PDA

View Full Version : I always knew I liked Michael Jordan

Logan
11-03-2001, 03:45 PM
And not just for his wonderful basketball skill!

My Purina calandars came today.......There is Michael Jordan, in both the cat and dog calandar, but the picture that stole my heart was the one of Michael with his English Bulldog, Lily......

One day...it might not be "Lily", but there will be an English Bulldog in this house! :D

By the way, both calandars are wonderful!!!!

[ November 03, 2001: Message edited by: Logan ]

kobieeli
11-03-2001, 03:51 PM
MJ IS A GOD! I lived in Chicago while I was in grad school and watched him lead the Bulls to their championships....and then I too saw the Purina calendar for next year. <sigh> What a man! What a bulldog, too! ;)

tatsxxx11
11-03-2001, 04:14 PM
LOVE MJ!!!! Watched his biography movie on TV last night. I admired him even more after having seen it. What a special human being in every respect! Now that we know he's animal lover...he's just about perfect :) AND, he's not bad looking either! ;)

jackiesdaisy1935
11-03-2001, 04:54 PM
Well I always knew Michael Jordan is a terrific basketball player, but I didn't know he was such an animal lover, good for him.
One of our passions is basketball and we love the Lakers, I wonder if Shaquille O'Neil has any animals?
Jackie

Logan
11-03-2001, 05:32 PM
I was wondering the same thing, Jackie!! We love Michael and his animal loving ways, but we are Lakers fans at heart, because Helen LOVES Shaq (shoot, her email is shaquillefan) and she also loves Kobe Bryant, as well. We have a hermit crab named Kobe! :D

We were fortunate enough to see the Lakers when they played the Charlotte Hornets this past February. Lakers won, and we had a wonderful time!! Hope to be able to catch them again this year either in Atlanta or Charlotte.

SimbaTWonderDog
11-03-2001, 05:33 PM
There was a bull dog in "Space Jam" which MJ starred in.. i dont know if it was Lily but it was a bull dog!

Sudilar
11-03-2001, 06:57 PM
I am also a Michael Jordan fan. I was aware of his love for animals. :) :)

TheAntiPam
11-03-2001, 07:37 PM
MJ and a few other sports stars understand that people listen when they have a message. How great that one of MJ's messages is to treat pets with respect. :cool:

Imagine how much more public awareness would be if someone of MJ's fame would add anti-animal abuse and pro-spay and neuter messages to the causes he supports... ahh, it will happen eventually!

jackiesdaisy1935
11-03-2001, 08:48 PM
Logan, we are really true Laker fans, we don't go to Los Angeles, but they play a pre-season game here in San Diego and we go to that. We watch as many games as we can and tell Helen I love Shaq and I think Kobe will be the next Michael Jordan. They did pick up two or three new players this year.
Spencer I think "Air Jordan" is a very handsome cat, love his coloring.
Jackie

kobieeli
11-03-2001, 09:15 PM
Jackie, we're Laker fans here too! We kind of named Kobie after Kobe Bryant (our Kobie can jump like you wouldn't believe)...

As for Shaq and dogs, last year there were some "Reading is FUNdamental" commercials he did with a little Westie-looking dog named Brick. Don't know if Brick is his dog, but I always laugh out loud at the name if he is!

Pam
11-03-2001, 10:21 PM
Jackie and Logan, last season while you two were rooting and cheering for the Lakers and Shaq and Kobie I was rooting for our wonderful Philadelphia 76ers! How's that for a little Pet Talk rivalry! :D :D

Logan
11-03-2001, 10:34 PM
Competition is healthy, Pam, as long as you remember who won it all! :D

Actually, I could care less, but my girl still has the newspaper articles on her bulletin board! :)