PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone, I'm new in the Cat Section

trisha0503
01-15-2003, 07:37 PM
Hi to everyone! Let me make a quick introduction of myself in the Cat Section . I’m Rosebel and 1 have a 1 year old Golden Retriever – Missy. I normally only post in the Dog Section, but with the new addition in our family, I will also be a regular ‘chatter’ in this section.

I never had a cat even when I was a child. Not that I don’ t like them, but I just didn’t have a chance to own one. Until TOBY came into my life…

Toby is a stray cat in our neighborhood. A lady neighbor used to feed him until he and her ex-husband divorced 2 months ago. When they got divorced, I took over the responsibility of feeding him.. He would be at my doorstep morning and evening waiting for his food. He even follows me at night when I walk with Missy around the apartment complex. It’s a 1 mile walk and he would follow me wherever I go. I was even able to give him a bath with the help of my friend and oh boy, he NEVER ever hissed at me. To cut the story short, I finally decide to formally adopt him, make him the PRINCE of the house with my princess Missy. I had him neutered and vaccinated , bought toys and bed for him…

He now weighs 11 lbs !Looks like he’s going to be a big boy.. he sleeps with me on the bed while Missy sleeps in her own bed , right next to my bed..

They adore each other… Who said cat and dog can’t be the best of friends?

Here's my precious Toby!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid47/pb144a9bd8e453ff91a9887bcc150a126/fcc5fd90.jpg

Who could resist this face;)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid47/p0f7436cf44e624039c4f9808e33102c2/fcc5fd8b.jpg

Missy and Toby - Best of Friends :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid47/p13c5f6c02f39b2b7b7a8df911e66e057/fcc5fda1.jpg

Missy here.. i lovez you Toby!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid47/p6f3e9889882375d7e7683205e9b20206/fcc5fd98.jpg

Nice to meet all of you :) Thanks for allowing me to share w/ you my 2 bundle of joy :)

Nomilynn
01-15-2003, 07:46 PM
That's so sweet! It's good to see you here

jenluckenbach
01-15-2003, 07:54 PM
Welcome to the cat side!!! Toby, always happy to see a new face and hear a new success story. Hope to be seeing and hearing more of you.

AmberLee
01-15-2003, 08:02 PM
Welcome to the CAT SIDE, hee hee. Love your story about Toby coming into your and Missy's lives. Thrilled to greet you all!

Amber Lee and Cassy (silver swirl male) and Livvy (brown tabby Maine Coon mix)

Vermontcat
01-15-2003, 09:11 PM
It's nice to see you here on the cat side! I have always liked seeing photos of Missy, she is so pretty and I love the way she lets you dress her up.
I think she and Cookiebaker's Malone make a cute couple. Now you have a boy kitty to go with Cookiebaker's Marigold!:)

rosethecopycat
01-15-2003, 09:17 PM
Toby-

"ahh...now this is the life!"
He's a happy boy and would probably thank his new Mommy if he could.

Welcome to the cat side.

Beware there are a lot of 'amateur' matchmakers out there that will just try to marry your cat off.:p

trisha0503
01-15-2003, 09:23 PM
Thanks everyone for your warm welcome :)

Originally posted by Vermontcat
I think she and Cookiebaker's Malone make a cute couple. Now you have a boy kitty to go with Cookiebaker's Marigold!:)

Missy is blushing right now ;) She's actually torn between Cookiebaker's Malone and Dixieland Dancer's DUSTY ;) What can I say, they are both handsome !:D

Toby and Marigold , wow, a new love item in the making!

:D :D

Cataholic
01-15-2003, 09:25 PM
What a neat story! The best kind, with the ending in a forever home. Welcome to cats....I know you will find us just as welcoming as the doggies are! More stories and pics, please!!

Cataholic...you can see my herd in my signature. I have one that isn't in the photo, yet, Minnie...she looks alot like Tenny.

trisha0503
01-15-2003, 09:34 PM
I'm trying to catch up with all the Thread posted in the Cat Section and I have to tell you this..

