PDA

View Full Version : ratty ridalin???

wolfsoul
01-12-2003, 12:41 AM
does anyone know of a cheap medication or food i can give my rat to calm him down?

Desert Arabian
01-20-2003, 03:39 PM
Um...I don't believe there is such a thing.It's normal for rats to act nutty/zippy-it's more unusual when they don't.

wolfsoul
01-20-2003, 08:58 PM
well, in my rats case, it isnt very normal...i took him to the vet about a month after i got him (i wasnt allowed to take him and got in BIG trouble *ahk*) and the vet told me he thought that frisco might have brain damage (which i sincerley doubt) but i heard about this stuff called "bach remedy" of "five flowers remedy" and im going to try it (if i can find it) and see how it goes...hopefully its not too expensive....thats why i was trying to find a food that might calm him a little, so then i wouldnt have to spend a bunch on that...oh well, thanx for ur input....

luckies4me
01-29-2003, 01:29 PM
The bach remedy works wonders on a lot of ratty ailments. :)

Don't think your rat is crazy just because your vet said that. Most vets are clueless about rats. How does your rat act? If you gave me more info I can tell you if your rat is normal or not. Does are very active and always hyper, until they reach around a year and a half or older...although some can be laid back. If your rat is just hyper that's normal. If he has a head tilt or acts agressive all of a sudden then maybe he has problems. Plus there is no way you can really tell for sure if a rat has a mental ilness unless you look at his brain.

Desert Arabian
01-29-2003, 03:13 PM
That's what I thought....basically what I said in my first post, but not as long. :D :)

wolfsoul
01-29-2003, 06:43 PM
it may be perfectly normal, its just the way he acts, but hes beginning to make me crazy...ive had and have experience with females and hes waaaay more hyper than any female...he just wants to run and jump around and play....as for aggression, hes also very aggressive towards other rats....but thats just the way he is...hes had incedents where he will decide all the sudden to attack a rat ....which is why i avoid putting him with my little icarus...but when he did try to attack, I (being me lol) would try to yank him away and he would confuse me with icarus and attack me (BIG youchies) so i try my best to make sure they are only together when they r on me (they never fight when they are on me) but this is just the way frisco is...he wants to be the big mean alpha....unfortunatly he wont resort to being the big NICE alpha...so i just want to give him something to calm him down...as i speak he is running around the floor in popcorn mode like crazy...(yes...11 months old yesterday and still in popcorn mode lol) if my mom saw him on the floor she would kill me, but this is what ive resorted to...i cant think of anything else, but i looked for that bach remedy and couldn't find it *sigh* back to the drawing board....