PDA

View Full Version : oh my...

iceyshiver21
01-14-2003, 01:46 PM
My grandpa as you may not know. Owns a rat terrier named Buddy, well Buddy was not very well socailized and he likes to bite everyone but me, my grandpa, and my grandma! He bite my little sister Carlee last night and she's only two years old, all she did was walk up to my grandpa. And he didnt growl just bite and my mom had a cow!! As always, and yes i admit this is getting out of hand, he has bitten every one but me and my grandparents. My grandpa don't do anything about it, because he was told yelling at little dogs could cause them to go into depression! I've never seen my granpa push Buddy away until...My grandpa has now bought a Rat Terrier mix about the size of a adult man's fist, and Buddy went and nipped her and my grandpa pushed Buddy away so quick my jaw just dropped, but my parents are going to go nuts if somthing isnt done with buddy, i personally think he need to get c-l-i-p-p-e-d, but my grandpa worries about him getting lazy, and i need some other people to agree that with the right excersize and diet Buddy would still be just as entergetic.

**By the way buddy is 4 and a half years old.

Cataholic
01-14-2003, 02:28 PM
Icy shiver.....it might help things a little bit if you added some punctuation. I can't really follow what you are saying, but I would like to help!!

iceyshiver21
01-14-2003, 02:44 PM
im sorry im in computor class and im not soppose to be on the internet, so my screen was really small I'll fix it.

Cataholic
01-14-2003, 03:01 PM
I don't really know if I know the answer to this. But, some dogs don't like small children. They are scared of them. I don't even know if this is a dog??? If it is, you might post it in Dog General.

I think nuetering/spaying has FAR more benefits than negative.

Good luck.

Dixieland Dancer
01-14-2003, 03:14 PM
The dog will only become lazy if it is left unexercised after getting neutered. Most dogs tend to put on weight because their metabolism slows down. However, you need to realize that this is probably not going to correct his nipping behavior.

You need to realize he probably bit your sister as he was trying to demonstrate he was higher in the pack heirarchy than her. Until Grandpa starts to deal with the problem it will only get worse. Eventually the dog may need to be put down if it does get worse. Some states have laws about dogs that bite more than twice. It is an automatic death penalty. Please get Grandpa to see the light and get this dog help in realizing the behavior is not acceptable.

iceyshiver21
01-14-2003, 04:59 PM
I've tried, to make him see, i think its starting to work, and ya your right i wasn't thinking i should have put this under dog general, sorry about that.

**I was told that getting him neutered might curb his behavior.

***Put him down! i dont think so, my grandpa would go insane, he lets Buddy eat off his plate, he wouldn't even let his own children eat of his plate. Which I really don't think that Buddy eating off his plate is healthy, and his Veternairian, also told him that so he dont do that much any more.

*****I don't see why, if he loves him so much that he wont do a good thing for him.:(