PDA

View Full Version : Cat Treats

HayleyRosie
01-09-2003, 06:48 AM
Do anyone feed their cats Pounce Cat Treats and Pounce Hairball Treatment? What kind of treats do your cats get?

HayleyRosie

trinity
01-09-2003, 09:14 AM
Our guys get the hairball treats, usually one every morning. Plus I get the Pounce crunchy treats that are supposed to keep the tartar (sp) from building up. When I give them those ones I tell them they are brushing their teeth and I want to hear them crunch! It works...my husband just rolls his eyes when I do that.:rolleyes:

catmandu
01-09-2003, 09:26 AM
My cats get the Whiskas Temptations, the only treat that they seem to have amy use for.Joseph the Joker loves them so much that he will hunt for them in the middle of the night.That is definitely thier favorite!:D :cool:

HayleyRosie
01-09-2003, 10:10 AM
My friend gave me a pack of Whiskas Temptations the first night we brought Hayley home but she will not eat them. She loves Pounce treats and will actually cry for them.

hellostranger
01-09-2003, 10:24 AM
Oh definitely Pounce! Shrimp, chicken, tuna, crunchy or soft, they don't care! As long as it comes in a little round Pounce can! :D I've bought them Whiskas and even some health store brand cat treats, but they just look at me like I'm trying to pull a fast one and demand their Pounce. Which makes me worry what these Pounce treats are actually made of....what makes them so addictive to kitties? Hmmmmmmmm................................;)

All Creatures Great And Small
01-09-2003, 10:39 AM
My kitty is not much of a food guy, but we give him the occasional Pounce or Whisker Lickin's treat, along with table scraps of meat, and cheese once in a while. He likes to sit at the table and look at us with that sideways-cocked head while we're eating, but usually turns down whatever he's offered. YLL picked up a little milk carton of Bil-Jac liver dog treats once for the ratties, but they didn't care for them. The kitty went MAD for them!

My RB girl kitty was a Pounce-a-holic. Fond memory - she was an indoor/outdoor kitty, so whenever I wanted her back in the house, I just stood at the back door and shook the can of Pounce. She'd come trotting over from wherever she was hiding:D - worked every time!

Russian Blue
01-09-2003, 10:51 AM
Nakita absolutely loves Pounce. She almost ate through the can! Unfortunately, they make her sick and we had to stop giving them to her.

:(

I'm currently looking for something else to give to her as a treat.

Barbara
01-09-2003, 10:58 AM
There isn't any Pounce here but I can confirm that Tigris and Filou love whatever they can get as treats. The best company here for treats is Gimpet. They have little hearts with salmon and they have a malt and vitamine paste which just makes them crazy. The boys are licking the tube as if it was a baby bottle, Tigris in exactly the double frequency of Filou, it's too cute:D

HayleyRosie
01-09-2003, 01:46 PM
What do you mean they make her sick? What are the symptoms? My friends cat scratches a lot when she feeds her pounce.

boscibo
01-09-2003, 02:21 PM
Mine love the Whiskas Temptations, and another kind that is similar called (I think) Purr-fections. It is a filled, crunchy treat too.

Only Hanna and Bo though, Abby will not eat anything like that. She is really picky. She just turns up her nose and walks away.

Chinadoll
01-09-2003, 02:52 PM
Never tried the Pounce. Mine love Whisker Lickin's and meat scraps. They love some plain chicken, turkey, or ham. I'm going to have to give them those Temptations to try since everyone's kitties rave about it.

Fuzzy317
01-09-2003, 03:15 PM
For our cats, 3 out of 4 love Pounces. Our Jackson doesn't like any treat, and we have tried several. The only one he was remotely excited by was freeze dried shrimp. He liked it, but we had to stop using them because they made the litter box smell very bad :eek:

Russian Blue
01-09-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by HayleyRosie
What do you mean they make her sick? What are the symptoms? My friends cat scratches a lot when she feeds her pounce.

Most likely your friend's cat is having an allergic reaction to something in the treats.

Nakita would throw up the treats within an hour of having them. I usually only give her one or two and break them up so she doesn't just swallow them whole. She also did this with another brand or treats.

But she continued to get sick, so that is why I am looking for some treats that are not so full of preservatives, colouring, and basically bad product!

:rolleyes:

AmberLee
01-09-2003, 06:53 PM
A book recommended cod liver oil as a treat for cats (unless you want to breed them!), but my fur-babies act like I'm trying to poison them with this!

krazyaboutkatz
01-09-2003, 10:39 PM
Storm and Pepper love the Gerber Graduates Turkey Sticks. These are meant for toddlers but since I don't have any kids they are my toddlers. All 3 cats also love Whiskas Temptations treats. This is amazing since Sunny usually doesn't like any kind of treat. Here's a picture of my cats and their temptations treats.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid44/p6de6e4a5019522087b557c1ca6788e22/fce1270a.jpg

AmberLee
01-10-2003, 12:20 AM
KAK,

That series of shots of your fur-kids with the treats delights me. They seem so happy together. Wonderful!

wolf_Q
01-10-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
YLL picked up a little milk carton of Bil-Jac liver dog treats once for the ratties, but they didn't care for them. The kitty went MAD for them!

That's rather funny....I had some of those Bil-Jac liver treats for my dogs. I fed a couple to that stray kitten that was hanging around my house (still no clue what happened to him). He looked so hungry, and I didn't have anything but dog treats to give him (it was always late at night when I'd find him). He LOVED them, along with Pupperoni sticks. :)

wolf_Q
01-10-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
Storm and Pepper love the Gerber Graduates Turkey Sticks. These are meant for toddlers but since I don't have any kids they are my toddlers

Hey have you ever tasted these yourself? They are good! Seriously, LOL, my friend and I actually buy the baby food meat sticks to eat ourselves. It's fun to freak relatives out...but they really are good (to me). :) The dogs also LOVE the juice/gel that's left in the bottle poured on dog food.

Ok sorry for posting about dogs in the cat forum. :D

Uabassoon
01-10-2003, 01:38 AM
My cats love pounce treats especially the tuna flavor. And sometimes they get a few really small table scraps.

wayne0214
01-10-2003, 05:52 AM
I have purchsed various types of treats for cats with mixed results as to their liking them , however, I have found that all of them love BBQ'd chicken. It is another one of those foods that I also like. Whenever I heat up a chicken or a pizza, I have to "fight off" my pride so I can enjoy my own meal.:D

...........wayne

RussianBlueKitty03
01-10-2003, 06:28 AM
I feed mine the 9 lives Chicken flavored. She seems to like them pretty well

Cataholic
01-10-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
Storm and Pepper love the Gerber Graduates Turkey Sticks. These are meant for toddlers but since I don't have any kids they are my toddlers.

I feed my cats baby food, too!!! But, I neve thought about the Gerber Graduate Sticks! Tomorrow, I am off to the grocery. Thanks for such a neat idea!!!!