PDA

View Full Version : Ebby likes her new(ish)...ummm...igloo?

ChrisH
01-07-2003, 05:18 PM
I bought Ebby this activity/scratcher thing 10 days ago and she was a bit wary of it but now, as you will see, she really likes it. Well, the `igloo` part anyway! :)

Cats corner
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid45/p22a5ba5c3c8bfedfb18e604f5000fc0b/fcd3ac74.jpg
(actually it looks a bit different now because while she was playing on the platform she tipped it over, so I had to rearrange stuff to make it safer, it is still in basically the same place though)

Cosy Bosscat
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid45/p3ae754b80b017325e32e7e6a6da6d43a/fcd3ac72.jpg

Go away!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid45/pe8cf5cba22619656fc05e0f18e693727/fcd56a6a.jpg

I tell you I could do with a nice cosy place like that to go into right now. The heating broke down this morning and despite the repairman coming out twice and `fixing` it, it is still not working. On the third callout I was told a new part was needed and it`ll be fixed tomorrow, maybe. Strange how these things always happen at the coldest times. Oh, well, could be worse. I do have a gas fire in the living room and I have looked out a electric heater for up here. At least Bob and Ebby have their fur coats! Can you all do me a favour please? Keep your fingers crossed that it get fixed tommorow? Ta, ever so!:)

Chris

krazyaboutkatz
01-07-2003, 05:28 PM
Ebby sure looks cozy in her new little house. :) I sure hope you're able to get your heat fixed tomorrow. Good luck. :)

Vermontcat
01-07-2003, 07:50 PM
Ebby sure looks cute curled up in her new hidey-hole.:)

I hope your heater gets fixed tomorrow, maybe you should use some Bob or Ebby heat to keep you warm tonight.;)

hellostranger
01-07-2003, 09:01 PM
What a nice igloo Ebby has! I wish they made those big enough for people, some days I could really use a cozy "nest" to curl up in. Of course my boss probably wouldn't like it if I set it up at work. :)

I hope you get your heat fixed soon!! Ours was out for a week at the end of last winter and I remember what it was like. :( If your kitties like sleeping under the covers with you they make great furry hot water bottles. :D

NoahsMommy
01-07-2003, 09:20 PM
What a fun new place for Ebby to go! Looks like fun to me! :)

I too, hope your heat gets back on soon...

jenluckenbach
01-08-2003, 05:29 AM
great little house you got, Ebby!

As for the heating, all fingers and toes crossed here. (and let me tell you, it was sure hard to get the mice's toes crossed....hee hee)

Uabassoon
01-08-2003, 05:35 AM
Ebby looks so comfy in her little hideaway. Good luck with the heat.

Edwina's Secretary
01-08-2003, 08:51 AM
Our furnace went out last year on Christmas Eve -- with a house full of guests! Try getting a technician to come out then...

Perhaps this will give Bob (:D ) and Ebby an incentive to snuggle???

Cataholic
01-08-2003, 11:56 AM
Hi Ebby! You look so comfortable in your hidey hole (I LOVE THAT PHRASE!!!). I wonder, why do you have a sleeping bag (full sized) and pillow next to your corner? Are you sleeping on it? Is Mommy sleeping on it? Surely, Bob isn't sleeping on it...is he?:confused:

ChrisH
01-08-2003, 03:30 PM
Thanks to you all for the wishes and finger & toe crossing, it worked! :) On the second visit, at 4.45pm the heating was fixed! :D (I am still a little paronoid about it though, I keep checking those radiators! lol)
Bob and Ebby were ok, I don`t think they even noticed it was off... I should explain something here. There isn`t any heating in the two bedrooms anyway. Normally, my bedroom is quite cosy because it is not very big and the hot water tank cupboard backs into it, plus there is a radiator in the bathroom which is right next door. The other bedroom (Ebbys room) does get chilly in the wintertime though, (and real hot in the summer morning sun) thats the main reason I changed bedrooms to this smaller one. Obviously, without the heating everywhere became really cold except for the living room and in here with the electric heater on. However neither Bob nor Ebby, yesterday or today, wanted to be in the rooms that I was keeping warm. Oh, no, but guess who is sleeping on my bed right now? You got it, Bosscat Ebby! :D

Cataholic, looking at the picture now I can see how you might think there is a sleeping bag. But no, it is just one of the quilts and covers left over from when I used to take daily care of my grandaughter when she was a baby/toddler, in fact until she started full time school (she is seven now). I am just a hoarder! :) I keep the oddest things!
This is a picture I just took (minus kitty) of how Cats Corner is now. Note the pillow has changed places to be in front of her igloo, she likes it that way for some reason! :)