PDA

View Full Version : hamsters

molly&rope13
01-05-2003, 06:57 PM
does any one have a hamster that does tricks send molly&rope13 a message she is new and wants to meet someone :) :D :cool

jenluckenbach
01-06-2003, 05:50 AM
HI and welcome. No hamsters at my house, but I do have 13 cats and 16 mice. I really enjoy the small critters. Wht tricks does your hamster do?

molly&rope13
01-06-2003, 10:39 AM
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=blue]
WOW!!! that is a lot of animals, i used to have 3 cats but they all died. but now i have a dog nd my new hamster molly. she was just born and she is 2 inches long, but she is a dwarf siberian hamster so she want get much bigger. the only thing i have taught her to do is snad on her back legs and roll over.:rolleyes:

Aspen and Misty
01-08-2003, 09:14 PM
I have 4 rats do they count? Lol. Welcoem to pet talk I am owned by 1 bunny, 1 Oscar fish, 2 cat fish, 1 beta, 1 suker, 1 chameleon, 3 dogs, 5 cats and as I already metioned my 4 ratties. I personally Own the Bunny, one of the dogs and the 4 rats. I can't wait to see pics of your hamsters.

Ash

molly&rope13
01-09-2003, 05:50 PM
of corse rats count! rats are awesome! even though you dont personally own the animals do they live in your house? that is a lot of animals. I only have one hamster and i am trying to get her to be pet of the day along with my dog roper. Do you think it is cruel to have my hamster run in a "hamters on a roll" ball? :confused:
bug

jenluckenbach
01-10-2003, 05:04 AM
NO
A lot of my mice just LOVE those things. Altough not all will run in it, I think that they don't know how to get it started. hee hee

Aspen and Misty
01-23-2003, 05:39 PM
They all used ot live in my house but my paretns sperated 3 months ago, or soemthing like that :rolleyes:

Ash

wolfsoul
01-31-2003, 09:50 PM
my rat frisco can do fairly good tricks. so far he can bob up and down lol, tight rope walk, jump over my arm or jump through a hoop, and when i say "round!" he will turn around in a circle (that ones my favourite!) my other rat icarus can bob and he can turn in a circle but he still needs the hand motions...today he actually made his first attempt at tight rope walking!!! im very proud of him...hes done nothing but be scared of it for the longest time...*sigh* hes making such progress....my other rat cant do anything cuz shes at my dads house and im not there all the time to train her (WAAAA) but im sure shes very capable lol
ive never had a hampster but ive heard of one that could roll over and play dead....ive been trying to do that with the rats fora while but noooo of course not *ahk* ok im gonna stop talking now cuz i feel like im going on and on and on and on and on and on and eeep im doing it again...byes!

tikeyas_mom
02-25-2003, 01:44 PM
hey, I have 3 hamsters , Whisky a 3 year old syrian male golden hamster..

Cuddles she had her second litter on the 21, 2003, she is a syrian golden female.

Link aka Sper, Male black and white bannded syrian hamster he's a long haired syrian .. Teddy bear *you could say :))...

They dont do tricks though :( but they are my babies non the less.. :D

Jessica12345
03-09-2003, 11:16 AM
whisky is such a cutie pie name!:) lol

tikeyas_mom
03-09-2003, 01:43 PM
Thanks. I rescued him from abusive owners. They would lite him on fire and stuff.. :mad: .. So I went there and told them if they dont give the hamster to me I am calling the S.P.C.A. and I would end up getting the hamster anyways. So ya they gave him to me. :rolleyes: .. His original name was Gizmo, but I changed it because I hate the movie the Grimlins. lol Whisky suits him better any how. :D

Jessica12345
03-09-2003, 03:19 PM
LIGHT HIM ON FIRE!:mad: ugh! i hate some people!:mad: poor whisky!:( How could he live though??:(

tikeyas_mom
03-09-2003, 03:37 PM
he is a long haired hamster and they would spark lighters on his bum hairs. :mad: .. They also told me that they were gunna put him in the microwave when he died.. :( its sooo mean .. I am glad I have him now..

Jessica12345
03-10-2003, 06:38 PM
:eek: glad you took him too. poor hammy.:(

tikeyas_mom
03-10-2003, 11:30 PM
I wov my litle Whisky :)..

Cuddles babies are 18 days old today they are totally independent on the 21st day :) I have soo many homes lined up. I only have 3 pups and 6 homes. :( What am I gunna tell the ppl that were expecting a hamster? :confused: HELP!!

Jessica12345
03-11-2003, 02:20 PM
visit or interveiw them to find the very best homes for the hammys!:D

shellonabeach
03-13-2003, 10:55 AM
You could tell the other 3 people (or look yourself for them) about how rewarding it is to adopt a shelter hamster. Or to get one from a "free to good home ad".

As for tricks my hamsters do - they escape!! They beg for treats and attention.

My gerbils also have games they play - I let them run free in an animal proof room (no gaps, wires or anything they can hurt themselves on) and when they have had their 20 minutes we play "hide and seek" and they also see how long they can play at avoiding being caught. The funny thing is when I don't want them they come to me!!!

As for pets I have 6 chinese hamsters, 2 syrians, 2 campbells, 4 robos, 11 gerbils, 2 guinea pigs, 2 goldfish, one cat and one horse. They are all rescues and some came in a very bad way.

Sarah

wolfsoul
03-13-2003, 08:12 PM
welcome, shellonabeach! :) its nice to see a person with so many rescues ;)

tikeyas_mom
03-19-2003, 10:35 PM
wow shell you have alot of rodents.