PDA

View Full Version : Twenty-three Years Ago Today ....

Karen
09-01-2020, 10:07 AM
Happy Birthday to PetoftheDay.com and DogoftheDay.com and CatoftheDay.com!

September 1 is always bittersweet for me now, as I am doing the sites on my own, and have failed updating them in a timely fashion so often lately.
But regardless, today begins the 24nd year of PetoftheDay.com - Paul and I started it on September 1, 1997. And a year later, Dog and Cat got their own pages!

Thank you all for your patience with me. Hopefully this will be the start of getting better.

Life in Vermont is wonderful, and busy, and full of animals, but these websites are still important. It is part of Paul's legacy on this earth, after all.

Please help keep the sites alive - nominate your pets, and tell friends to do so as well! I love carrying on the path we set out, to bring people a new reason to smile every day, and to celebrate pets, people, and the love and relationships between them.

Karen
09-01-2020, 10:41 AM
And 23 years ago, I never would have guessed I would be widowed, but living on a farm in Vermont and have not only dogs, cats, chicken, ducks and geese, but also guinea hens, peafowl, an alpaca, a wazilla, and of course, a growing baby water buffalo!

This photo was taken through the downstairs window early one morning as I got ready for the day, Boo watches whatever is going on. He still would like to come in the house, of course.

phesina
09-01-2020, 02:14 PM
Happy Anniversary to Pet Talk!!!

Thank you so much, Karen (and Paul), for creating this wonderful place where I come every day to meet new delightful animals and visit with them and with many delightful people who love them so much, too.

Deep gratitude and blessings to you, and may Pet Talk continue on for a long time (maybe even another 23 years?)!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:, from Pat and Sparkler and all the Angels

cassiesmom
09-01-2020, 02:31 PM
Awwww, Boo! If I had a water buffalo-friendly house I would happily let you in!

Happy birthday, Pet Talk! Here's to many happy returns of the day!

phesina
09-01-2020, 02:38 PM
And what a lovely photo of Boo! Thank you!

He's absolutely adorable, along with all the equally adorable, I'm sure, dogs, cats, chicken, ducks, geese, guinea hens, peafowl, an alpaca, and a wazilla!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

mon
09-01-2020, 11:47 PM
You are an inspiration Karen and I am sending all my love and best wishes to you for everything you have done for us PetTalk peeps and for all the peeps whose life's I'm sure you've touched! Bless your heart ❤️

mon
09-02-2020, 03:09 AM
P.s. One can only aspire to build the rich life that you have created for yourself. So proud of you, you be proud of yourself. You better be ❤️👍🏿👍🏿💕👍🏿🤜🏻🤛😘👍🏿

mon
09-02-2020, 03:19 AM
P.s.s. What?? Boo is far too cute! Unbearably cute dude times a billion.

Queen of Poop
09-02-2020, 06:39 AM
Happy Anniversary! And thank you Karen for continuing with this.

Randi
09-02-2020, 07:04 AM
Happy Anniversary to Pet Talk! You and Paul has made it such a nice place to come and meet other animal lovers.

And how wonderful you moved to Vermont, surrounded with animals. :)

Boo looks so sweet!

Karen
09-02-2020, 09:47 AM
Happy Anniversary to Pet Talk! You and Paul has made it such a nice place to come and meet other animal lovers.

And how wonderful you moved to Vermont, surrounded with animals. :)

Boo looks so sweet!

He really is as sweet as he looks. He just has no idea how big he is, or where his feet are landing. Thankfully they have the split hoof, so it does not hurt quite as much as when a horse steps on one's foot!

Awwww, Boo! If I had a water buffalo-friendly house I would happily let you in!

That's the problem - as even though he fits through the doorway now, in time he will not, and see the previous comment about his feet!

And thanks everyone.

mbsmum
09-02-2020, 10:42 AM
Thank you Karen for continuing this site and posting every day new pets. A big thank you.

Felicia's Mom
09-03-2020, 06:55 PM
Karen, Thank you for Pet Talk.

I am here every day. I don't post much, since I don't have any pets to write about.

Happy Birthday Pet Talk!

Vette
09-05-2020, 10:57 AM
Im late to the posting table but wanted to also say thank you for everything you do keep this place up an going https://i.postimg.cc/XXLdQ5yq/3835.gif

Boo is way too cute! what camera ham :D

Karen
09-05-2020, 05:20 PM
He is an attention-of-any-sort love!

And thanks, everyone.

sleepgrazed
10-05-2020, 03:16 PM
Thank you for continuing, stay safe always Karen

Karen
10-05-2020, 05:40 PM
Thanks so much, I appreciate it.