PDA

View Full Version : 3-Legged/1-Eyed Cats?

sandragonfly
01-09-2003, 05:30 AM
Does anyone know a company...or a building that holds a lot of disabled cats? Because to reach one of my dream - I am looking for some to own...is to own some 3 legged cats..or one-eyed ones too. I can't stand see them being rejected. Thanks!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-09-2003, 10:18 AM
I don't know of any that "specialize" in disabled cats, but I do know there are "special needs" cats at a lot of shelters throughout the country. One in particular is the one that SAS volunteers at in Vermont. Click Here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18308) to go to the thread where she posted about 30 cats that were found. Many of them had only one eye, although it sounds like most of them have found good homes already.

And I don't remember what shelter I was looking at on the web, but they had a kitty with only 3 legs, so you just have to do some searching. Petfinder.com (http://www.petfinder.com) is another good place to search for what you are looking for.

......45 minutes later after I get done checking out the poor kitties at on Petfinder....I want them all!!!!

Hope this helps you to find the kitty of your dreams.

Russian Blue
01-09-2003, 11:42 AM
Right now there is a cat named Sweet Pea who lost his vision in Morgan Hills California. Here's the link:

Sweet Pea (http://www.towncats.org/special.htm)

Just go to google and type in your location and special needs cats and you'll get a list.

Good Luck in your search!

;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-09-2003, 12:48 PM
Awwww...Sweet Pea is such a cutie (he's all black...what can I say;)) and it sounds like he hasn't let his blindness stop him at all.

I sure hope he finds a good home soon, and it would be even neater if Gina could give him a home and we could hear all about him all the time. ;) :D

sandragonfly
01-10-2003, 04:45 AM
Thanks a bunch to all! And I'll let you know what's up with Sweet Pea, my heart is going for him too even it's a little far away from my home! Can't wait...

Jasonscatmom
01-11-2003, 04:54 AM
I have a one year old blind cat that I am trying to find a good home for and four kittens with only one good eye each. they were rescued this year by me through a rescue group called Town Cats in Morgan Hill California. If you are interested in any of these cats please contact me. These are special needs kittens and are hard to place.

Jasonscatmom
01-11-2003, 05:01 AM
I am sorry I should have told you that the one year old blind cat I have is Sweet Pea. He is a wonderful cat and loves to chase his tail and for some reason he loves to be up high in window sills or chairs and I will find him on my kitchen table but I have no idea how he gets there. We also have a cat with a missing paw that no one seems to want even though she is very sweet. I guess it would be nice if we were all perfect but the world isn't like that.

sandragonfly
01-11-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Jasonscatmom
I am sorry I should have told you that the one year old blind cat I have is Sweet Pea. He is a wonderful cat and loves to chase his tail and for some reason he loves to be up high in window sills or chairs and I will find him on my kitchen table but I have no idea how he gets there. We also have a cat with a missing paw that no one seems to want even though she is very sweet. I guess it would be nice if we were all perfect but the world isn't like that.

Oh...how did you find me here?? I was going to contact you. Yes, I'm still interested. Trying find time here and will contact you asaIc. But can you still tell me what's your hours, and out of my curiousity, is any of them black?

Jasonscatmom
01-11-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.

Oh...how did you find me here?? I was going to contact you. Yes, I'm still interested. Trying find time here and will contact you asaIc. But can you still tell me what's your hours, and out of my curiousity, is any of them black?

Hi, Sweet Pea is all Black and the kittens are Blk/wht, Grey and two silver tabby's. I don't know what you mean by my hours? Maybe you can tell me about yourself and any pets you have now, and how much experience you have had with special needs kitty's.
Most special needs cats and kittens don't need sympathy they need people with common sense and lot's of time and patience to work with them. I have had people wanting to adopt Sweet Pea but when they find out what is involved with adopting a blind cat they realize very quickly they are over their heads. You have to be aware all the time. One time I decide to clean and didn't realize I had moved some chairs and didn't put them back, you can't move your funiture or change anything and you can't move because it takes a long time for a blind cat to adapt to a new home and noises and smells and you have to be ready when he panics over a new noise that you didn't take time to let him know about it and he runs into a glass door and gets confused and hurts himself. Like a handycapped child your life has to surrond their needs. Just a few things to think about.

MissyB
01-12-2003, 04:27 PM
Oh...how did you find me here?? I was going to contact you

I'm the webmistress at Town Cats and I found a link to this thread in our stats program.

When I saw you were interested in finding a special needs cat I passed the information on to the Shelter Staff, who then contacted this lady because she has Special needs cats that you may be interested in, including Sweet Pea.

But can you still tell me what's your hours

Shelter visits are by appointment only (details are on the adoption page about pet fairs and appointments), but Sweetpea is not a shelter cat, so you will have to make arrangements with the lady in question to visit.

They also have some special needs cats at the shelter. If anyone is interested in adopting Special needs cats & kittens, check out the special needs section or ring the Town Cats line and someone will get back to you ASAP.
Not all of the cats are listed yet so if you don't see the right cat for you, please let the girls at TC know what you are looking for. They have some gorgeous kits waiting to be listed :)

http://www.towncats.org