PDA

View Full Version : New here; just joined.

SavaryGal
01-05-2003, 10:34 PM
Just thought I'd start a thread and introduce myself. :)

My name is Jennifer and I currently live in Prince Edward Island, Canada with my husband and our precious pets: Keesha (dog) and Monte (cat). Keesha (my avatar) is a husky/shepherd, 4 years old, and FULL of beans. Her best friend and companion is Monte who is 5 and is a black shorthair cat. I just recently lost one of my babies (cat)... Hatchie (short for "Hatchepsut"), who died of renal failure after a really long life at 23. I miss her and her sister so much -they were a large part of me, as are all my fur babies. I lost her sister, Neffer (short for "Nefertiti"), to renal failure (she was diagnosed with hyper-thyroid when she was 13) when she was 21. I hope that we are fortunate to have our animals as long as I had those two loving sisters.

Well, I joined this board by following a link on another one I belong to - like I need to join ANOTHER web board. ;) I do love pets though, so I feel I'll be here often.

I look forward to meeting everyone and getting active in the threads. :D

Jenn.

Karen
01-05-2003, 10:38 PM
Welcome to you and your animals! You sound like you'll fit in just fine here! :) Be forewarned - people will beg for photos! FYI: my bunny is my avatar - that's Miss Hoppy!

Uabassoon
01-05-2003, 10:44 PM
Welcome to pettalk!!

LoudLou
01-05-2003, 11:03 PM
WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! And as Karen said we all LOVE photos!!:D :D

wolf_Q
01-05-2003, 11:09 PM
Welcome Jennifer!! :) Your pets are adorable! I'll admit I'm really excited to see more photos of Keesha!! (I LOVE huskies *and* german shepards!)

That is amazing that Hatchie and Neffer lived such a long life, I can tell from you post that they were very well loved!

My name is Amy, and I am owned by 3 dogs.....Smokey the (almost) 17 year old poodle, Reggie the 9 1/2 year old schnauzer, and Nebo the 7 month old siberian husky.

I know you will enjoy it here! :D

p.s. who is the other dog in your signature? Yorkie?

luckies4me
01-05-2003, 11:19 PM
Ok um....don't know why my other post didn't go through...weird.

Anyways, welcome to Pet Talk!!:D

My name is Cassandra and I am owned by 14 rats, five cats Spanky, Tin Tin, Cheetah, Mystic and Houdini, as well as strays in this area. I co own three other kitties, Sadie, Simon and their step sis; one hedgehog, one white spot gecko, one tortoise and one mouse! I think that's it, LOL! You can see my rat Roxy in my avitar. :D

SavaryGal
01-05-2003, 11:19 PM
Wow! Replies! Thanks for the welcome Karen, Uabassoon, LoudLou, and Amy. :D

Amy, I can't believe that I left out my "original dog" Josie! *slap on my face*. That wonderful (and TOUGH) Yorkie is my Dad's dog, but I grew up with her. She's 16 and still thinks she's top dog at the park. I haven't had her living with me for almost 7 years, so I tend to not include her with my pets, which is really awful. Josie is such a great dog. SO friendly and NEVER barks (she broke the mold - hahaha). You have 3 dogs? Er, you are owned by 3 dogs? ;) That is something... a poodle, a schnauzer and a siberian!

Again, thanks so much for the welcome. I have TONS of pictures, so don't worry about seeing them. LOL.

For example...

SavaryGal
01-05-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Ok um....don't know why my other post didn't go through...weird.

Anyways, welcome to Pet Talk!!:D

My name is Cassandra and I am owned by 14 rats, five cats Spanky, Tin Tin, Cheetah, Mystic and Houdini, as well as strays in this area. I co own three other kitties, Sadie, Simon and their step sis; one hedgehog, one white spot gecko, one tortoise and one mouse! I think that's it, LOL! You can see my rat Roxy in my avitar. :D

Hi Cassandra. I didn't see your post when I replied. Thanks to you as well for the warm welcome. :D You have a TON of pets! :eek: How wonderful!!

We are thinking of rescuing a gecko... we've never had one before... how do they get along with the other animals? I've been hemming and hawing about this because I'd hate to make a rash decision before educating myself... I would love some feedback on what your gecko is like. :)

AmberLee
01-05-2003, 11:42 PM
Hi SavaryGal,

Your Keesha has the cutest nose!

