PDA

View Full Version : Time for bathing dogs

ellensy
01-10-2003, 08:33 AM
What is the best time for bathing dogs? is it in the morning, afternoon, or evening? Is there a prescribed time for bathing them? what time do you guys usually bath your dogs?

ooopss too many questions..... sorry :o anyway, thanks!

Corinna
01-10-2003, 08:41 AM
i usually bathe Merlin every other month . He is a house dog , so he gets it more than our Lsady dog (outside all day) I try to get him done before about 2:00 cuz then hes dry by bed time. Springer with lots of hair.

Dixieland Dancer
01-10-2003, 09:35 AM
I usually bath the dogs in the morning only because that is when I have more energy. :rolleyes: After the bath is the drying and grooming for each of mine so it can take up to 1 1/2 hours or so. I usually don't let them air dry since I like to groom them after their bath to get their coat the way I want it. They love the time I spend with them bathing and grooming them! :D

In honesty it really doesn't matter what time of day you bath them if you are not letting them air dry. If they air dry then you need to take the following into consideration:

Will you let them outside wet (especially in the winter)? Will they have time to dry before bedtime?

Happy bathing!!! ;)

ParNone
01-10-2003, 10:53 AM
I don't have a specific time for Murph and Maddie. Just whatever
time's convenient in my schedule, because I can get both of'em
bathed in under 30 mins and they both air dry pretty quickly.

Oz the shorthaired Collie turned out to be quite the shocker
though. He looks like he has less hair then them, so I figured
he'd air dry just as quick... Uh no... He took forever to air dry,
so his undercoat is apparently a lot thicker than their's. Quite
deceptive with that short outer coat. He doesn't get bathed at
night anymore, so that he can have enough time to dry.

Par...

Tina
01-10-2003, 01:53 PM
I usually give my dogs a bath in the afternoon or evening. Oscar gets a bath every week since he is still a puppy, Ginger gets one probably every 2 to 4 weeks. And Ruff he only gets a bath once or twice a year.

mruffruff
01-10-2003, 03:19 PM
My four always get their baths at night, after 'last call'. They all sleep inside so they have time to dry naturally before the first trip outside in the morning. Since they like to get on my bed, I try to do three of them every three weeks.

Samson is 65 lbs, with a seborhea problem, Scruffy is white, and Bear is really fuzzy so they need it. Bella is 70 lbs and has long, thick hair and likes to stay outside so she only gets a bath every 6-8 weeks.

A new shop opened here for taking your dog in and washing it yourself. We're going to try it out tomorrow.

Mary

ChrisH
01-10-2003, 05:00 PM
mruffruff, Mary, is this the sort of place you are going to take your dogs to?

Dog wash business tames a hairy situation (http://www.freep.com/news/locmac/paws2_20030102.htm)

Sounds like a good idea to me! Please let us know what you think of it.:)

Chris