PDA

View Full Version : A vet stumper, need pet talk's help.

Aspen and Misty
01-10-2003, 07:15 PM
When Jilly (bunny) went in for her vet apointment the vet looked at her ear and goes, o my goodness what is this! I quicly looked thinking something huge and hidiouse was there, but it was just a rash. Now he said in all the years he has been a vet he has never, ever, seen anything like this. On one ear there are two large lines that almost touch and on the other there is just two red lines from the top of the ear to the bottom. It looks like someone gave her a hickie (sp) on her ear. Does anyone know what it could be? I'll try to take pictures and figure out how to make them smaller to post them.

wolflady
01-10-2003, 08:13 PM
How very strange! :eek: Is this on the inside of the ear? Does your cat seem to be bothered by this on her ear? Like itching, scratching, head shaking???

Hmmmm....I'll see if I can find any info...

Aspen and Misty
01-10-2003, 09:31 PM
Sorry, Jilly is a Bunny, forgot to tell you that. No she doesn't shake her head and she has had it since we got her. Scratching yes, but it doesn't look like she scratched it.

Ash

Twisterdog
01-10-2003, 10:08 PM
I would say ringworm ... but surely your vet has seen ringworm before!

:eek:

Karen
01-10-2003, 10:50 PM
Is your vet experienced with rabbits? If not, please have them contact a vet who is. If you go to http://rabbit.org they have a list of good rabbit vets.

Aspen and Misty
01-11-2003, 01:07 AM
He's not an expert but does know alot, and if he doesn't know he goes straight to a book. We have no good rabbit vets around us and I have already checked Rabbit.org, all thre vets are about an hour away or so.

Ash