PDA

View Full Version : Some people ... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

aly
01-07-2003, 11:29 PM
I was just watching an interview with some unknown actor and he was talking about his dogs. He was saying he used to have a rescue dog but all dogs from pounds are "nutty" so he gave her away and bought his other dogs. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

That is a completely uninformed, ignorant, stupid, and pathetic thing to say on tv :mad: :mad:

And we wonder where these stupid stereotypes come from.

LoudLou
01-07-2003, 11:33 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: .... Think we should all bombard his publicist with E-Mail and educate them!

moosmom
01-08-2003, 10:11 AM
Right on Loudlou!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-08-2003, 10:21 AM
Such ignorance. Not credibale source. Perhaps since he isn't famous, people won't pay attention to what he said.

jennifert
01-08-2003, 10:24 AM
I agree!! Who was this idiot?

I was at the vet's office yesterday and this lady had a black lab that she had adopted from Canine Working Companions. Apparently "Zena" didn't want to work for a living! (Can you blame her? :D ;) ) Anyway, this lady had brought Zena in for her dry flaky skin. The vet was in the waiting room, where I was, imagine this, waiting... and was talking to the woman and told her to give the dog an oatmeal shampoo bath. The woman FLIPPED OUT!!!!! She started complaining that her bathroom would be trashed if she gave the dog a bath in it!! Oh my goodness, the HORROR!!!:eek: ) The vet said, "well, we can give her a bath here then." The woman says, "well. you'll charge me an arm and a leg!" The poor vet didn't know what to say! I almost volunteered to take Zena home with me to give her a bath! THEN, the crazy woman looks at me for sympathy and says something about how she will never get used to this "dog stuff"!!!!!

I think Canine Companions should have screened her a little closer!!! What a loony!!!!!!
I swear people need to be licensed and psychologically and physically tested before they should be responsible for any living creature!!!

Karen
01-08-2003, 10:49 AM
Do tell us who the actor was, so we can "yell" at him through email, point him to many of the rescue stories / shelter adoptees that have been DOg of the Day and rehabilitate his attitude!

aly
01-08-2003, 10:53 AM
I was so mad, I didn't catch who the actor was. I think he's on a soap opera. He's not on any of the ABC soaps cause I watch all those. I'll try to catch a rerun of the show or poke around the internet to find out who he is.

COCatMama
01-08-2003, 08:55 PM
What an idiotic, and irresponsible thing for him to say!! Now probably some dumb types out there will be like 'duhhh i guess all shelter dogs are bad!! I won't adopt one ever now!" geeeeeez