PDA

View Full Version : I'm new here

CatLover03
01-15-2003, 04:02 PM
Hi. I just wanted to ask a few questions to "get to know" the people here. Do you enjoy having a cat as a pet? Why do you like animals? Thanks for answering! I appreciate it. :)

AmberLee
01-15-2003, 04:47 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk.

I thrill to my two fur-babies. Cassy is my male; he's the silver swirl tabby in my avatar. Livvy is the brown tabby Maine Coon mix that alternates with him there.

I think what MOST appeals to me about animals is their ability to show love so directly. When my cats want affection, there isn't any game playing, they demand affection and give it abundantly, too.

neko1
01-15-2003, 07:15 PM
I love my kitties, they are my children!! They are absolutely spoiled!! And I definately love animals cause I work for a vet.:D
http://www.whataboutcats.com/images/catz1.gif

jenluckenbach
01-15-2003, 08:05 PM
Welcome....
I LOVE having cats for pets. I don't think I'd ever be without them. They really are even more than my "children" They are what I live for. I always joke that I like animals because they can't talk back to you. But I really think that even if they could, they wouldn't. They are just bundles of love, there to comfort you, play with you, keep you company, give you purpose (like feeding them.) They entertain you, and I can't even tell you what a warm purring body is like, but the human body really needs it.

wayne0214
01-16-2003, 05:28 AM
Catlover 03, Welcome to Pet Talk:) I have not been a cat lover for very long. Originally, I had a few of them around for utilitarian purposes, when I used to work as maintainence tech. on a ranch in central Calif. However, I discoverd the different breeds while posting on Pet Talk. This sparked my interest in cats even more. Now I have 10 of them in my house, and I wouldn't be without them -mostly because of their unconditional love, and besides, they all have their little personalities, just like people. I have yet to find two of them with the same personalities. I especially like the way they run and play in the house, or with a cat toy, and pile on my bed at night after I go to sleep. When I wake up for a midnight snack or early in the mornings, it is not unusual to find 6 to 8 of them all curled up on the covers asleep. Also, as pets go, they are not much trouble to care for. :)

............wayne

hellostranger
01-16-2003, 08:23 AM
Hi Catlover03! Welcome to pettalk.... :)

I love having kitties around the house and I couldn't imagine living in a home without them. Whenever I go to a cat-less friend's house part of me always feels that the house is empty, no matter how many people are in it. I like all animals, but I think I'm especially drawn to kitties because they are such a wonderful mixture of unconditional love and self-reliance. They can love you with their entire furry self but never lose their independence.

What's your cat's name? Do you have a picture? (we love pictures!)

Laura

Tina
01-17-2003, 12:18 PM
Welcome!!

Yes I love having cats as pets I have 3, I love all of my animals. They are all my babies and they each have their very own personalitly.

smokey the elder
01-18-2003, 08:37 AM
My cats have gotten me through some tough times. I have 7 of my own and two current fosters. I have placed 32 cats and kittens that I've fostered for adoption in the last two years. I get a real sampling of their purrsonalities when I get to share their lives for awhile.

BastetsMum
01-18-2003, 04:25 PM
I first got a cat as a companion pet. Bastet though has bought more joy into my life than any other pet I ever owned! She is a little miracle and I love her to bits!