PDA

View Full Version : Taster or non?

slleipnir
01-13-2003, 02:30 PM
We did this pretty cool thing in Biology today. Some people can taste things other people can't, maybe thats why some of us like things others hate. I can't remember the name of this chemical, it was like PTHC or something..Anyway, they soke some paper in it and our teacher gave us some to try. If you can taste it, it's a dominant thing, so almost everyone in our class could taste it, compaired to the recessive non tasters. It had a really bad taste (I could taste it unfortunatly), kinda like if you put aspren or any of that kind of thing on your tounge, kinda of a sour gross taste. Just wondering, has anyone else ever done/heard of this?

neko1
01-13-2003, 05:06 PM
I've never heard of that but it sounds like a really cool experiment to do in class!!

Nomilynn
01-13-2003, 08:15 PM
I did that! I think I was a taster, but it wasn't that gross to me. But some people had to go drink juice after and/or rinse their mouths with water. The weirdest is when people just said "it tastes like paper" hehe.. it was fun.

wolf_Q
01-13-2003, 11:26 PM
I did that in a class too. I could taste it....unfortunately lol.

ownerof3dogs
01-14-2003, 12:49 AM
I did it last year. But I couldn't taste it. Everyone who could ran out the room to get a drink. I sort-of-wanted to taste it though:(

Ann
01-14-2003, 02:47 AM
Nope, I sadly haven't done that. Sounds like fun though!

jenluckenbach
01-14-2003, 05:48 AM
Sounds neat, I'd like to do that. (if I did, it was too long ago to remember). I'd probably be a non-tater, my tastes are different to everyone elses. What they like I hate and vise verse.

HoRsELUvR
01-14-2003, 06:06 AM
that is interesting and explains alot about different tastes.