PDA

View Full Version : New Comer

pegwad16
01-08-2003, 08:32 PM
I just registered for petoftheday.com even though i have been coming here for awhile to get info for school. When i post forums of look at other peoples under my name it says new comer but under other peoples' name it says other things and i just was wondering how i make mine change. Help me please!!!

Karen
01-08-2003, 08:40 PM
Well, I think you should leave it saying newcomer for a little while, so people will know you're new!

Welcome to Pet Talk, by the way!

Once you have been here a few days, and folks get to know you, you can change it by going under user CP and then to Edit Options!

anna_66
01-08-2003, 08:48 PM
Welcome to PT!

Felicia's Mom
01-08-2003, 09:03 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, I'm sure you will enjoy yourself.

Aspen and Misty
01-08-2003, 09:04 PM
Welcome to pet talk! You'll love it here! What does your sig mean?

Ash

AmberLee
01-08-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
Welcome to pet talk! You'll love it here! What does your sig mean?

Ash, we think alike! That's just what I wanted to ask.

Tell us about your pet(s)!

Oh, and I think I remember that you can't change the comment until you've made 100 posts. Does this sound right, peoples?

popcornbird
01-08-2003, 10:33 PM
I think it means he/she loves animals but doesn't/can't have any pets? :confused:

BTW, Welcome!

krazyaboutkatz
01-09-2003, 12:38 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk. You'll love it here. :)

sandragonfly
01-09-2003, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by pegwad16
an animal lover that can't have animals!!!

How come?? And Welcome to PT! I bet your eyes'll stuck on this website! Totally awesome!

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-09-2003, 06:11 AM
My guess would be what Popcornbird suggested.

Welcome to Pet Talk pegwad16! Hope you like it here!

lynnestankard
01-09-2003, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
I think it means he/she loves animals but doesn't/can't have any pets? :confused:

BTW, Welcome!

Can't see that popcornbird - she(he?) has two hamsters, a dog and a short tailed opposum!:confused:

Anyway http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/lmkbubblfsh.gif to pegwad 16 and I do hope you enjoy being here and joining in. Don't worry about being a newcomer - we were all that once upon a time - just you wait til you clock up 1,000 posts and your a Pillar - or as we call it - a Blabberer!! :D

Lynne

Tina
01-09-2003, 08:53 AM
*Hello and Welcome!!* Hope that you will enjoy your stay here!

ChrisH
01-09-2003, 12:41 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! :)

NoahsMommy
01-09-2003, 01:11 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!! I cant wait to read all about your pets! :)

iceyshiver21
01-09-2003, 01:32 PM
WELCOME!!

Randi
01-09-2003, 03:35 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk. I think when you've posted 10 posts, it will change to "Resident" and when you've reached 100, to "Citizen! :)

Let's hear about your pets!

jenluckenbach
01-09-2003, 04:38 PM
Welcome to pettalk.

the term newcomer will also change automatically as you add posts. you may just want to let it keep "score" so to speak.

AmberLee
01-09-2003, 04:45 PM
I was wondering about her screen name, actually. Why she chose Pegwad16.

pegwad16
01-10-2003, 03:01 PM
Well thanks everybody for welcoming me to Pet Talk. I really do like it even though i heven't been coming here for more than two weeks. I love animals more than anything in this world. I love all animals. Yes my signature means that i love animals but i can't have many pets. Right now i have a mixed breed dog named Clifford. We are nto sure what all he's mixed with because he has so many different dogs in him. He's is 8 years old. I have a pic of him that i will try to put up here pretty soon. I also have two hamsters. My female is an Albino Hamster named Buffy after my favorite tv show Buffy the Vampire layer because my hamster has red eyes that make her look devilish and my male is a Golden Syrian Hamster named Buster. They are my babies and they have already had one liter of babies and are frequently working on a second one. I have some pics of my hammies but they aren't very good but i will try to get better ones so i can post them pretty soon. I have so many future plans with animals its not even funny. Right now I am in a vocational school in the Animal Managment program and i am head of my class. I love to learn new things mostly about animals. And i have already learned so much. I want to be a Wildlife Conservationalist in 5-10 years. Mostly to help the wolf species. I am a wolf fanantic, kinda obsessed.:) :o I ahve recently been chosen out of 30 kids to go to the FFA State Skills contest in March to compete for the Animal Managment part. I have been studying my butt off for it an am determined to get 1st place. I am so excited and i hope i do awesome. My dream animals are two Siberian Husky's black and white male and a red and white female. I was shocked at school today when i got to groom and bathe a black and white Siberian Husky. I also want a Blue and Gold Macaw, an Albino Boa Constrictor, a green Iguana, a convict fish, a ferret, and a couple Alpaca's. Well i know that I may not get every animal i want but as long as i get my Husky's i will be more than happy. Well thank you for listening to me and now youknow more bout me and why i'm here. Hope to get some replies. Thank You!!

pegwad16
01-10-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee
I was wondering about her screen name, actually. Why she chose Pegwad16.

Peg Wad is a nickname that my crush gave me and it kinda grew on me and now everybody calls me that. My real name is Peggan. Yeah i know its weird but i love it cause it makes my feel more different than i already am.

pegwad16
01-10-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
Welcome to PT!

I absolutely love your dog. It looks exactly like one of the dogs i want. It would be awesome if you could give me soem new pics of your Husky.:D

pegwad16
01-10-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird

BTW, Welcome!

At my school along with all the other animals we have 7 cockateils along with a new baby cockatiel. They are so awesome.