PDA

View Full Version : My Dad Went To South Korea

Tina
01-14-2003, 12:30 PM
My dad had to go to South Korea for two weeks because it is part of his job. He has to go to different places to check the machines at different companies and see if what parts the company( he works for) is working out for them. I knew he had to leave but I didn't think he was going to leave Sunday evening. Actually he went to Roanoke, Virginia to stay the night at a motel so he would not have to leave for the airport from my parents Monday morning. His flight was at 8:00 A.M. yesterday morning. If I would have know he was leaving so soon I would have gone over Saturday sometime and seen him before he left. Of course he didn't let any of us know. He didn't even call my grandma(my brother was staying there over the weekend) they live right next to us. Its strange that he didn't call and let anyone know. My didn't even know until that evening. I'm kinda upset over it but I'll be all right. I just hope he had a safe trip there and has a safe trip back. I always worry about him when he goes out of the country. I know he will be alright. But still can't help but to worry. Rob said he could have drove up here to even let us know they only live like five minutes away. Since we usually have the computer online. We are not only here constantly but we do keep it connected unless we call someone. Yeah it is partically my fault too. Cause I could have gone on over there Saturday. He'll probably be calling my mom sometime today so I'll try calling her later she if she has talked to him. Well sorry this is so long. Just had to get this off my chest.

All Creatures Great And Small
01-15-2003, 01:00 AM
I can imagine how worried you would be, with the turmoil going on in that part of the world right now. I sure hope you hear from him soon - please let us know if you do!

Paul
01-15-2003, 01:06 AM
   I think it sounds exciting to go to South Korea! I hope he has a wonderful time.

Although, I do worry every time Karen leaves the house.

Paul

Logan
01-15-2003, 08:14 AM
I am sure he will be safe, Tina, and home before you know it. You will have to go see him when he gets home. It will make him feel good that you were so worried about him!!! I hope the two weeks fly by and he is back safe and sound!!

Logan :)

Tina
01-15-2003, 10:05 AM
He is fine! I talked to my mom yesterday evening. He has already been to South Korea once. So they already know him pretty well there. He says he loves South Korea he said it is almost like West Virginia there country is. It would be interesting to go there. Yeah I'm sure the two weeks will fly by so fast. And I'm going to be sure to go and see him when he gets back. I'm pretty close to my dad we're more like best friends so I guess that what makes our realationship so good. Thanks for all the nice words and good thoughts.

gini
01-15-2003, 11:52 AM
Tina, glad to hear that your Dad arrived safely - and before you know it he will be home and sharing all of his adventures with you. When you love someone very much - you worry! He will be safe and sound and home soon.