My two fur-kids are in my avatar: Cassy, the male, is a dilute silver swirl tabby and Livvy, the female, is a brown tabby Maine Coon mix.

Look forward to hearing more about your fur-kids. Welcome to Pet Talk!

Amber Lee
Perspicacity Purrsonality "Cassy" >^._.^<
and Lady Olivia d'Flufferuni "Livvy" >^._.^<

luckies4me
01-05-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by SavaryGal

Hi Cassandra. I didn't see your post when I replied. Thanks to you as well for the warm welcome. :D You have a TON of pets! :eek: How wonderful!!

We are thinking of rescuing a gecko... we've never had one before... how do they get along with the other animals? I've been hemming and hawing about this because I'd hate to make a rash decision before educating myself... I would love some feedback on what your gecko is like. :)

Thanks!:)

Well if you want a gecko white spots are about the tamest you can get. If you get them as young adults. Spot was rescued while I was working, when I found him under a shelving unit stuck to a glue pad. I didn't know what to do but he was alive and I was not about to let him die. My boyfriend came over on my lunch break to bring me some food, and said he could "unglue" him if we bought some vegetable oil. So he went to Rite Aid and bought some oil and we got him off. I hated that petshop!:mad:

I told my boss he died and took him home, I was not about to let him stay there! Anyways, all that he suffered was a few missing scales. He did unfortunately lose his tail one day but it has grown back, though not as lovely as it used to be. :(

He's very active and loves his crickets! They don't get too big. So he is a perfect pet. I love him so much! He doesn't like to be handled too much but does enjoy supervised stick time to walls in the bathroom. :p

luckies4me
01-05-2003, 11:55 PM
I see your dog has a tattoo? That's great! I want to have all my rats and cats done!:)

neko1
01-06-2003, 05:26 AM
Guess I'm a little late! Hi and welcome! My name is Michelle and I am owned by 4 wonderful furkitties.
Neko is the grey tabby, Cookie is the black and white girl, Pumpkin is the orange and white girl, and Tama is my blue Abyssinian. There are more pics of them in cat general if you'd like to take a look.

BTW, I want to see more pics of that beautiful Monte!!!:D

jenluckenbach
01-06-2003, 05:32 AM
HI and welcome!!!

I have 13 cats and 16 mice. And my number 1 cat is my special white short-haired named Monte..........so pictures are definitely in order!:D

You will really like it here, but be prepared to become hopelessly addicted.....LOL

ChrisH
01-06-2003, 05:54 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk!! :) Your pets are lovely! Look forward to seeing lots and lots more pictures of them. :)
My name is Chris and I am owned by Springer Spaniel Bob, and by Ebby, a black shorthair cat.

iceyshiver21
01-06-2003, 06:13 AM
Welcome!!

Im Katie, I have five great dogs, one horse, four cats, and a rat.
How i got to tins thread so late i have no idea cuz I tend to be obsessed about this place and on here ALL the time.
p.s. you have such CUTE! little furbabies!

01-06-2003, 06:55 AM
http://www.uselessgraphics.com/welc2.gif

Welcome to our big Pettalk-family !!!! It is so good to be here (AND addictive :rolleyes: :p ) !

I have 2 cats , Maya & Inka , a guinea pig Jasper , a bunny Billie , and uncountable fish in the pond ! Read their story on my web-site called "The Pet's House" !

This is my son , me and my husband on Christmas-Eve !
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/pic25%20gourmet.jpg

All Creatures Great And Small
01-06-2003, 07:07 AM
Welcome! Like the others said, you may become addicted; I know I have and it didn't take long! I just have the one kitty in my signature. His "given" name is Dudley, but I don't call him that. His name changes with my moods ;) :p - this week I'm calling him Herman. :D (He's on my lap right now, curled up and snoozing :) !) What type of kitties were the late sisters? How wonderful that you had them for so long. My 15 year old daughter posts on here occasionally too, but she's taking a break now that school started back up. She's YellowLabLover, and she has 5 extremely cute rats (my grandratties :) ). So anyway, welcome!!

slleipnir
01-06-2003, 02:08 PM
Welcome! I live on PEI too! lol mine crew are in my sig :]

lynnestankard
01-06-2003, 02:54 PM
Hello Jennifer and a BIG http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/welcom8.gif To Pet Talk. Glad you found us and hope you enjoy being with us Pet Nuts!
I'm Lynne and am the personal feeder and cleaner to three cats - there is Bagel, all black - the lady of the bunch. Her brother Ketchum, again all black - as thick as two short planks and my 'best' boy! Then there is Dan, he's black and white - he reckons he's a real 'bruiser', but he's the softest baby about!!

