PDA

View Full Version : "Old" member re-introduction + new cat

wolflady
04-10-2020, 01:12 PM
Hi Pet Talk!!
I'm an "old" member from way back when, so I thought I would re-introduce myself and my new kitty! So much has changed since I last posted. I used to live in CA, but moved back to my home state of Indiana in 2009. I brought my CA job with me and work from home, so it has been a blessing now with all the Covid craziness and lock downs going on! For me, it's business as usual (for working anyway).
I have an 8 year old little girl named Sylvia who loves kitties as much as I do! I've had several kitties in the past, but recent years haven't been so kind. I lost 4 in the last few years alone :( I told myself that I wouldn't get any more as the pain was too hard - especially with my last one. I went about 8 months and my house just seemed so empty without a kitty. I brought two kitties home in August and unfortunately one of them passed from FIP :( I'm down to one kitty who is lapping up all the attention and being queen of her domain. Her name is Gwen and she's a retired Bluepoint Balinese and is 9 years old. She was very scared when I first brought her home in August and hid so well I began to wonder if she had somehow escaped from the house. Turns out, she was just really good at hiding. She slowly came out and built her trust with me and Sylvia. She has been moved around several homes and the last home was just too boisterous for her. There were loud teenagers and dogs and she only would come out at night when things were quiet, so it was mutually decided between her original breeder mom and the family that she be re-homed. I'm a pretty quiet and laid back person, so her breeder mom thought I would be a good choice. I'm so glad I did as she has really opened up her personality and is quite sweet. She tolerates Sylvia picking her up and carrying her around. :love:

Don't remember how to post pictures. I tried inserting a picture, but nothing happened.:o

Karen
04-10-2020, 04:01 PM
Welcome back!

Vette
04-11-2020, 01:06 AM
Hello an welcome back :D

to post pictures try using https://imgur.com/ or https://postimages.org/
(https://postimages.org/) to upload your pictures an just paste the link between the [IMG] tags. (i'll explain more in a different post if you need. im pretty brain fried at the moment)

glad to hear you braved letting another kitty into your heart! :D she sounds like a real gem :love:

after my late dog passed i thought i wouldnt get another dog but 6months later along came a chihuahua. she was supposed to be my moms dog but she ended up choosing me instead. im glad she did; i would be so very lost without her.

Felicia's Mom
04-11-2020, 07:08 AM
Hi, Welcome back

Randi
04-11-2020, 10:55 AM
Hi Karen… I remember you! In fact, I have a few photos you’re in from Gini’s BBQ. Some are in my album, and I have more.

I’m sorry you have lost four cats in such a short period. I lost Fister in 2013. It was very hard, but you know all about that. :(

So, since last you had a baby who is now 8 years old - wow! Of course she loved kitties. :D And now you have Gwen. It sounds as if she has finally settled in with you, after living in too noisy homes. I’m so glad to hear it. :)

It’s a shame that most of us can’t post pictures anymore, but hopefully it will get fixed. I would love to see more pictures of Gwen and your daughter Sylvia.

tatsxxx11
04-11-2020, 12:25 PM
Wow! Hi Karen!!! So nice to hear from an original Pet Talker after all this time!:cool: Thanks for the update! You have a Sylvia, hehe How wonderful!

So sorry about the loss of so many kitties.:( Yes, so hard to take the plunge again after so much loss, but Gwen was definitely meant to be yours and Sylvia's! Mutual "rescue!" I do hope you'll able to post some pics. Would love to see photos of Sylvia and Gwen. Unfortunately the photo posting function, via the site, hasn't worked in quite some time. Try Vette's link!

Well, please keep us updated, Karen. Miss the old times and long time members!:) And stay safe!!!
XO

Sandra~

phesina
04-11-2020, 02:52 PM
Dear Karen, welcome back! It's so nice to "see" you again and be introduced to your daughter Sylvia and kitty Gwen! I'm so sorry about your losses, but how good it is that Gwen is helping to fill the void. And you are providing the Purrrfect home for her to settle into. You all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Hoping to see photos some day. Whether or not, welcome HOME!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Catty1
04-12-2020, 12:25 PM
Hello, Karen! Nice to see you again!

wolflady
04-13-2020, 08:52 AM
Oh my gosh, you guys! It was nice to "see" many names I remember too! Thanks for the kind words.

