PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow...

COCatMama
01-07-2003, 07:16 PM
I have been subpeoned to testify in court tomorrow, *actually, I had to chase the idiots down and get them to fax me a copy at work* sheeeeesh!!. I am NOT looking forward to having to see The Jerk tomorrow *AKA the ex bf* bleah. We witnessed some ####%% hit a car and keep driving last Jan. He was drunk too.
I now wish I'd hadn't told steve to follow him and call the cops on his cell! You know what they say, no good deed goes unpunished! hah! They AREN'T even charging him for hit and run! or the fact his 12 year old son was in his van with him. At best, he'll get a slap on the wrist. Oh well, I'm salary, i still get paid for the day so no skin off my nose :).

AmberLee
01-07-2003, 07:22 PM
Oh my! What are they charging him with?

What a mess.

Keep your chin up, you'll do fine. Good luck.

sammi
01-07-2003, 10:03 PM
Geez! I just got a notice for jury duty! That will have to be a no jean day!!!!:D

Nomilynn
01-07-2003, 11:06 PM
This must be a day for the law. I got pulled over today for speeding. I was doing at LEAST 23km over the speed limit, and I fully admit that it was stupid and totally wrong. I am lucky though; I only got a warning.

Cataholic
01-08-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by sammi
Geez! I just got a notice for jury duty! That will have to be a no jean day!!!!:D

Really? I see jeans allllllllll the time....I would wear whatever makes you comfortable! But, no shorts...

COCatMama
01-08-2003, 07:15 PM
Good news, the scum *is* being charged with hit and run! Also the police officer that was involved let slip to me that it's a REALLLLL good thing the loser got caught! I took that to mean this is NOT his first drunk driving offense *snarl* I don't even know if the guy is a Canadian citizen or not, if he ISN'T they should send him back to his homeland after he's convicted! Testifying was pretty unpleasant, I was nervous and my heart was pounding, but I tried to stay calm. We waited for hours and hours even to testify! :rolleyes:
and no lunch allowance this time! doh!

AmberLee
01-08-2003, 07:34 PM
Is your part over? It must have been a distressing day for you. I'm proud of you.

Is the jerk off the streets now? (I hope, I hope, I hope!)

COCatMama
01-08-2003, 07:40 PM
not yet *SIGH* they still have witnesses to depose or whatever ya call it. I gave the Prosecutor my # and asked her to give me a call with the verdict, when it comes down :D My testimony varied somewhat from Steve, some details were a bit fuzzy for me, like where we were on the street etc.

mugsy
01-10-2003, 02:15 PM
I hope it all works out for you. That would have to be nerve wracking. Keep us up to date.