Lynne

RDM
01-06-2003, 03:00 PM
SavaryGal - are you moving to the Island soon? I see it says you'll be in BC soon. It's a beautiful little Island.

I'm on the mainland. Welcome to my Province.

primabella
01-06-2003, 03:10 PM
hello and welcome! :) i live over here in canada too, eh? ;) your pets are all so adorable! hope to see more pics soon. :D i have two budgies named rocket and sky and a sheltie pup named mickey! :)

primabella
01-06-2003, 03:11 PM
oops, didn't see your post RDM. :o welcome to you too :p ;) :)

NoahsMommy
01-06-2003, 03:39 PM
Its very nice to meet you and your cuties, Jennifer! I really, really like Monte...we have a black kitty too. :) And Keesha, what a cutie, I can tell she has a wonderful personality!

I also love your choice of names for your angel kitties....I just took an Art History class and learned all about Nefertiti and Hatchepsut, very, very interesting. What women!

My hubby and I are owned by four cats that you can see below in my signature....the orange tabby/maine coone is Noah, the tortie girl is Noel, the Korat/gray cat is Basil and the black kitty is Olivia, our newest rescue.

Enjoy and welcome to Pet Talk! There are a ton of really great people here that really, truely love thier furries.

SavaryGal
01-06-2003, 03:58 PM
Alright! More welcomes! :D Thanks everyone. I really think I'm going to like it here. :)

Some of you have asked me Q's, but I don't have time to answer them just now. I'll be sure to log on later this evening and get to you.

Thanks again! :D

Vermontcat
01-06-2003, 07:16 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk SavaryGal! You have beautiful pets.:)

Hey Jen, now that Pet Talk has an all-white Monte and an all-black Monte we need Cataholic to get her black and white tux Ver(Monte)!!!;)

wolf_Q
01-06-2003, 08:52 PM
Thanks for sharing that other cute pic of Keesha! LOVE that nose...Nebo's working on his snow nose, I think it will be more pronounced next year! :D

Cincy'sMom
01-06-2003, 09:12 PM
Welcome to Pet talk! Your animals are beautiful!!

My name is Amy and I have two lab mixes, Sadie(yellow collar) a 2 yr old lab/dalmation and Cincy a 1 yr old lab mix (red collar)

krazyaboutkatz
01-06-2003, 11:10 PM
http://digilander.libero.it/meowmeowmeow/welcome_cat.gif to Pet Talk Jennifer. Your furkids are gorgeous. I'm owned by 3 male cats. Storm is a blue DLH, he may have some Maine Coon in him, Pepper is a black DLH, he may also have some Maine Coon in him, and Sunny is orange and white DSH and he's half aby and half tabby. I'm sure you'll love it here. :)

mugsy
01-06-2003, 11:55 PM
Welcome, welcome!! Prepare to become addicted. Your animals are great! I can't wait for more pictures and stories. How is it living in the smallest province in Canada???

COCatMama
01-07-2003, 12:00 AM
Hello and welcome Fellow Canadian! :D

Tina
01-07-2003, 09:32 AM
Hello and Welcome To Pet Talk!!
I'm a proud owner of 3 dogs you can see them in my sig Ruff,Ginger and Oscar. I also have 3 cats Gus,Fuzzy Wuzzy and Ozzie, 2 birds BirdBird and Feathers,1 rabbit Hershey, and 1 Guinea Pig=Wiggy Pig you can also see him in my sig.

