PDA

View Full Version : Gaylord is with the Angels

Sudilar
01-15-2003, 04:49 PM
Rest in peace sweet, beautiful Gaylord. Even though I only knew you for 2 1/2 weeks, I loved you.

It is with breaking heart I must announce that Gaylord met Wolf and Avalanche at Rainbow Bridge. They are all heathy and whole again.

Gaylord was scheduled for FHO surgery. When they opened him up, they found advanced bone cancer. His bones were disintegrating. He left for Rainbow Bridge at 11:30 today.

Remember, Gaylord, as I told you many times....I love you.

Sue

Edwina's Secretary
01-15-2003, 04:54 PM
Oh Gaylord!!! Oh Sue!!! My heart is breaking for you. He was such a beautiful soul......

May he rest in peace.

Sara

Karen
01-15-2003, 04:55 PM
Oh, Sue, our thoughts and prayers are with you. So sad, baby, that his cancer had spread so far, but better to go sleep and not wake up than live in ever-increasing pain.

Say Hi to Sheba, Gaylord, she's show you everything you need to know at the Rainbow Bridge, and ask my Mom for a biscuit - because I'm sure she visits the RB regularly, in case the doggies, kitties and everyone else needs more love and biscuits.

aly
01-15-2003, 04:57 PM
Sue

I can't type thorugh so many tears. I am so very sorry :( Please hug Killian and Shiloh and stay strong. :(

Sudilar
01-15-2003, 04:57 PM
Oh, yes, Sara, you met him, you know how beautiful he was.
My heart is breaking...

Cookiebaker
01-15-2003, 05:32 PM
Oh oh oh I am so sorry!! :( I can't even believe this!! Rest in peace, dear Gaylord, and know that you were loved by many...:( I am so sorry!

primabella
01-15-2003, 06:02 PM
oh {{hug}}

so sorry to hear about this. may he rest in peace. -<--<{@

mugsy
01-15-2003, 06:21 PM
Oh Sue I'm so sorry!! I hope he finds all of ours to play with also.

Jessica12345
01-15-2003, 06:27 PM
oh gaylord! You were loved by many........ and still are. R.I.P. Gaylord! oh......... so sorry.

anna_66
01-15-2003, 06:47 PM
I'm trying not to cry as I type this, I just can't imagine how you feel Sue. I'm sure my Keisha monster will be there to welcome him along with all the others, so he will not be lonely.
R.I.P. Sweet Gaylord

lizbud
01-15-2003, 06:51 PM
Oh Sue,

I am just stunned.:( That sweet, beautiful boy.:(

I am so very sorry that he's gone, but I'm glad, you & all
of us through you, got to "meet" Gaylord before he left us.
I really don't know what to say. R.I.P. Sweet Boy.

Cinder & Smoke
01-15-2003, 06:52 PM
Dear Sue ~

So VERRY Sorry that we've lost poor Gaylord :(.

Always remember the Good Times you shared with him.
And Know that you gave him Love that he never knew before you came into his life.

Hey Gaylord ~
Look up Lady, Casey, Arrow, and Shadow - they'll be sure to show you around at the Bridge! And find My Mom, too - she's a Soft Touch for treats (and Smokey thinks she packed some of his Bisquits when she left for the Bridge).

Rest In Peace, Dear Gaylord ~
We're all gonna miss you!

:(

trisha0503
01-15-2003, 07:08 PM
Dearest Sue,

I am so sorry to hear this news :( Just remember the good times that you've shared with Gaylord.. Just remember that HE's now in good hands.. No rmore pain.. No more suffering...

I can't imagine the pain that you're feeling right now. He was so lucky to have you as his family even for a short time.. Try not to cry too much, Gaylord is looking at you right now and he doesn't want to see his Mom being lonely..

Hugs to you, to SHilloh and Killi.. We'll always be here for you...

Sudilar
01-15-2003, 07:14 PM
Wow, I never expected this to hurt so much. I only had him for such a short, short time, but long enough to fall in love with him. Thank you all for your sympathy. I am still crying ...

