PDA

View Full Version : Where did Hayley go?

HayleyRosie
01-16-2003, 08:28 AM
This is a funny story.

When I get home from work I usually put my coat away in the closet and then I get Hayley and I give her scritchies and lots of love. In return she usually gives me lots of head buts and purrs like crazy. This lasts for about 10-15 minutes. I love it.

I got home from work yeasterday enjoyed my time with Hayley then after I had something to eat I went to the hair salon. When I got home I put my coat away and looked for Hayley. I could not find her anywhere. My husband said she was just with him on the chair and when she heard my car she jumped down. I was afraid she had got outside. I ran through the door and called to her. Nothing. We looked in the basement everywhere. Nothing. I was sure she has gone outside. Its really cold here in Newfoundland so I went to get my coat. There she was looking up at me. Giving me a meow and rubbing around my legs. When I put my coat away she must have gone in the closet and her being grey I did not see her go in there. Her voice is so soft that with the door closed we could not hear her.

I got a big scare but everything is fine. Just wanted to share this with you guys. Next time I will check to see if she goes in there! LOL!

Barbara
01-16-2003, 08:49 AM
Tigris has been caught in the closet at least 4 or 5 times for more than 2 hours. We have folding doors and I usually leave them open (because I'm chaotic). Tigris goes in and sleeps on the sweaters or the T-Shirts. My husband closes the doors because he is a tidy boy. Tigris doesn't notice and sleeps until someone finds him:)

hellostranger
01-16-2003, 08:54 AM
LOL!

When Squirt was a tiny kitten he fell asleep in my sock drawer which I didn't close because I'm kinda messy, but my bf did because he's very neat. When we couldn't find him we got very worried and started searching throught the whole apartment. Finally we decided to look behind the dresser and when we moved it he woke up and started meowing.... (I think he was a little upset that we disturbed him in his nice dark nest) :)

Cataholic
01-16-2003, 09:14 AM
Rule #101- Don't close any inside door, ever.

Barbara
01-16-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by hellostranger
LOL!

When Squirt was a tiny kitten he fell asleep in my sock drawer which I didn't close because I'm kinda messy, but my bf did because he's very neat. When we couldn't find him we got very worried and started searching throught the whole apartment. Finally we decided to look behind the dresser and when we moved it he woke up and started meowing.... (I think he was a little upset that we disturbed him in his nice dark nest) :)

Hey we must have the same role models at home:) :D
We are more like cats. Has anybody ever seen a cat closing drawers?

Cataholic
01-16-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Barbara

Hey we must have the same role models at home:) :D

No...BUT, my sister's cat, Tag, sleeps inside of a drawer. He is able to get up under the table and INTO the closed drawer..and they couldn't find him at first. Now, they know it is his hidey hole.:eek:

hellostranger
01-16-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Barbara

Exactly! :D Even my ultra-neat bf has to admit my messiness is very cat-like (only he usually says something like "between you and the cats I can never keep this place clean" or "you're as bad as the cats, they never put things away either" grumble grumble.........) ;) :D