PDA

View Full Version : What's up with this???

anna_66
01-07-2003, 09:17 AM
I was sitting here and I looked over and Roxey was picking up her food bowl, then dropping. She did this a few times. Now I know she can't be that hungry, I just fed her a couple of hours ago and gave her a treat!
So I go ahead and give her a little more food, and turn around a couple of minutes later & she had picked up her food bowl and took it in the living room, so I caught her by surprise!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid46/p4258a8a3021b835b7416ad0146aeceb7/fcd07d35.jpg
This is the first time she's ever done anything like that, I just can't understand:confused:
She has been acting a little strange this morning:D
Has anyone else ever had their dog do something weird like this?

Dixieland Dancer
01-07-2003, 09:51 AM
Just last night Dixie picked up her bowl and carried it into the living room! First time she ever did that! Of course it had a little scoop of vanilla ice cream in it so I think she was saying "If they can eat ice cream in the living room, so can I". :rolleyes:

Maybe it's something in the air!!

Dakota's Mommy
01-07-2003, 09:54 AM
LOL Dixieland! Great pic Anna! I always just love it when you share pics of Roxey. Such a beautiful dog you have there!

ramanth
01-07-2003, 09:57 AM
How odd! Not sure why but it's great you caught the moment on camera. :D

wolf_Q
01-07-2003, 09:59 AM
Maybe she's just playing with it? Nebo plays with his food bowl all the time.......of course, EVERYTHING is a toy to Nebo..... :D

Roxey is so adorable!

My dogs are always doing weird things. I'm sure I'll be posting stories in a few minutes.......haha

anna_66
01-07-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Dixieland Dancer
Just last night Dixie picked up her bowl and carried it into the living room! First time she ever did that! Of course it had a little scoop of vanilla ice cream in it so I think she was saying "If they can eat ice cream in the living room, so can I". :rolleyes:

Maybe it's something in the air!!

That is so crazy, what do they have, telepathy?;)

Cincy'sMom
01-07-2003, 03:56 PM
Somedays Sadie wants nothing to do with food...others she can't get enough. On those hunger stricken days she makes sure you know exactly where her bowl is and will flip it over or bring it to you, or smack the container with her paw. She also bumps her nose on the cupboard where the treats are when she wants one. Silly girls aren't they?

slleipnir
01-07-2003, 04:00 PM
Zeke doesn't pick his bowl up, but he will put his paw in the middle of it and lick around it so it doesn't slide :p Guess he needs ever last CRUMB..

Sudilar
01-07-2003, 11:07 PM
When Killian actually cares about his food and Shiloh is too close, he'll pick up the bowl and take it in the dining room. A long time ago (before liver disease), if he was hungry and I wasn't feeding him soon enough, he would pick up his bowl and drop it at my feet and look at me like.....it's time to eat, here's the bowl, feed me, please. Ahhh, memories...

shais_mom
01-07-2003, 11:53 PM
Good Picture!!
Maybe she was just feeling ornery?

Ann
01-08-2003, 11:04 AM
Nope, I've never had that happen! Perhaps she just couldn't find her favorite toy so she made do with her bowl? ;)

Kfamr
01-08-2003, 03:11 PM
Maybe she wants to re-arrange the furniture? Cute pic.:)

manda99
01-08-2003, 05:45 PM
If we're washing bowls or just lazy and don't want to bring it in from outside ... If I use a plastic bowl for a meal it instantly becomes Smokey's new favorite toy. (he usually eats out of a metal one...)

But when he was a puppy he wouldn't touch the metal one cuz of the noise it made scooting on the ground - he had to have plastic then. Crazy doggies!

Cisco's Mom
01-08-2003, 06:08 PM
Cisco has always carried his bowl around. At first he thought it was a toy, but now he knows it is for food. He started off with a smaller bowl which was easy for him to carry. I would go tp feed him and the hunt for the bowl would be on! So I bought a bigger bowl in hopes that it would stay in one spot. I was wrong he likes to move it around to. Well, he isn't hurting anything so he can keep on mov'n his bowl all he wants. I'm just thankful that he doesn't want to move his water bowl!

Here is pic. of Cisco with his bowl on the bed.

http://www.webphotos.com/view_photo.asp?mi=1&smi=1&a=99192&p=2137712

:D :D :D

anna_66
01-08-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom
Maybe she was just feeling ornery?
Roxey, oh no...she's never ornery:rolleyes: