PDA

View Full Version : Funny Funny Funny!!

*BaSim*
02-04-2001, 01:53 PM
Today my mother and Simba were sitting in the lazy boy chair and my mom was almost asleep. Simba jumped up and started barking. So my mom jumped up and went outside to see ifsomeone was there Well Simba didn't go outside with here instaed he jumped back up in the chair and stretched out and took the whole chair up.. I thought it was pretty funny. Sometimes my dad and Simba will be sitting there and my dad will get up to use the restroom or get a drink or somthing and when he comes back Simba will be all stretched out in the chair. He cracks me up.
At first when we got Simba the rules were: No people food , No jumping on furniture, Cant sleep in our beds , and not more than 5 snackies a day. Now Simba take up our whole bed, steals the chairs from us, and gets more snacks then I do. He's spoiled.. But we LOVE him!!

------------------
*.:;KayAnn&Simba;:.*

RachelJ
02-04-2001, 03:09 PM
I don't know what it is about dogs and recliners, but that chair is the canine's favorite perch in this house as well. We have dog beds in practically every room and even have special rugs on the leather couch so they can be up there, but I think it is because the recliner is the chair that I use they figure that it must be the best spot. Hannah and I and even Tucker can usually be all up there at once, but since both of us girls are adding inches, it is getting a little tight at times.

Karen
02-04-2001, 03:38 PM
Every dog we had started out loving the recliner that my family once had. Grace, the Great Dane, loved to curl up in it when she was a little puppy, and looked so cute, just a shiny black circle on the red fabric. Well, she grew. And grew and grew, but still would bound into the recliner, even when her long Dane legs stuck out in four directions when she tried to curl up. Then, one fateful day, she bounded into it ... and the chair attacked! She somehow managed to both overbalance and tip it over, and trigger the levers that made the chair back tilt up straight and the footrest come out! For quite a while after that, she gave that chair a very wide berth - and never got up on it again! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

jackiesdaisy1935
02-04-2001, 03:40 PM
Rachel - You are right about dogs and chairs.
My husband has a recliner and I have an old fashioned rocking chair. When we go into the kitchen in the morning to get our coffee, Perry is in Dads chair and Daisy is in my chair. The best part is we leave them in the chairs and we sit on the sofa. We love our dogs so much, they can pretty much sit or lay wherever they want. As you do we have doggie beds in every room but they love those chairs.

Sudilar
02-04-2001, 04:18 PM
We just ordered a new reclining sofa and reclining swivel-rocker. It is dark brown and tan. Guess what color my dogs are? (GSDs) I bought the fabric that dog hair doesn't stick to it. Are my dogs spoiled or what?
http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif
Sue

------------------
***Save a life, ADOPT***

*BaSim*
02-04-2001, 08:28 PM
German Shepherds are the best do you got pics?????? Thye are soooo beautiful I love GSD!!!!!

Daisy's Mom
02-04-2001, 09:15 PM
Want to hear something pretty sad? The big green leather armchair I am sitting in right now is not even mine. It's Daisy's. Yes, Daisy has her own armchair. It wasn't supposed to be hers... it was new when we got her. It had been a present to my father from my best friend. This friend owns a cat who had sat in it a few times and the hair must have gotten down in the cracks of the cushion. When we got baby Daisy we put her in the chair. She immediately started sniffling and growling that puppy growl and trying to dig though the leather! It was so cute! She finally gave up after months of doing that and realized maybe there is no cat in there. But during those months, this chair turned into Daisy's chair. She's almost too big for it now and has to lay on her back with her head resting on one of the arms to fit, but she doesn't mind. The only reason I am allowed to sit in it right now is because she is already asleep in my bed. If she was down here she'd be looking up at me with those big brown Basset eyes that would be saying "Uh, Mom? What are you THINKING?" And of course, I'd get up.

ownerof3dogs
02-04-2001, 10:36 PM
In my house the humanes and animals are switched. I sit on the floor and three dogs get the cumfey couches. once and a while they let me sit on one but the minute I get up they've solen my seat and are soound asleep and you know how the saying gos... let sleeping dog lie.

Sudilar
02-04-2001, 11:46 PM
Sorry Basim,
I haven't posted any pics of my two rescued GSDs because I don't know how. Maybe someday I'll learn.

------------------
***Save a life, ADOPT***