Cataholic
01-15-2003, 07:22 PM
Sue,
You are in my prayers.
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}
Johanna

Nomilynn
01-15-2003, 07:38 PM
RIP Gaylord... :(

delidog
01-15-2003, 07:46 PM
Dear Sue,
You are in our prayers...
and Dear Gaylord...Godspeed to The Bridge!!!!
We sent a message...Scrubber and Ms. Puss are waiting for you...
They will Welcome you with all your other friends there waiting for you.....
Rest Now Sweet Gaylord...Now you are pain free and at Peace...

My Heart goes out to you Dear Sue......

RubyMutt
01-15-2003, 08:27 PM
:( I am so sorry! It's is always difficult to lose a pet. :( At least he will be pain free from now on. I lost my one of my dogs to cancer a few years ago. It was so hard to see her go, but it was in a way a relief to see her suffering end. Again, I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you have many wonderful memories of Gaylord to remember him in your future. RIP Gaylord

Aspen and Misty
01-15-2003, 08:30 PM
O I'm so sorry to hear about this! My eyes are tearing up. Please give your other pups a hug, I'm sorry it ended like this but at least he is happy and healthy again.

::hugs::
Ash

sammi
01-15-2003, 08:46 PM
Sue, So sorry to hear that your Gaylord has died. May he play and run free at the bridge.

*LabLoverKEB*
01-15-2003, 09:00 PM
Oh, Sue, I am so sorry to hear about Gaylord.:( :( I don't know what to say. He is running and playing at the Rainbow Bridge.

AdoreMyDogs
01-15-2003, 10:30 PM
Dear Sue,

You were a wonderful foster mom to that special boy and I know that he is very greatful for your tremendous love and devotion. I am so shocked and devistated to hear that he is now gone, but I am glad that you and his adoptive momma had the chance to give him all the love that he deserved. He was a very special soul, I could tell without even meeting him in person. It is because of you that he had a chance to experience the love that every dog should, but may not be as fortunate, to experience. You were his angel and he'll be waiting for both you and his adoptive mom, who must be so sad, also :(

Gaylord, it was a pleasure "meeting" you and I wish you an eternity of happiness in heaven.

Sue, I am so sorry. I know that you only had him for a short time, but I would be devistated to know that something happened to one of my foster pups, so I compleltely understand your sadness. It does not take much time for us sensetive animal loving people to grow bonded to special animals. Give Shiloh and Killi a kiss on their foreheads and a hug from me.

Love,

Leslie

zippy-kat
01-15-2003, 11:04 PM
Oh, Sue! Big, BIG hugs to you!!

Chris J
01-16-2003, 12:48 AM
I am really sorry to hear about your loss Sue. :(

Gaylord RIP.

shais_mom
01-16-2003, 01:15 AM
Oh Sue, I am so sorry to hear this. How horrible. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Godspeed to the Bridge sweet Gaylord.
Shaianne, sweetie, show him the ropes.

gini
01-16-2003, 01:17 AM
Dear Sue, the depth of love that you have for Gaylord is something that he took with him. He knows that you love him and loved him enough to give him the very best care you knew how.
What a good Mom you have been - and it will never be forgotten.

tatsxxx11
01-16-2003, 04:54 AM
Oh, Sue, I'm stunned. I'm so, so sorry.:( I know you are hurting terribly. During the brief time he lived with you and your family he was loved and cared for like he was your own. I'm sure he knew how very much you loved him and will take those precious memories with him to the Rainbow Bridge. And through you, we all came to love him too. Thank you for being the best foster Mom a doggie could ever hope for. As Leslie has said, you were his earthly guradian angel. Rest easy now dear Gaylord. You will never be forgotten.

