PDA

View Full Version : What are you allergic to?

AmylovesMisty
01-11-2003, 03:00 PM
What are you allergic to? There are many reactions to some allergies!!! I for one am allergic to (your going to be surprised)CATS!!Yes i hate it but its reality!!

RockyRoad
01-11-2003, 03:14 PM
OK I;m allergic to:

Cats, Rodents, Pollen, Dust, Strawberries, Apples, Grass(could go along with pollen), some fabrics, and other stuff.

slleipnir
01-11-2003, 03:25 PM
I'm allergic to the metal on the back of watchs >:[ I think there might be two types, stainless steal, then the kind im alergic too. So far I'm not allergic to stainless LOL. Thats it I think. I'll probably end up like my mom whos allergic to EVERYTHING. I sware she's pretty close to everything..Things like garlic, penicillin, latex, animal dander etc etc etc

AmylovesMisty
01-11-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by FloppsyLadySally89
OK I;m allergic to:

Cats, Rodents, Pollen, Dust, Strawberries, Apples, Grass(could go along with pollen), some fabrics, and other stuff.

Cats??Then how do you live with one?

Cincy'sMom
01-11-2003, 04:48 PM
I don't know exactly what all I am allergic to. Cats are a definate. Things outside in the spring, summer and fall bother me, but I don't know if it is pollen, grass, etc. I pretty much start taken Claritin in April and stop in October or November :)

babolaypo65
01-11-2003, 04:56 PM
metal on watches? yeah i have a friend who was allergic to his watch and his glasses. dr said it was because he was an artist and had been around a lot of chemicals.

as for me, juniper (which is awful because new mexico is full of them), latex, and wheat.
and i get headaches around cigarette smoke.

Tina
01-11-2003, 05:14 PM
I'm allergic to bee's if I get stung I get big as a balloon where ever the bee had stung me!!

slleipnir
01-11-2003, 05:19 PM
Amy: My mom's allergic to cats (The dander actually..same thing) and she has one, she just has to make sure the fur is always cleaned up or she gets all stuffy, maybe its the same for FLS?

Twisterdog
01-11-2003, 05:29 PM
I'm allergic to:

Cats, horses, rabbits, hay, geraniums, tomato plants, mosquito bites, shar peis (no other dogs, strange but true, just shar peis), avocados :( , raw carrots, bananas :( , and nuts.

The Cat Factory
01-11-2003, 05:37 PM
I am allergic to Tomatoes and Sulfur...that's all I know of that I am allergic to :)

KrustyKrabbs
01-11-2003, 06:18 PM
i'm allergic to bandaids - I always get a itchy rash where it was on my skin.

KrustyKrabbs
01-11-2003, 06:20 PM
Oh yeah I forgot sleipner I LOVE the picture of your dog with a towel or blanket thing on its head!!!!

babolaypo65
01-11-2003, 06:23 PM
interesting... me too. i wonder if bandaids have latex? or if i sweat there despite the "air holes"

Originally posted by KrustyKrabbs
i'm allergic to bandaids - I always get a itchy rash where it was on my skin.

krazyaboutkatz
01-11-2003, 06:23 PM
I'm allergic to pollen, ragweed, dust and probably more that I'm unaware of. :)

RockyRoad
01-11-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
Amy: My mom's allergic to cats (The dander actually..same thing) and she has one, she just has to make sure the fur is always cleaned up or she gets all stuffy, maybe its the same for FLS?
Exactly.

neko1
01-11-2003, 06:35 PM
I'm allergic to all sorts of pollens, both indoor and outdoor. My allergies last year round. In the spring I am allergic to the tree pollen, in the summer and fall, I'm allergic to ragweed and mold spores, and in the winter my allergies to pet dander flare up. I do not sleep well at night, cause I'm so stuffed up. I hate having allergies and they keep getting worse as I get older:mad:

Cookiebaker
01-11-2003, 06:56 PM
I never had allergies until I moved to New England. I read somewhere that if you move to a different climate, it will take your body approximately 7 years to get used to the new pollen/environment etc. Since moving up here, I get wicked bad allergies in the springtime...I have sneezed for an hour sometimes. Grrr. But, last year I noticed that they were a little better, so I am hoping that next year will be even better still.

AmylovesMisty
01-11-2003, 07:57 PM
I wasnt aware that so many of you were allergic to animals!!

Fuzzy317
01-11-2003, 09:45 PM
I am allergic to...........hard work...... :D

But seriously, I am not allergic to my pets. You think wearing contacts, I would have problems with the animal dust and furr. I do have to make sure to wash my hands before I work with my contacts, but that is a small price to pay. And with some other reactions I have read, it is nothing at all.

Edwina's Secretary
01-11-2003, 10:03 PM
cats, peanuts, softshell crabs, penicillin, pollen, ragweed, dust, perfumes/dyes in detergent, adhesive (bandaids), scented candles...etc, etc, etc!

The worse time I ever had was when I lived in Arizona! Go figure.

Desert Arabian
01-11-2003, 10:41 PM
I am allergic to a lot of stuff, such as: my rats/rodents in general, horses, I have HORRIBLE hayfever, grass, pine trees, nickel in belt buckles, dust (especially from brushing horses), dog saliva- this is weird, I get hives when certain dogs lick me, but others don't bother me :confused:, dandruff, Ragweed, pollen, eggs (i.e. certain foods made out of eggs), and I think that is about it.

Once and a while I get hives, but most of the time my eyes either water too much or dry out, my nose becomes runny or stuffy, my throat becomes terribly itchy, and my airway constricts causing me to use an inhaler (hayfever).

popcornbird
01-12-2003, 03:10 AM
I'm not really allergic to anything, thank God. The only things I am allergic to are certain types of lotions/cosmetics. I use natural ones and I avoid makeup as much as possible because there have been times when I used certain lotions or cosmetic items and my whole face became red with pimples and rashes and it HURT! I'd rather be my natural self than use unnatural (full of chemicals) cosmetics that ruin my skin. Other than that, I don't think I'm allergic to anything.

NoahsMommy
01-12-2003, 03:15 AM
Basically everything!! ;)

I had an allergy test a few years ago and the only thing that I didn't react to was cockaroaches!!!! YUCK!!!

I am allergic to pollen, trees, plants, cats, dogs, paper dust, dust, mold, etc. But, I take Allegra, Singular and a prescription eye drop when I need them.

Actually, my allergies seem to be much better lately. Go figure, I didn't have cats when I had the test done, now we do and I'm not as bad. Wierd....

AmylovesMisty
01-12-2003, 09:31 AM
Wow, we all have so many diferent allergies!!!

Ann
01-12-2003, 09:32 AM
Hah, it'd be easier to list what I'm not allergic to!

Birch pollen, all kinds of nuts, nickel, silver, kiwis, apples, pears, peaches and all the other "stone-fruits", etc...

AmylovesMisty
01-12-2003, 01:54 PM
oh yeah and i think i am allergic to mold or pollen! I take claritin!!

Cataholic
01-12-2003, 06:48 PM
Nothing, absolutely nothing! I don't know what I would do if I was allergic to pets...talk about cutting off your nose to spite your allergies..he he he.

Jessica12345
01-12-2003, 06:55 PM
im not allergic to anything either.... thank god. my whole family is.