PDA

View Full Version : Rudi to RB

neko1
01-08-2003, 06:20 PM
Today a wonderful, handsome orange kitty named Rudi went to the RB at work. Unfortunately his feline leukemia got the better of him. He was only 5. He was only in the hospital with us for 2 days. I spent the majority of yesterday with him, with my head in his cage next to his, trying to comfort him cause I knew he was suffering. Every now and then when I would talk to him, he would give a little sad meow. I was there when we put him to sleep today, and I pet his head and he purred as he drifted away.
In this line of work, you tend to be able to handle these things, but for some reason, this kitty's pain and suffering just really got to me. I couldn't even get to sleep last night cause I was thinking about him so much. I know that he's in a better place now.
Your mommy and daddy love you Rudi, and all of us at the hospital love you too...

NoahsMommy
01-08-2003, 06:39 PM
Poor baby Rudy... :(

But...lucky baby Rudy to have you there to love him as he was sent on his way to RB.

Bless you for being so kind.

rosethecopycat
01-08-2003, 07:01 PM
You are a very courageous and compassionate person, Neko1.
I could not do what you do. I am glad there are people in this world who can help. I'm happy you were there for Rudi. It sounded like he needed you.

Run and be happy Rudi.
Godspeed.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-08-2003, 07:11 PM
Rudi, I bet my Leroy who went to the RB two days before Thanksgiving was there to meet you and show you around. Leroy probably took to you right away because his favorite buddy, Luke, is an orange boy too. I'm so glad you had kind loving people to send you off and relieve your pain. (psst...don't believe everything, Leroy tells you about me, please). Rest well sweetheart.

Cougie Wechsler
01-08-2003, 07:22 PM
It was probably such a comfort for him to know that you were there and that he was loved and cared for by so many people. Thanks for being there for him.

Cinder & Smoke
01-08-2003, 07:28 PM
Thanks for being there with Rudi, Neko's Mom.

Safe trip to the Bridge, Rudi.
Rest In Peace.

:(

AmberLee
01-08-2003, 07:49 PM
I, too, am glad that you were there for Rudi. I'm sure it made the passing easier for him.

Scamper well at the Rainbow Bridge, sweet Rudi! May there be lots of catnip to roll in and fur-buddies to play with!

Nomilynn
01-08-2003, 08:43 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. :(

krazyaboutkatz
01-08-2003, 10:43 PM
Neko1, I'm glad that you were able to make him more comfortable, to talk to him, and just be there with him in his time of need. Please don't worry about him. He's in a better place now and is pain free and at peace.

kimlovescats
01-09-2003, 12:04 AM
Thank you so much for showing Rudi human love and compassion in his final moments on earth!

wayne0214
01-09-2003, 05:33 AM
neko 1, I can certainly sympathize with you and your emotions at this time, considering my losses due to FeLV this year. My prayers go out to you and yours, as well as to Rudi. Have you considered getting another furkid at work? I have found that immediately replacing an RB furkid with another lovable one, really takes the "rough edges" from the situation.

........wayne

Ann
01-09-2003, 07:25 AM
This makes me so sad... Thank you for being there for him though.

RIP Rudi

HayleyRosie
01-09-2003, 07:30 AM
You a a great person. I would never be able to be in that line of work. I am sure Rudi is very happy and healthy now.

hellostranger
01-09-2003, 01:52 PM
As so many others have said: thank you for being there with him and letting him know he was cared for. I'm glad there are caring people like you out there in the world.

Miss Meow
01-09-2003, 03:13 PM
Rest in peace, Rudi.

smokey the elder
01-10-2003, 07:42 AM
I'm sorry for you that you lost Rudy, but glad that you were there for him when he passed to the Bridge.

catlady1945
01-10-2003, 08:36 AM
Thank you for being with that poor soul. Bless you.

Cataholic
01-10-2003, 09:29 AM
Neko1,
I know at RB Rudi is looking down on you with love. You showed compassion, which at times, can be even greater than love. Thank you for being who you are, and for showing Rudi comfort in his final days. You are to be blessed. I know Rudi is up there with Arizona and her kittens, running around like a bunch of crazys, healthy and happy.
Johanna

Randi
01-10-2003, 11:29 AM
It must have SO hard saying goodbye to Rudi, but I'm glad you were there to comfort him. :) I was in the same situation with Fister's mum a few years ago, and didn't think I could handle it - but I could!

Rudi is free of pain now. Thanks for being so compassionate!

Rest in peace, sweet Rudi! :)

lynnestankard
01-10-2003, 12:16 PM
{{{{Hugs}}}} To you Neko. Thank you so much for being with Rudi when he made that last journey. xxx

Lynne

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-11-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
{{{{Hugs}}}} To you Neko. Thank you so much for being with Rudi when he made that last journey. xxx

Lynne

Yes, thanks for being their for him. He knew he was loved and is definitley smiling down on you now.

RIP little Rudi. :(