PDA

View Full Version : Freckles' new home!

dragonchilde
01-07-2003, 11:15 PM
As one or two of you know, we were having to consider giving up Freckles. He was being kept in a tiny yard behind our apartment (resident managers), couldn't come inside at ALL during the day, and had no view of the outside world. I was seriously considering finding a home better than I could provide for him.

Well, I did. The good thing? I don't have to give up Freckles!

We are moving back into my Mother's house. AFter the end of the month, she's moving in with my grandmother, and my husband and I are taking over the house.

We've already moved Freckles from his tiny, 20 X 15 yard, to my mother's acre-and-a-half chain-link fenced in property. He's having an absolute ball. He runs around the house in circle, just enjoying the freedom. He barks at the neighbors (much to my chagrin) but we'll start working on the barking. He's happy as a lark.

On top of that, a local rescue organization has offered to neuter him, and give him his shots, for free, since I'm having financial difficulties, so that I can keep him.

So I get to keep my dog, AND he's found a new home. ;)

RubyMutt
01-07-2003, 11:38 PM
That is fantastic! I'm so happy for you! :D You must be relieved that you get to keep your sweet doggie :) What kind of dog is Freckles?

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-08-2003, 05:53 AM
Heather, That is great news!! I am so glad that you got to keep Freckles and that he is going to get neutered and UTD on his shots!

ramanth
01-08-2003, 12:02 PM
That's wonderful news Heather!

I still know where you live... ;) :D

Cataholic
01-08-2003, 12:08 PM
That IS some good news, isn't it? Congratualtions.

mugsy
01-08-2003, 12:18 PM
That's so awesome!! Good for you and Freckles.

Dixieland Dancer
01-08-2003, 01:08 PM
Absolutely wonderful news! Glad it worked out!!! :D

ChrisH
01-08-2003, 05:19 PM
That is wonderful news! :) :) I am so pleased for you and Freckles. :) :)

dragonchilde
01-08-2003, 08:13 PM
Freckles is a basset hound/cocker spaniel mix. He's the sweetest little thing, and tough as nails. Very solid, and heavy. He's a small dog, but he's incredibly heavy. I need to weigh him.

Here's a pic for you. :) He's got a really sweet face, but it looks like someone took a cocker's head and slapped it on a basset's body, and muddled the color. You can't really see it in the picture, but he's got little freckles across his nose and on his belly.

lovemyshiba
01-08-2003, 09:33 PM
Oh , he's so cute!!!
What great news for you and for Freckles!! I'm happy things worked out for the best for you, and you and Freckles get to stay together!!

ChrisH
01-09-2003, 06:27 AM
oh, Heather, he is gorgeous! :) Please give him a big kiss from me on that sweet face. :)

RubyMutt
01-09-2003, 12:45 PM
aww... how adorable! :)

lizbud
01-09-2003, 02:39 PM
AWWWWW Freckles is a real cutie-pie :) I'm so happy to
hear that things have worked out well for you & Freckles. Hope
he enjoys his "very own" yard.:D :D :D

primabella
01-09-2003, 02:46 PM
awww, what a cutie! :) i'm glad everything worked out for the both of you.

Dakota's Mommy
01-14-2003, 02:14 PM
Congrats! That's great news!