You're all amazing people! And you're all so funny! :D

Sweet couples Edwina and Gabe, Samantha and Tubby who else am I missing?

Cataholic - I love all the pictures of your kitties!

NoahsMommy
01-15-2003, 09:39 PM
Welcome! Your furries sure are cute, especially together! Those pictures are great! :)

So, can we hear more about Toby? How did he get his name? How old is he? How long has he been your indoor prince? Is he really friendly?

NoahsMommy
01-15-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by trisha0503
Sweet couples Edwina and Gabe, Samantha and Tubby who else am I missing?
My Basil is trying to court Russian Blue's Nakita...but they're a bit young....I wonder if an arranged marriage is a possiblity after they reach their teenage years :D ;)

trisha0503
01-15-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

So, can we hear more about Toby? How did he get his name? How old is he? How long has he been your indoor prince? Is he really friendly?

Hi NoahsMommy!

About Toby's name, I just like this name... Missy and Toby - sounds cute to me ;) Toby is between 8 to 10 months... I saw him when he was a kitten, he was very skinny before. My neighbors know his story and they always tease him as 'one very lucky cat' :D They know how I spoil and love Missy and he would get the same love and affection that I've been giving Missy.. Everytime my neighbors see him at my window , they are amazed with the changes in him. He now looks very healthy, very clean and very happy! I love him so much!

I officially adopted him last December 30.

He's SOOOO friendly and so gentle! He follows me around the house, and likes to sleep in my bed... Never even had a problem with his litter box, considering he had always stayed outside ...

I'm also very proud of my girl ;) She welcomed Toby with an open paws :D :D They adore each other!

This is just an example of how they play together :rolleyes:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid47/p204b6c8eaa91e940ad56b5ee43f4d7a8/fcc5fc9e.jpg

They wrestle with each other , and they sometimes look odd, considering Missy is 75 lbs and Toby is only 11 lbs !

And it could be a pain, when they want to wrestle at 2:00 in the morning while I'm sleeping! GRRRRRRRRR :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid47/p5aaf208b600c65ef3369296ef8587036/fcc5fc9f.jpg

All Creatures Great And Small
01-15-2003, 10:35 PM

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid47/pb144a9bd8e453ff91a9887bcc150a126/fcc5fd90.jpg

Who could resist this face;)

Not me - I can't resist those beautiful, soft, folded paws either!!!!:D :D This is a wonderful introduction, and I LOVE the pictures of the dog and cat together - I've never gotten to experience that, having owned only cats. I hope you can squeeze in enough visits to both categories on Pet Talk - we're going to want to see more of your babies!

Cookiebaker
01-16-2003, 05:32 AM
Toby is a beautiful kitty!!! I love the pictures of Toby & Missy wrestling, it made me laugh! (I think Missy needs to give Malone some instructions on how to play NICE with the kitty. I hope some day that my two will get along as beautifully as your two)

I think it is so cute that Toby follows you on walks with Missy. Marigold has done that a couple of times, but often times will give up in the middle and go running off in the bushes or back home.

Thank you for taking Toby in and giving him a chance to be a Prince. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of your two beauties!!!

HayleyRosie
01-16-2003, 06:13 AM
Welcome. I love the pictures of Toby and Missy wrestling. I would love to see more.:)

hellostranger
01-16-2003, 09:23 AM
Hi Trisha! Welcome to the "cat side" :D Toby is a very handsome tabby gentleman! I had no idea he was new to his home - when I saw his "sleeping pictures" on the other thread he looked so peaceful and relaxed I assumed he'd been with you for his whole life!

catmandu
01-16-2003, 09:36 AM
these wonderful photos of Missy and Toby should end , once and for all that Dogs And Cats are such natural enemies!:D :cool: As your pictures show that if the animals are introduced properly they can make the best of friends! Way to Go Missy and Toby!:eek: :rolleyes:

trisha0503
01-16-2003, 09:48 AM
Thank you all so much for your warm welcome!!!

