PDA

View Full Version : A new baby and a new problem, a couples worst nightmare

luckies4me
01-12-2003, 01:51 AM
Well some good news and some bad news. Our family friends (John and Angie, Dan has known John since elementary school) finally added another little bundle of joy to their family...Alison Kaye. a 6 pound 15 ounce girl! :D

Unfortunately she was diagnosed with a heart murmur and needs to have surgery within a year. She has a hole in her heart and one of the valves in narrow so it makes it hard for her to breath.

Angie and John are meeting with a pediatric cardiologist on Tuesday morning. He is comming to Eugene from Portland. So I am assuming she will undergo sugery shortly. :(

They say her case isn't as bad as most and it should be able to be corrected with surgery. I cried when he told me this. It was just a few minutes ago. We have yet to see the baby but hopefully we will get to see her tomorrow. :) I really hope she will be ok, please say a prayer for this tiny girl.

krazyaboutkatz
01-12-2003, 02:30 AM
This is such sad news but with today's medical technology there's so much that can be corrected. My thoughts and prayers are with Angie and John and their family.

luckies4me
01-12-2003, 01:45 PM
Thanks, hopefully we will be able to go visit them today and take some pictures. :)

I just can't stop thinking about it.

Twisterdog
01-12-2003, 02:30 PM
I'll keep your friends and their baby in my thoughts and prayers.

Sudilar
01-12-2003, 04:24 PM
Prayers on the way.

RockyRoad
01-12-2003, 05:44 PM
I am so sorry to hear that. Prayers are on the way from us too, I hope she is doing okay and will make it.
Please let us know how she is doing. God bless Angie, John, and their family.

Karen
01-12-2003, 05:46 PM
Prayers for baby Alison Kaye and her family.

luckies4me
01-12-2003, 06:05 PM
Well we are not going to visit today, but hopefully tomorow. :)

Thank you all. I am going to email this to Angie and John. I hope it will make them feel a little better.

The disease is treatable but surgery is still risky. I will jus thave to wait and see what they say. The family is strong so I am sure they will make it throughthis just fine. Thanks everyone for your concern. I will update when I hear something. :)

Jessica12345
01-12-2003, 07:07 PM
praying all the way... im so sorry. good luck to you all.

tatsxxx11
01-12-2003, 07:31 PM
I'm a nurse and I call tell you that this is a rather common and very correctable problem. Still, I know how absolutely terrified Angie and John must be. The thought of such a tiny little person like Alison Kaye having to undergo surgery is so very frightening. But they must put their trust in their Drs. and God. We will all be praying for a quick and complete recovery for this precious child. Please tell Angie and John that many are praying for them and wishing them all the best.

luckies4me
01-12-2003, 08:02 PM
Yes they said it is treatable. :)

Would they want her to gain more weight before having surgery though? She is only 6 lbs. 15 ounces. :(

They said she came out blue from lackof oxygen and there is also a whole in the heart. They said it was called a "fallot" or something like that. I don't remember the correct name. I was just so sad to hear that, poor little baby. :(

She had her in all but 8 minutes!!:eek: It took me 2 and a half hours just to push Dylan out, he wouldn't fit and I almost had to have an emergency c section. He wasn't breathing when he came out also. I will never have a midwife again,they waited too long to take Dylan out. He finally came out after they cut me, and they tugged really hard.

I will never have a vaginal birth again, I am now terrified! I have to have surgery for complications I still have after giving birth. I can't wait! That day is going to be the best day ever!

luckies4me
01-16-2003, 04:42 PM
Well Dan said they brought the baby into work. :) I have yet to see her. Dan said they ar going to wait for her to be either 4 or 6 months to perform the surgery. The surgery will costs 13,000 dollars and their insurance doesn't cover it!!!!!:mad: :( :( :(

So when we get out taxes back we will be giving them some money to go towards the babies surgery. They are trying to sell their house and just spent a LOT of money to purchase three alpacas so maybe they can sell them to raise some money. To me the baby should come first, get rid of the spitters lol.

John owns a lot of stock too so maybe he can sell some shares and make money that way. Please everyone, say a prayer for this tiny little girl, for her to make it through surgery and for her family to raise enough money to actually have the surgery done. Thanks and again I will keep you all updated. Hopefully on Saturday I will be able to smell sweet baby smells again....well tiny baby smells. Dylans still my baby. ;) :D

Soledad
01-16-2003, 04:46 PM
Hopefully on Saturday I will be able to smell sweet baby smells again....

Oh! There's nothing like sweet baby smell. Especially when they've just had a bath!

They'll be in my thoughts!

luckies4me
01-16-2003, 04:52 PM
I know, I love when Dylan gets bathed. He smells so good afterwards and I can't stop sniffing his head. His shampoo smells really good lol.

Although today he has been rather stinky! He did three poopies within two hours!:eek: :o

Thank you for your kind words. I know John and Angie will appreciate it.;)

lynnestankard
01-16-2003, 04:52 PM
Prayers winging for Alison Kaye and her family.

Lynne

Dixieland Dancer
01-17-2003, 08:43 AM
Prayers are being offered from me too. I am glad to hear the condition is treatable. :D

anna_66
01-17-2003, 08:48 AM
Sorry to be late to this thread, but I didn't see it before now. I hope things will be ok for this sweet little girl and her family.
I can't belive insurance doesn't cover the surgery, how stupid:mad: