PDA

View Full Version : Here's a question for you,

PUPPY POWER
04-12-2001, 04:32 PM
What dog do you think has the worst reputation? In my opinion a bulldog all of them ,in my opinion bulldog are so misunder- stood. When I say bulldog what come to mind? I've owned bulldogs all my life and I love them,almost as much as I love danes,I think that judgeing animals by their reputation is wong you may not agree but if i walked up to you & your pet and said I've heared about that breed and I hate them would it hurt your feelings? So remember don't judge a book by its cover , or its reputation.

------------------
CRS

aly
04-12-2001, 04:39 PM
I think pit bulls, rottweilers, and german shepherds have pretty bad reputations in the general public. Experienced dog lovers of course know the truth. We get a lot of pit bulls in the humane society. Some of the are rescued from the city shelter and they have scars and injuries from being used as fighting dogs http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif People just dump the dogs if they lose. I guess its sort of better that they lose, then they can have a chance at being rescued from the shelter. Dog fighting rings are just sickening. Many times the police are there ... betting on the dogs!!!!!!! Its so sad.

*BaSim*
04-12-2001, 08:56 PM
definatly pit bulls!!! i have never met a mean pit bull or a pit bull i ahve not liked. No dog is a bad dog... its the owner who is bad because they train it to be mean and fight dogs. It makes me sick to my stomach... sometimes i just hate people for what they do to animals. I have actually cried over a story of a pit bull getting killed because it attacked another animal because the owner taught it to. The owner didnt get in trouble but they killed the dog. Right then i wanted to kill the owner. Sometimes... even though i am human.. i hate people!

[This message has been edited by *BaSim* (edited April 12, 2001).]

ownerof3dogs
04-12-2001, 09:38 PM
Another breed that has a bad rap in the Doberman Pincher. People say they are vicous man eater who crave humane blood. But I grew up with the breed because my mom used to breed them. They are a wonderful family member and gaurdian and are so loving.

karlicat
04-12-2001, 09:42 PM
BaSim, i agree with you about the part where you said you hate some people b/c of the way they treat animals- a lot of the people i know, i like animals better than them even if they bit me and don't like me back. the animals i mean. I visit my local shelter once in a while and when i see what people do to them it makes me cry.

I Love My Aussie
04-13-2001, 12:26 PM
I think pit bulls and rottweilers have a bad rep. I have never met a mean rottie or pit bull in my life! All the ones I have met have been 'lap dogs'!

------------------
*Get a Grip Get an Aussie*

Daisy's Mom
04-20-2001, 11:09 PM
I'd say pit bulls. I live in a big field and in it are six houses, all belonging to my relatives. We all meet daily at my grandparents' house. One day my cousins and I were outside playing when a pit bull came into the yard. When they realized what type of dog it was, they all ran inside, afraid. I didn't. The dog came up to me, tail wagging, and I patted him. He was such a sweetie! Then a truck came up the driveway and a frantic man jumped out, thanking me repeatedly and saying he'd lost his dog bbut thank you so much for finding him. Then my grandfather came outside. To put it nicely, I dislike him. Sorry, but he's just not a very nice person. He said "Is that your pit bull?" The man said yes, and my grandfather said "I hate pit bulls! They attack people! They should be exterminated." The man just bit his tongue, thanked me again, and left. I felt sick over the whole thing and stalked home. Why do the mistakes of some lead to prejudices of a whole group? It's not the dog that's bad, it's the owner.

PUPPY POWER
04-25-2001, 06:16 PM
I had a pit bull once i loved her. we had to give her away. My other dogs would pick fights with her ,never once did she even growl. she wouldn't fight for the life of her. Today she lives with my moms friend. he's a disable man and stays home with her and her new friend , another p/b. I miss her but it was probaly the best thing for her. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif

------------------
CRS

Dixie Belle
04-25-2001, 10:23 PM
Believe it or not, at my house the worst is a Dalmation. If they don't know you, they will bite you and my brother in law will testify! My husband's Dalnation nearly took his hand off, and I'm not kidding.

strawberry_puff13
04-26-2001, 03:47 PM
Pit Bulls have bad reps, if people just got to know them, they'd realize what loving sweet dogs they are if trained properly.

karen israel
04-27-2001, 11:00 AM
Just goes to show, never judge a book by it's cover! Or a dog by it's breed, huh?

nsweezie
05-01-2001, 07:48 PM
I would say either pit bulls or rottweilers.
However, it has been my experience that it is the owner, not the dog that deserves the bad rep. My friend has a rotti, and you never met a better trained, sweet tempered dog. This is because she trained the dog properly, and she treats the dog with a lot of love.