope, not their name. ;)

Even so.....they won't know who is sending them a card until it is recieved anyhow.

Come on people! I have a few people in it already, anyone else interested?:)

luckies4me
01-16-2003, 07:42 PM
Is not anyone interested?:confused:

I have two people so far......any others care fo join. Come on it will be fun!!!!!!!!:D

Karen
01-16-2003, 08:04 PM
How would it work?

luckies4me
01-16-2003, 08:15 PM
Well everyone would go into a bucket, their names. I would draw two names at once. Those two people would then send a card to eachother. However you won't know who is sending you the card until you actually get it....:)

Cookiebaker
01-16-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Well everyone would go into a bucket, their names. I would draw two names at once. Those two people would then send a card to eachother. However you won't know who is sending you the card until you actually get it....:)

Ummm? :confused: If the same person sends a card to me as I send to them...won't I know who I will be getting a card from????

luckies4me
01-16-2003, 08:24 PM
OOPS! I messed up LOL! I MEANT that I will pull names out and then email the person with the adress of the person to which they would send their card. Sorry for the confusion. Yes of course you will know when you get the card...but you will be sending a card to another person so no one will know who has who.

Again sorry for the confusion, I am doing two different card exchanges right now lol. :rolleyes:

luckies4me
01-16-2003, 08:28 PM
Or......I guess we can just do it he same as the Christmas list if you want????......Let me know what you would rather prefer, to send to a whole lot of people or one?:)

Karen
01-16-2003, 08:36 PM
How about instead of sending Valentines to each other, we each who participate will send a secret Valentine to someone(s) they know who is kind to animals, or who simply loooves his or her pet, and then report the results here!

Each can sign it (your secret Pet Talk Valentine) and see if the person figures out who sent it, and if they are Internet saavy, maybe they'd come to Pet Talk to guess who they might know who belongs here already!

Aspen and Misty
01-16-2003, 09:46 PM
I don't seem to understnad this???? I would like to participate, but I just don't understand how it would work???

Ash

Karen
01-16-2003, 10:17 PM
Ash, I think she's still deciding on a method, we'll wait for luckies4me to post again.

luckies4me
01-16-2003, 11:22 PM
Guys I am having major troubles with my mouse and it has already died a few times and we brought it back to life....we were very lucky so I wanted to let you all know that I may not be around for while until we have time to go get another mouse, which probably won't be til the weekend or longer...too many things going on.

As far as the cards...Karen I like your idea although I would like it to be for people on PT, but we could still send those cards to other caring people we know and then report that back here as well. So lets do both ok.

For everyone who wished to be included on the Valentines List (for plain sending, not secret guessing etc.) just PM me your info. And we will also do Karens idea as well. Each person must send at least one Secret Valentine to someone who cares about animals etc. and then...well I don't know how we would do it...gotta ask Karen. I didn't quite understand.

So who's in to get Valentines cards this year, lol?:D

01-17-2003, 03:33 AM
I am interested !! I don't understand how the system works yet , but I hope to read that in this thread , hey ;)
http://www.uselessgraphics.com/mickey9.gif http://www.uselessgraphics.com/bemyv.gif

anna_66
01-17-2003, 08:56 AM
I would like to participate, but don't quite understand either. And this is just a thought, but how about we email cards instead?

I'll be waiting on your mouse to be fixed:p

luckies4me
01-17-2003, 11:24 AM
Sure emails will work just as well, if not better and would save on postage etc. Thanks for the idea Anna!

So I guess we will have a Valentines E Card Exchange. If you want to participate please send me your email adress via [email protected] or a PM.

At the end of the month I will get together all of the adresses and email them out (like the christmas e card list) and then we can all have a jolly old time sending out cute Valentines E cards. I think that would be a lot easier. What do you all think? E cards anyone, hehe?:p

:) Does that sound confusion? lol I know I keep changing everything around but I do think E cards would be faster and easier.

anna_66
01-17-2003, 12:42 PM
Glad you liked the idea, I sent you my email address.

Karen
01-17-2003, 01:30 PM
I'll gladly particEpate! Use my [email protected] address, please! I think the email idea is a great one, saves postage, and means more people in our global community can participate without fretting about how long mail takes to get anywhere!

Thanks, luckies4me for starting this idea rolling!

And I think this is how the secret non-Pet Talk idea should work.

Before Valentine's Day, pick someone you know who is extra kind to animals, or simply just loooooves his or her pet sooooo much. Send that person a secret Valentine, just signed (with or without a note) from -

Your Pet Talk Valentine -
Where we know every pet is special! and so are you!

and if you know they are Internet saavy, put PetoftheDay.com/talk and ask them to come and see if they can guess who here sent their Valentine.

Maybe closer to the day, okay, February first, I'll start a thread called "Pet Talk Secret Valentines" and we can all post a little sentance or so about who they sent a Secret PTV to and why ... that'd be fun to see what other animal lovers you know who aren't here, and what you admire or love about them!

And maybe we'll add some new people to Pet Talk, but in any case, we'll be spreading joy and love and kindness to animals around the world! :)

In my case, of course, the people* I send it to will probably know it's me, because I tell every person I meet about the site, but some of you might have better success at being Secret than I!

*I will probably do several, because I know too many good animal-loving folks! ;)

Cookiebaker
01-17-2003, 05:49 PM
Karen, I just want to clarify...are we also going to send ecard to fellow-pet-talkers??? If so, I would love to be put on the list...who is collecting the names??

Karen
01-17-2003, 05:58 PM
Yes, an e-card to Pet Talkers, a secret valentine to a non-Pet Talker! Luckies4me is collecting email addresses for the e-card participants.

luckies4me
01-17-2003, 09:48 PM
Yep anyone who wants to participate can send their email adress and PT name to me.

Then we will also do non PT Secret cards as well...I am going to send mine to my dad!!! He has been taking care of a bunch of feral. I have been wanting him to join this site so this will help get the ball rolling.

I have quite a few people who are going to participate already, thanks everyone!:D

Oh yes and I am "borrowing" a "computer" mouse lol. :p

AmberLee
01-17-2003, 09:55 PM
Cool. I'm not sure how to send an anonymous email, but hope to pick up ideas closer to the time.

I've PMed you.

luckies4me
01-18-2003, 12:06 PM
Ok there are some people who prefer to send e cards and those who want to send it through the regular postal mail. I will now be setting up two seperate lists.

Please PM me with your information and specify whether you want to be included in the E card list or the postal list, your PT name, your email/home adress.

I will leave this card list open until the end of the month, then get it together and send it out to everyone. I hope this doesn't confuse anyone further lol. If you have any questions you can PM me or email me at [email protected] as our AOL service will be disconnected soon and I will not have internet acess here for a few days. So...if I don't respond promptly please be patient as I just won't have a way to connect to the online world. :( I am going to be SO bored lol. :rolleyes:

But a good excuse to spend extra time with Dylan!:D

luckies4me
01-22-2003, 12:18 PM
BUMP :D

01-22-2003, 12:27 PM
A tip : don't wait to long with sending out the list for snail mail then ... I live in far-away-Europe ...:rolleyes: :) :)

luckies4me
01-22-2003, 12:47 PM
I will be sending out the list at the end of the month, in just a few days. So then there will be two weeks to send it. You wanted to be on the snail mail list yes? Do you think I should send it out sooner?

In just a minute I will get the list together ad post who we all have so far. :)