I'm not surpised at all with Missy's reaction with Toby. SHe's just a very gentle and very good dog. She always watches Toby like a little brother ... They really love each other

Just look at his picture... They love to kiss each other ;)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid47/pa69d69b514305e093def6cf33fc1e1ea/fcc5cab7.jpg

They always hang out together in this corner. Missy is like a big sister watching her little brother sleep...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid47/pcf4c8b530271a053fab5ab7a367541ce/fcc5cab9.jpg

Toby just woke up in this picture, and look how Missy looks at him with so much adoration ;)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid47/p0ba3f4f4334f397e700a6c5e7d8b87dc/fcc5fd9c.jpg

I could go on, and on and on :D I'ma very proud Mommy!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-16-2003, 10:54 AM
I could go on, and on and on :D I'ma very proud Mommy!

And rightfully so!

Welcome to the cat side! Missy and Toby are so adorable together! They look like they're best of friends. I love the pictures of them looking out the window together. They look like big sister showing little brother the ropes. Soooo cute!!!

Tubby is my big black boy, and Peanut is my sweet little girl (tortie on white I guess she's called). :) :D :)

wolflady
01-16-2003, 11:59 AM
OMG!! How incredibly sweet! :D Welcome to the 'Cat Side' Trisha! Both of your kids are just darling! I absolutely love the pictures of Toby and Missy together. What great personalities they must have! I'm going to copy and email these pictures to my husband as a hint that dogs and cats can get along! LOL I've been wanting a dog for the longest time, but cats fit my lifestyle a bit better for the moment. I have two indoor kitties: Scooter a tuxie and Marius my all white lap cutie. I also care for a neighborhood stray cat whom I call Crookshanks. She's a tabby girl. It's nice to have you here and I look forward to more pics!! I just love them! ;)
**hugs**
Karen

Logan
01-16-2003, 12:53 PM
I think that is just too great, what you did, rescuing Toby, and how well Missy has accepted him!!! And he is a good boy too to just fit right in and do everything right!!!

Welcome to the "cat side". Now all you need is a bird or a gerbil and then you could go to the Pet side too, like me!! No wonder I never get anything done!!!

Hugs to Missy and Toby,
Logan, the Golden Girls, Honey, Lilly and Murphy, Butter, Mimi, Roger and Milly

Miss Meow
01-16-2003, 03:08 PM
I must be getting vague, but I'm sure I replied to this thread but I can't see my reply??? Hmmm, maybe I only thought I did it. Anyway, welcome! Your pics are beautiful; I just love seeing cats and dogs get along so well together, it's a sign of a harmonious household.

NoahsMommy
01-16-2003, 04:21 PM
Those pictures are amazing!! You can post as many of them as you want, feel free. :)

I am just amazed they get along so well, they are obth sweet souls. How fun!!

krazyaboutkatz
01-16-2003, 11:56 PM
Welcome to the cat side. Toby and Missy are beautiful and look so cute together. You can post as many pics as you want. I'm sure we'll never get tired of seeing them. :)

shais_mom
01-17-2003, 12:38 AM
Omgosh!! I love the picture where they are wrestling!!! Keegan and Kylie would never do that!!
How sweet they are!!
Welcome to the cat side !! Hope to see you more often!!

koxka
01-17-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Welcome! Your pics are beautiful; I just love seeing cats and dogs get along so well together, it's a sign of a harmonious household.

That's what I was just thinking seing your pictures...and Miss Meow expressed herself so nicely...

You are on posting pic ,eh? We love pictures :p
This one, especialy , melt my heart. Missy's hugging Tobby, She looks like she is in Paradise.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid47/p5aaf208b600c65ef3369296ef85876/fcc5fc9f.jpg

Welcome ,welcome!