PDA

View Full Version : What type of ID does your dog have?

RubyMutt
01-08-2003, 01:22 PM
Just curious to see what other people use...

Ruby has an Avid microchip and also ID tags on her collar

Logan
01-08-2003, 01:25 PM
Both of mine have microchips and id tags.

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-08-2003, 01:29 PM
Drake too is microchipped and wears ID tags.

Sudilar
01-08-2003, 01:35 PM
All three of the dogs in my house at the moment have microchips and ID tags. :D

jennifert
01-08-2003, 02:02 PM
Duncan has id tags and a microchip. He doesn't have an id tag with his name on it though. Just his license, rabies and microchip ID tag.

ParNone
01-08-2003, 02:08 PM
Murph and Maddie have ID and Rabies tags. Don't
remember microchipping way back, when I got them 12 yrs
ago or if it existed, it wasn't widespread yet.

Oz has ID and Rabies tags too and is getting microchipped
in a couple of weeks, when he gets neutered.

Par...

Dixieland Dancer
01-08-2003, 02:20 PM
Dixie is microchipped and tatooed along with her a collar that has her name and phone number embroidered on it and her tags riveted to it. You are not suppose to have dangling tags on dogs who hunt.

Dusty is microchipped but not tatooed. He has his name tag and his other tags riveted onto his collar but he doesn't have his name embroidered. Second children don't get quite as spoiled as the first ones! LOL :rolleyes:

Kfamr
01-08-2003, 02:48 PM
Simba had Microchip, tags, and a tattoo.:) One tag has his name / number the one is the yearly tag and another one, i dunno which it is for... His collar also says his name.

Tina
01-08-2003, 02:57 PM
All of my dogs just have ID tags,and rabies tags on them.

ParNone
01-08-2003, 03:46 PM
Speaking of dangling tags. I don't leave the dogs in the house
or especially a crate with their collars on, if I'm not home.
Murph once got his tags caught in a wire rabbit cage and it
was lucky I was home. He totally panicked. If I hadn't been
there to calm him down and unhook him, I think he would have
strangled himself.

Par...

primabella
01-08-2003, 03:54 PM
mickey is tatooed :) he doesn't have an ID tags yet...

ramanth
01-08-2003, 03:59 PM
Kia has ID, License, and Rabies tags on her collar. I've been meaning to get her microchipped.

Pam
01-08-2003, 04:13 PM
Bella has her township license, her rabies tag and her personal ID tag with name, address & phone number, etc.. I feel she is pretty well protected and that is the only thing that makes me put up with the klinking and clanging that can go on in the middle of the night if she decides she wants to shake. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Cincy'sMom
01-08-2003, 04:28 PM
My girls have ID tags. I am plannig on asking about microchipping when they go in for thir vaccinations for this year (cincy's appt is the 17th of this month)

Aspen and Misty
01-08-2003, 06:07 PM
Chewy at the moment wears nothing. He is never outside un attended, he always wears a leash while outside, he doesn't bolt out doors. But the main reson is one day I walked in and his tags were stuck to the carpet, dont' know how long he was like that but he doens't wear them any more. We are going to be getting him a collar that says Chewy and then our Phone number, in fact I think we are ordering it Tomrrow.

Ash

Cisco's Mom
01-08-2003, 06:13 PM
Cisco wears a harness that has his ID tag and license whenever we go out of the house. :)

anna_66
01-08-2003, 07:27 PM
At the moment the girls both have ID tags, rabies & license on their collars. Angus, he doesn't wear a collar but he has his tags, guess I'm not worried about my fat bottom boy trying to run away:o

And Pam, I know what you mean by the klinking & clanging, I wake up every morning to that same noise:D

wolf_Q
01-09-2003, 11:09 AM
Nebo's collar has a rabies tag, tag with his name, my name, address, and phone number, and also a tag that came with the microchip. So obviously he has a microchip too. :D

Reggie has a rabies tag, and a tag with his name and our phone number. I need to get a new on though, as we changed our phone number. Smokey just has a tag w/ his name and our phone number....needs a new one like Reggie does.

sammi
01-09-2003, 12:12 PM
Both of my dogs have ID tags/rabies tag and License. No micro chipping around this area,

The other day I noticed Buddy's ID tag (he wears 2) was gone. I checked the ring part and was fine. Next day I noticed Abby's ID tag on the bedroom floor and the ring part was bent. I wonder if they got hooked up on each other outside?:( :( I think I will take the tags off. Where dio you get the collars that you can put the dogs info. on? We have a chain link fence and that could be terrible.

Sevens
01-09-2003, 12:32 PM
I was at Barnes & Noble this weekend and found a dog magazine called Bark.

They had an ad in there for an electronic dog tag. It was small and plastic and it could hold 40 lines of text about your dog. You could put in your name, dogs name, addy, medical conditions, medications, vet's name and number, etc, etc.

Perhaps when the fiance and I adopt dogs soon, we will get them this kind of tag.:)

RubyMutt
01-09-2003, 12:40 PM
Sammi -

I think I saw those collars you were talking about in the Drs. Foster & Smith catalog. Their website is http://www.drsfostersmith.com/

ownerof3dogs
01-09-2003, 10:42 PM
My dogs just have the metal ID tags. But I really am looking into getting the microchip for them. Does anyone know about how much it costs per dog? I know my vet doesn't do the microchip thing. We don't even have a scanner:(

*LabLoverKEB*
01-09-2003, 10:52 PM
Sadie wears an I.D. tag!!!:) ;)

RubyMutt
01-10-2003, 12:55 PM
ownerof3dogs-

We use an Avid microschip, I believe they are $15.00 per pet. Although, we didn't have the microship put in her. She got it at the shelter she lived at before we adopted her. So, I'm not 100% sure on the price. I'm looking at some info I have on them and it says $15 for single pet or $40 for multiple pets... Hmm, well, here's their email: [email protected] and their phone #: 800.336.AVID, fax: 909.737.8967, and URL http://www.avidid.com/ ... hope that helps at least a little

Dakota's Mommy
01-14-2003, 01:44 PM
Both our girls are microchipped and they wear their tags that say they've been rabies vac. and registered on Ft. Hood. I've been meaning to get ID Tags for them, but we just haven't gotten it done yet. We definately need to get on that!