Cisco's Mom
01-16-2003, 08:18 AM
These things are never easy. Whether it's been 2 1/2 wks or 2 1/2 yrs. I'm so sorry to hear of his passing, but he is def. healthy and strong now playing with all the others at the bridge. Stay strong! One day we all will meet back up with our beloved pets!:)

Logan
01-16-2003, 08:52 AM
Sue, I am so sorry that you are having bear this pain. Like the others, I know that even for the short time you had him, Gaylord benefited from you wonderful love and care. He knew real love with you and with his new owner, whose heart must be breaking too. The most reassuring thing is that we know where he is and that he is running like the wind, with no pain. But now you and others are bearing the pain. Thank you for letting us know so that we can ask God to put his arms around that beautiful fellow and shower him with love.

We can't be with you in person, but we are certainly with you in spirit, dear friend.

Logan :(

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-16-2003, 08:55 AM
Sue,

I am so sorry to hear about Gaylord. I think everyone here at Pet Talk fell in love with him through your posts. He was very fortunate to have been cared for and loved by you for the last weeks of his life and I am sure that he was greatly loved with Grandma who adopted him. He will surely be missed.

R.I.P. Gaylord.

lovemyshiba
01-16-2003, 09:54 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Gaylord:(
I'm sure he is in a better place now, free of pain and suffering, and having a good time at the Rainbow Bridge. I know how much it hurts, my sympathies go out to you.
I hope Gaylord meets up with Spike, he will definitely show him around. My grandfather loved Spike as if he were his, so I'm sure he's there a lot too--he'll take care of Gaylord as well

01-16-2003, 10:00 AM
Oh , I am so sorry to hear about sweet gaylord ...:( . Loving a pet has nothing to do with how long you've known it ; love strucks from the very first minute ! So , losing a rather new pet , hurts as much as losing one who is there for ages already ...!
You are in my thoughts and prayers , dear Sue :)

Sudilar
01-16-2003, 10:04 AM
Thank you everyone. I still tear up reading these posts. I looked at his pictures. He was a beauty. He even got along with Shiloh!!
He is at a far better place and running painless. My head tells me this, my heart tells me otherwise. His poor owner is devastated. She previously was owned by two dogs who died of cancer. She specifically said she didn't want a dog with cancer and look what happens! So so sad.

ramanth
01-16-2003, 10:11 AM
Oh beautiful Gaylord! You are missed so much. :(

My heart goes out to you Sue. *hugs*

Rest in peace sweet Gaylord.

Albea
01-16-2003, 11:34 AM
http://mitglied.lycos.de/clipartsworld/clipartr/bilder/rainbow37.gif Dear Sue: so sorry to know Gaylor is no longer with you, but remember the sun will always shine for him at the other side of the Bridge and he'll be looking over you and your fur kids, thanking you for the happiness you gave him.

ParNone
01-16-2003, 11:36 AM
sorry to hear about Gaylord, Sudilar.
rest in peace Gayload

Cincy'sMom
01-16-2003, 03:33 PM
RIP dear Gaylord!

jenluckenbach
01-16-2003, 04:06 PM
My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

ChrisH
01-16-2003, 04:15 PM
I am stunned on reading this about Gaylord. I am so very sorry Sue, he was such a lovely boy in appearance and nature. My heart goes out to you and to the lady who got to own and love him too. Hugs to you both. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

RIP Gaylord

Dixieland Dancer
01-17-2003, 08:21 AM
I am having a hard time typing through the tears too! Dear Sue you have my deepest sympathy. I have felt that pain and wish I could spare you from it.

Think of the joy in knowing Gaylord will be there to meet you again someday at the bridge.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Sudilar
01-17-2003, 09:05 PM
Thank you so much everyone. I am sure Gaylord felt the love pouring out for him as he smiles down from Rainbow Bridge.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid47/pce167eb9cc765b5f466e5bee05c141a4/fcc36a50.jpg

ownerof3dogs
01-17-2003, 11:18 PM
I am in shock! I am SO sorry to hear about Gaylord. Rest in peace Gaylord. You were such a beauty!

Rachel
01-18-2003, 06:09 AM
We don't have to know an animal long to fall in love and with that love can come pain, when something like this happens. I am so sorry for your pain, Sue. You know that. May you feel some peace from knowing that you were what Gaylord needed at the time your paths crossed.