Randi, so sorry about Fister. He was one of my favorites! ;) I really miss Gini. Those BBQs were such fun!:love:

Trying out Vette's idea:

https://i.postimg.cc/bYRzX3mV/Sylviand-Gwen.jpg
This is Sylvia and Gwen :)

During quarantine, what do you do? Take pictures of your daughter and cat, of course! I thought this picture was funny because Gwen has that look of "help me" on her pleading face! :D She adores Sylvia though, so is pretty tolerant of all the loving she gets!

So far 2020 has not been very kind. I suddenly and unexpectedly lost my dad. He was my best friend, so I'm not coping very well. It's times like these that I'm thankful I have a kitty again. Gwen sits in my lap and purrs and it's very calming. After my dad died, this Corona thing hit fast!! Scary how fast we all went into lock down. Too bad we can't return this 2020 trial and start again, huh?

**Hugs**
Karen

Catty1
04-13-2020, 11:27 AM
Gwen is simply stunning! I love the Siamese face and the ears. Ears forever!

I am so sorry to hear about your dad - and then the shutdown hitting so quickly! HUGS

How did you put the image between the [IMG] tags? I can't find them.

wolflady
04-13-2020, 11:59 AM
Gwen is simply stunning! I love the Siamese face and the ears. Ears forever!

I am so sorry to hear about your dad - and then the shutdown hitting so quickly! HUGS

How did you put the image between the [IMG] tags? I can't find them.

I'm a sucker for those big ears!:love:

Thank you, I'm still not processing the loss well, so trying to keep busy and distract myself with fun things.

For the image, in the reply, I uploaded the picture to one of the URL's Vette suggested. Then, in my reply I type it between the "url" tags and it worked!

phesina
04-13-2020, 03:32 PM
Sylvia and Gwen, how sweet! (Though Gwen looks like she might have something to say about all that.)

I'm so sorry to learn about the loss of your Dad, your best friend. And now there's all this weird stuff going on.. I'm glad that Gwen is helping you in that special cat way, sitting in your lap and purring, and that it's so very calming, of course!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
from Pat and Sparkler and Galaxy

wolflady
04-13-2020, 03:52 PM
LOL she totally looks resigned, doesn't she? LOL

I always say "a purr is like a massage in sound" and it's so true! When I'm having a hard time, just petting her super soft fur and having her purr on my lap is definitely the right medicine.

Here's the queen in her domain:

https://i.postimg.cc/9fjtfD5g/Gwendomain.jpg

wolflady
04-13-2020, 04:02 PM
Now that Gwen has gotten comfortable with us and has settled in, her appetite has increased. I took this picture the other day and started laughing....she's starting to look like a butterball! :D

https://i.postimg.cc/WzJtc4ys/butterball1.jpg

cassiesmom
04-14-2020, 10:55 PM
Hello, gorgeous Gwen! I am so glad you are getting used to your new home!

Randi
04-15-2020, 05:39 AM
Gwen is beautiful, and so is your daughter. Sitting there on her behind, Gwen looks really big... and yes, resigned.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your father - and the kitties. :(

Take care, Karen! :love:

Vette
04-15-2020, 04:34 PM
Oh my gosh you cat is beautiful :love:
those eyes an ears are so captivating :D

phesina
04-15-2020, 04:48 PM
Gwen, you are absolutely gorgeous, there in your Purrrfect domain! We're so glad you've settled in so nicely.

Welcome HOME!!!

wolflady
04-22-2020, 11:43 AM
I am very please with how she's settled into our home. I seriously thought we had lost her when we first brought her home as I didn't see her for several days/weeks. She was just really good at hiding! We have made good progress and I do feel like she's finally settled in and comfortable with us.

I love the bond she has formed with Syliva....she even sits on her lap while Sylvia does her eLearning! :love:

https://i.postimg.cc/NMgkBR0K/Gwene-Learning-Buddy.jpg

phesina
04-22-2020, 12:39 PM
WONDERFUL!!!!!