Dakota's Mommy
01-07-2003, 09:51 AM
Well Hello and Welcome to Pet Talk! I guess I'm kind of behind on the welcomes lately, but here I am now! My name is Christy and my husband (Brian) and I have a 11 month old Dalmation and a 7 month old Harlequin Great Dane. I'll attach a pic of me with our girls, but just to let you know, I look terrible in it. I had just gotten up when the pic was taken! Anyways, here it is!

SavaryGal
05-30-2003, 06:40 PM
Oh dear... look what I just found. *blush*

I'm so sorry I didn't get back in here to reply and thank you all for the wonderful and warm welcome to Pet Talk! Bah. I didn't get any email notifications, so I just thought this thread died since my last post. :lol:

DUH.

Thanks again and it's nice to be back and posting again. I do look forward to getting to know all of you. :)

Jenn.

slick
05-30-2003, 06:58 PM
So here it is.....sorry I missed it the first time around. I've already welcomed you once so why not twice.

Welcome. :D :D :D

SavaryGal
05-30-2003, 06:59 PM
HAHA.. Thanks Slick! *again* :D

CamCamPup33
05-30-2003, 10:24 PM
Sorry im so late!! ive been kinda outta it! :) My name is amber and i am owned by 1 dog 1 cat, a hampster and tons of fishies! My dog is cami she is a American eskimo/ Pembroke welsh corgi mix. My kittie is a calico cat which i have to include in my next signature poor cali i keep fogetting her :( umm i have a golden short haired hampster named piglet and alotta fish which i havent really named yet :rolleyes: Welcome! ur gonna love it here! here i am 374 posts later! addicting very addicting ur gonna check ur mail about evry 10 minutes! i do, :rolleyes: well any ways gorgeous dogs and cats! :D

aly
05-30-2003, 11:27 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! Your babies are precious! I know you'll love it here and become as addicted as the rest of us :D My name is Alyson (or you can call me Aly) and I have 3 dogs and 3 cats at the moment (2 of the cats and 1 dog are technically "fosters" but dont seem to be going anywhere).

I look forward to hearing much more from you :)

Cheshirekatt
05-31-2003, 12:11 AM
Hello and welcome! You're babies are beautiful!

I'm Kat and owned by three dogs-all pit bull mixes, 5 cats, 2 turtles and an ornery oscar. :)

I look forward to seeing more pictures!

RubyMutt
05-31-2003, 12:26 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! Your pets are cuties, I'm looking forward to seeing many more photos of them!! ;) My name is Lindsey, I'm owned by my sweet Ruby girl (basenji/australian cattle dog mix), my hamster - Blinky, and 5 fish - Gibson, Monty, Angus, Pascal, & Che :D

AmberLee
05-31-2003, 12:50 AM
Welcome! Hope you enjoy it here as we do.

My furry crew are seen in my avatar.

Lady Olivia d'Flufferuni -- Livvy -- just turned 4 years young last month. Her mother is Siamese, we are fairly certain papa was a Maine Coon. She has such a M. C. build/disposition/shape in a lady-like brown tabby body. (Her voice, when she's concerned that she's being left out of the loop, harkens back to her mommy, though! :rolleyes: :p )

Perspicacity Purrsonality -- Cassy -- will turn 4 in mid-July. He's a good sized DSH silver (per my vet) or blue (just look at him) swirl tabby with fun, fun, fun and food, food, food on his mind.

At any rate, we are pleased to welcome you. Have fun!

Miss Meow
05-31-2003, 01:20 AM
Hello and welcome! Hope you enjoy it here.

I am Nicole, my partner is Mr Meow (when his log-in is working :)) and we have two Siamese, a Burmese and a Tonkinese whom we wait on hand and foot (and love it!)

PayItForward
05-31-2003, 06:45 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk. :D

Me & my partner (who is PayForIt) are owned by four cats (see our signature)

Love your photos, looking forward to seeing more pictures.

HoRsELUvR
05-31-2003, 07:26 AM
Welcome to PT!I am sorry for the loss of your cats.It is so sad to lose an animal you care about.Your pets are very cute.

