PDA

View Full Version : Like cats and dogs? Picture thread!

Ann
01-10-2003, 04:15 AM
You all know the old saying of how cats and dogs never get along, but is that really true? My Oliver and Tina go along great, and even play together!

I thought it could be a fun thread if everyone could post their stories or pics of cats and dogs being friends :)

Here's my contribution:

http://www.peachkin.com/pics/tina-oliver.jpg

lynnestankard
01-10-2003, 04:46 AM
Don't have any pics. But can confirm this - because we're looking after Elizabeth's (daughter) dog Tricky while she's away travelling through Australia - and the three cats take her so differently - Bagel just adores her and they often sleep curled up together and do 'girl' talk! Dan pretends he's scared to death of her and then we find them playing with her toys! Ketchum's quite OK with her - as long as she doesn't bark (which she does rather a lot!) and yesterday woke her up with head-bumpies! My brave boy!

Lynne

Barbara
01-10-2003, 05:15 AM
Oh Ann, these 2 are so cute. And they even wear the same furcoat:D

I have a colleague who has a Newfoundland dog (whom I call The Black Hole) and 4 cats. They are best friends. Some of the cats sleep on him as if he was the fluffy super cat bed:)

Randi
01-10-2003, 06:56 AM
Ann, that is SO sweet! Their furcoat is amazingly similar! I'm glad to see they get along so well. :)

Ann
01-10-2003, 08:29 AM
*grins* Yeah, we've always said they match eachother perfectly :D

Cute stories Barbara and Lynne :)

Andie
01-10-2003, 10:51 AM
Bull and Fluffy:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid35/pa3af93b5070a3147bf9bf492edf255d9/fd2eaf6a.jpg

This is not usual for them but they do get along.

Ann
01-10-2003, 11:04 AM
Aaaaaawwwwwwwww, that is such a cute picture! :D

kimlovescats
01-10-2003, 11:18 AM
What a beautifully sweet picture!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-11-2003, 07:40 PM
What a beautiful picture Ann! I particularly love the way Tina is looking at Oliver - what a comical look. :D

And the pic of Bull and Fluffy is so sweet! I can see why you had to get the camera for that one. :D

Unfortunately no doggies in our house to provide pictures, but I know if we did have one, he and Tubby would probably be best of buds, and Peanut would be the one sleeping all by herself - she's so stand-offish. :(

slleipnir
01-11-2003, 09:14 PM
Thats so cute! lol. At the barn I use to ride at, there was this kitten who use to curl up on the dog and clean it!! LOL it was too cute, wish I got a pic!

krazyaboutkatz
01-12-2003, 02:07 AM
These pics are so sweet. :) I don't have any dogs but when I was growing up we had a dog named Lucky and a cat named Puff. They were best friends. When Puff had a litter of kittens, Lucky became the second mother to them. She'd wash them and play with them and Puff let her because she trusted her so much. I don't have any pics of them together but I do have pics of them separately that I have pieced together.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid46/p603ea11f110d9d3666a4cf0e8fb1c6f8/fccaac5b.jpg

sandragonfly
01-13-2003, 06:56 AM
Half of 'em r true..some not! But Mocha and 3 other kittens love each other! :D Here's pix of Mocha and Zephyra....a few minutes before Zephyra join cuddling Mocha!

trinity
01-13-2003, 07:01 AM
My mother-in-law has a Golden Retriever wanna be named Katie and one of her cats is named Echo. Katie will be lying there minding her own business and Echo comes along and tries to nurse...or kneads her tummy...or licks her eyelids....strange pair, huh?