PDA

View Full Version : Hey...

wolf_Q
01-15-2003, 09:25 AM
How do I convince my parents that Nebo should sleep on my bed? :D lol.....

I haven't asked yet, but dogs have never been allowed on beds around here. They are convinced that if a dog is on the bed, they will also be on the couches...I swear Nebo wouldn't do that....there's a room I can leave the door wide open all day, and he will NOT go in there, I've taught him not to, just like I will teach him NOT to get up on anything besides my bed...and I'll keep my door shut..

*sigh* It's not going to happen, I'm just bored here...pointless post...:rolleyes:

Dixieland Dancer
01-15-2003, 09:28 AM
Since he can't get on the bed can you get him one of his own and put it near your bed? That might be ok with mom and dad.

anna_66
01-15-2003, 09:30 AM
no big doggies on the bed (but the little ones used to sleep with us). Mark says too much hair. And I agree to a certain point, but hey, I'm the one who changes the bed:p
Good luck getting your parents to say yes Amy!

lovemyshiba
01-15-2003, 11:56 AM
I don't know how to convince your parents, but both of ours sleep in our bed, and go nowhere near the furniture. We just tought them "NO" that they aren't allowed on the furniture. Nebo is a smart dog, he will get it. And change your sheets often, and use Febreeze or something if you have to--it should be no problem. I love having mine in the bed with me--such a happy little family we are, all snuggled up together. Kito comes over and curls up by my head, and Abbey usually ends up between us somehow, and she wakes us up with kisses.
Good Luck:)

Andie
01-15-2003, 12:12 PM
Hmmm i don't know my parents were the ones who started the whole dog in the bed thing and allowed them up on the couch.

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-15-2003, 12:26 PM
Andrew and I bought a king size bed over the Holidays and Draker was a big factor in our decision. He used to be allowed on the couch in the old house, but now since we bought a new livingroom set, he isn't allowed on it and hasn't tried getting on it. A couple of No's did the trick.

Drake doesn't sleep under the covers. I am pretty obsesive compulsive with my bed making though. After I smooth out the sheets, I take a lint roller and go over the sheets and then make up the bad. I shake out the comforter and vaccuum the top with the hand help tool. I finish by spraying Febreeze. The sheets get washed once a week and the comforter dry cleaned once a week (the Dryel system)!

Ask your parents to give you a chance. If he starts getting on the furniture, then you will not allow him on the bed anymore.

slleipnir
01-15-2003, 01:41 PM
Josie use to NEVER be alowed in my room let alone near my bed. Now they both sleep in my room on whichever bed. I used to just ask if she could stay with me once a week, I mean whats the harm in ONE day..then it eventually stretched and I guess he forgot or realized it wasn't that big of a deal..

Cookiebaker
01-15-2003, 05:43 PM
We just got a new queen size bed last Saturday, and we are teaching Malone that he is only allowed up on the bed when he is invited. So far, he has been pretty good about it, and only when he is in a ruckus of a mood does he fly up there with that "catch-me-if-you-can look. :rolleyes: He is not allowed on any other furniture, except our deskchairs, and he knows that, too. So I definitely think that you can train Nebo that bed is okay, other furniture is not. Best of luck in pursuading your parents. There's absolutely nothing like a dog curled up next to your legs in the middle of the night. :D

Cookiebaker
01-15-2003, 06:26 PM
Here's Malone trying out our new bed for the first time.

P.S. The pictures don't really do it justice because 1. it's our old down comforter because our new hasn't been delivered yet. and 2. I have fancy pillows with shams now, and those pillows don't even have cases on them. :o

http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/bed01.JPG

http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/bed02.JPG

http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/bed03.JPG