SavaryGal
06-05-2003, 04:29 PM
Hey again. Thanks for the newest welcomes! :D

This place is ultra friendly. :)

Guess what we just did? We got ANOTHER KITTY! Yeah! It's a bit of a long story, but I told you that I lost a cat Nov. 2, '01 and she was 23 years old... I had her for 3/4 of my life. I was devastated to lose her, (Hatchepsut), and even though we have Monte and Keesha, I always missed that extra meow around the house. I am a firm believer that while it pains us so to lose them, it is such a joy to have pets in our life. I consider myself a "two cat minimum or more" gal and have been rather persistent the past year to get another cat... Well...

This past Thursday, I was browsing the local Humane Society and stumbled upon a stray kitty named "Tobin" that was 2 years old, and was said to be pet-friendly and lovey. So, I pointed her out to my husband and some friends... well, never did I expect her to COME HOME TO US ON SATURDAY! My husband, the wonderful sneaky man that he is, apparently went down to the Humane Society on Friday, met Tobin, put in the required paperwork (had to clear with our landlord that we can have another cat), and then mysteriously went out on Saturday morning. He comes home and says, "Jenn! Get outside quick. It's an emergency!" I throw on my clothes and tear outside thinking all hell has broken loose. There, in the property managers office is a sweet, adorable, little white cat. My husband says, "check out Lynn's (property manager) new cat." I say, "she looks just like Tobin!" He says, "well, she's the newest addition to our family." I cried. Just bent over, picked her up, shoved my face into her soft fur and sobbed.

I am so lucky. She gets along EXTREMELY well with Monte and Keesha - so much that they all run free in the house and we only had to separate her for two nights. She already sleeps with me and is currently sitting on my desk while I type this out. She is beautiful.

I think she's around a year old though - she is so tiny, however; her personality is SO YOUNG.

Oh, and she was in heat when we brought her home (not fixed yet; don't worry, Monte is) and she drove us MAD for the first two nights. She is out of it now - Thank GOD - and we can sleep. She goes for her fixing tomorrow morning and we get her home on Saturday - one week to the day that she came home to us from the Humane Society.

We have since renamed her too - Tobin wasn't quite "her". She comes to this new name as well, so it's all good.

She's a beaut. Judge for yourself. Meet Mademoiselle Jasmine:

http://www.thegaigers.com/darkroom/albums/newfurbaby/normal_Image014.jpg

http://www.thegaigers.com/darkroom/albums/newfurbaby/normal_Image012_3.jpg

Blurry, but look at those adorable feet!

http://www.thegaigers.com/darkroom/albums/newfurbaby/normal_Image003_2.jpg

We are all smitten, including our other dog and cat. :D

Miss Meow
06-05-2003, 05:07 PM
She's so beautiful! Congratulations :D Her eyes are just like my favourite gemstone: yellow sapphires :)

SavaryGal
06-05-2003, 05:12 PM
Thanks! :) She has the most amazing coloured eyes... I've never seen yellow quite like that on a kitty before. She is just beautiful. A new best friend for everyone at the house.

Barbara
06-05-2003, 05:14 PM
AAAAAw īMiz Jasmine, what a special beauty you are.
Welcome Jennifer: My cats are Tigris (in my avatar) and Filou the prince -in many threads here:)

slick
06-05-2003, 05:39 PM
Oh Jasmine, you are beautiful, I just love your eyes and your kissable paws.... You are so lucky that you've found a wonder furrever home. More pictures please.

Rottieluver45
06-05-2003, 05:52 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, you`ll love it!

I own one bunny named thelmer, she`s in my signature.

My Family,however, owns 11 fish, 2 dogs, 2 cats, and my sister owns a guinea pig.

Fish:
Oscar
George
Bob
Gracie
Snowballflake
Spot
Flea
Tick
Data
Strabo
Sning

Dogs:
P.J. and Bailey

Cats:
Pumpkin
Barclay

Guinea Pig:
Herbert A.K.A. Herbie

krazyaboutkatz
06-05-2003, 11:26 PM
Jasmine is gorgeous. :D I'm so glad that you decided to adopt another cat and glad that your landlord approved it too. You sure have a wonderful husband. :)

ChrisH
06-06-2003, 03:39 AM
Congratulations, Jasmine is so beautiful! :) Congrats on having such a great hubby too!!:D

anna_66
06-06-2003, 07:59 AM
http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage34/20.gif

And congrats on the new addition, she's just gorgeous!!!! I'm glad to hear that they all get along so well together:)