PDA

View Full Version : Bike springs

Corinna
01-13-2003, 11:24 PM
About a year ago we had a discussion about the spring you attach to bikes to walk dogs safely as you ride. How has it worked for you? I'm concidering one for Merlin so we can both lose some weight. Thanks for all the replies, it will help me decide.

wolf_Q
01-14-2003, 12:40 AM
Are you talking about The Springer? I've also brought up this subject before. I haven't actually bought a product yet, so I don't know what to tell you is best...but this product, BikerDog, anna_66 recommended to me....it seems like a great product, maybe you should check out the website. BIKERDOG (http://www.bikerdog.com)

anna_66
01-14-2003, 08:49 AM
I've heard alot about the springer, not all good. Now I'm not saying it's bad or anything, this is just what I heard.
I really like the bikerdog, it is wonderful. Roxey & I have never had an accident, she's never pulled me over (and belive me, she's tried when she sees other dogs:rolleyes: ) or gotten the bike out of control.
I highly recomend the bikerdog. I paid $55 with s & h, and it has been worth every penny.

Corinna
01-14-2003, 12:46 PM
Thanks this is what I was wanting , it's opinions. I am not all that good on a bike right now due to some diabetic things happening,but I want to get Merlin in shape as well as myself. Doc says I lose the weight and i may be able to pitch the pills. Only 40lbs to go.
More opinions PLEASE!!!!

ownerof3dogs
01-17-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
I've heard alot about the springer, not all good. Now I'm not saying it's bad or anything, this is just what I heard.
I really like the bikerdog, it is wonderful. Roxey & I have never had an accident, she's never pulled me over (and belive me, she's tried when she sees other dogs:rolleyes: ) or gotten the bike out of control.
I highly recomend the bikerdog. I paid $55 with s & h, and it has been worth every penny.

Have you ever biked with Angus before? Can he pull you over? If that big guy can't pull you over then no dog can LOL

Glacier
01-17-2003, 11:37 PM
I have a Springer and I LOVE it!! Several of my huskies have the breed's notorious recall abilities, or rather lack thereof. They can not ever be off leash, but they are huskies and they need to run full out alot. I can't keep up in the summer without the Springer. I regularly run my 100 pound ++ malamute on it with no problems. She can't chase squirrels, she can't attack other female dogs. The Springer has greatly increased the number of places I can safely take Kayleigh. I would highly recommend one!

ownerof3dogs
01-17-2003, 11:40 PM
That good news. I wanted to get one to run Hercules who weighs 110lbs and Zeus who weighs 75lbs. But I thought they would be able to pull me over.

anna_66
01-18-2003, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by ownerof3dogs

Have you ever biked with Angus before? Can he pull you over? If that big guy can't pull you over then no dog can LOL
I can hardly get him to walk very far, let alone run;)

ownerof3dogs
01-18-2003, 10:00 PM
Angus you don't like to excercise? Guess what ethier do I! LOL That's why I want to be the riding a bike rather then running.

Angus you are the biggest cutey. I would love to give you a great big hug!