PDA

View Full Version : Dentabones

wolf_Q
01-16-2003, 09:18 AM
Ok, after the "Keeping your dog's teeth clean" thread, several people mentioned "Dentabones"....so I bought some...It still bothers me that he has build-up on his back teeth and he's only 7 months old.....weird.....

I got the largest size, and gave Nebo one last night. How long do these last your dogs? I was thinking, at *least* a half hour....NOPE.

He didn't "chew" on it, he ATE it. Just sat there, and bit chunks off and swallowed it like it was just a regular treat. It was gone in like 5 minutes. :eek:

There's no way that could have helped his teeth if it lasted that long.......of course, not every dog is like Nebo....:rolleyes:

lovemyshiba
01-16-2003, 10:00 AM
That's funny--I was going to go and buy some too, but I haven't gotten to the store yet. I think mine would tear through them too--who knows. I brushed their teeth last night though--Abbey wants to eat the toothbrush, but Kito is so good when I do it.

ramanth
01-16-2003, 10:17 AM
Kia tends to eat chunks out of her Dentabone but chews on it enough to make her teeth white. :)

I hear they have a Dental Kong out too. If Nebo likes Kongs, you might want to look into that. :)

aly
01-16-2003, 11:04 AM
Oh yeah, my dogs go through denta bones in minutes too (even little Reecie). I don't really buy them to help their teeth so much as just as a treat.

There's a lot of other stuff at the pet store that is much more sturdy and lasts longer.

ParNone
01-16-2003, 11:25 AM
hi wolfq!

oh yeh I was gonna reply back to you when you thought the
dentabones were going to last a couple of hours, but forgot.
Even though Oz isn't much of a chewer, he can finish a big one
in less than 20 mins. I figure that's long enough to get his teeth
clean. But yeh with a big chewer like Nebo, you probably need
something a lil' more hardy.

Par...

Corinna
01-16-2003, 11:46 AM
Merlin makes them diappear in about 5 mintues, he's a non chewer too. But after a couple days his teeth were a lot better. I still have a couple places he doesn't get with the dentabone. I alternate the dentabone with a new one I found at petsmart , I 'm out and can't rmember the name but its a gold package and has parsily for tummy and breath. when on these he has sparkling teeth and (thank Goodness) breath.

Tina
01-16-2003, 11:56 AM
Dentabones last Ruff least a day or so.
Ginger a day or two.
Oscar had his for about 3 or 4 days. He ate chunks of his also. All of their teeth are pretty white.

RubyMutt
01-16-2003, 01:02 PM
Yeah, Ruby goes through her's really quick also. I actually gave her one this morning. :) They do seem to help her teeth though.

Sudilar
01-16-2003, 01:32 PM
Shiloh eats hers in about 5 minutes or less. Killian won't touch them.