PDA

View Full Version : Slammed with snow...

Cookiebaker
01-04-2003, 03:08 PM
Is anybody else having severe winter weather?? I was just out with Malone, and we have at least 3 feet of snow right now. It is over Malone's head and he is sooo funny!! First he will burrow into it and the pop out and bound through like he is swimming. If it wasn't snowing so hard I would take pictures, but I'm a little afraid of ruining the camera by getting it wet. We are having SOOOO MUCH SNOW!!!

HoRsELUvR
01-04-2003, 03:15 PM
we had lots of snow a few weeks ago.we also had some snow on Christmas Eve and Christmas.since then,not much in the way of snow.

Vermontcat
01-04-2003, 03:16 PM
Me Too!!! We have a lot of snow too!
The snow drifts are the worst, it was up past my 9 year old son's waist when he was shoveling!
I tried to get some photos from the doorway but the snow kept blowing in so I'm not sure how they came out.

It was fun to watch my neighbor walk his black and white husky this morning, that dog was having a blast in the snow! :D

iceyshiver21
01-04-2003, 04:18 PM
What SNOW??? whats that cuz i thought minnesota was soppose to have snow??? I dont recall anything like snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT SNOW, so bad i got a cool snow screens saver for backrounds (http://www.free-backgrounds.com/ )
I hope thats the right one, but man im desprate for snow!! we have drizzel now so i hope it gets colder!

neko1
01-04-2003, 04:27 PM
Yuk!! Glad that's not me!! We have a couple of inches from yesterday, but we mainly got hit with an ice storm which stinks just as much!!

Karen
01-04-2003, 05:05 PM
Okay, so maybe everyone else in my town thinks we got too much snow, but I LOVE it! It is so pretty outside - we got the really heavy wet snow that sticks to every twig, every branch, every tree, so the whole world looks pretty, like the trees are made of delicate lace and the landscape has been frosted!

And yes, I shoveled for a couple hours, but that's an excuse to be outside in the snow! I'm just jealous because New Hampshire got a lot more than we did!

ChrisH
01-04-2003, 05:26 PM
Oh, how I hope we DO NOT have snow! It is not that I hate it or anything, in fact I quite like it really, it is just that snow makes this country come to a standstill! (I think other Brits will know what I mean and agree?). We are NEVER properly prepared for it, except maybe up Scotland way, no gritters, snow ploughs, except maybe, sometimes, on motorways and big main roads, and not many people seems to know how to drive in the ice and snow, accident rates go up enormously.

This from the weather news today. Note the amount of snow they are writing about.

Plunging temperatures across the UK are bringing ice and snow to areas already suffering from recent floods. The abrupt change in the weather brought two to three inches of snow on Saturday to areas of Kent, which was among the counties worst affected by flooding earlier this week. Police said the cold snap had led to more than a dozen crashes across Kent in a matter of hours on Saturday, although none were fatal. A van slid off the A59 near York and on to a railway line below, but no-one was hurt. Inspector Mark Baldwin, of Kent Police, said main roads in the area were "a no-no". "Ideally people should not go anywhere," he said. "Wait and see what the weather is like. People are just not used to driving in the snow and they are driving really badly."
Already, hilly areas in the north of England, north Wales and Scotland have had up to five inches of snow as a result of the cold arctic air. The AA has reiterated the police warning about dangerous driving conditions. A spokesman said: "People should drive slowly and carefully and be cautious of black ice, particularly if they are going out early."

If we do get some, there will be one happy dog here! Although he hasn`t seen much of it in his life, of what he has seen Bob just loves!! The other morning there was just a dusting of it and he was getting so excited at seeing the white stuff on the grass in the front I had to let him out to it. :D

slleipnir
01-04-2003, 07:47 PM
Yeah, we got it today, we got a lot so far, suppost to be 15-25cms before its done, that adds to what we already have!! Stupid snow :p

iceyshiver21
01-04-2003, 10:43 PM
I WANT SNOW!!!!!

Kfamr
01-04-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by iceyshiver21
I WANT SNOW!!!!!

Tina
01-05-2003, 02:37 PM
We got a couple inches of heavy snow this morning probably got about 3 or 4 inches. It looked like it was going to snow big time earlier but it stopped now.

primabella
01-05-2003, 03:55 PM
its no surprise we would get so much snow here in quebec, but there is also ice covering everything. :( mickey loves the snow though. when we take him out, he runs head first into the first pile he sees. :p then he tries to run across the yard but slips about every 5 seconds. :rolleyes: i like snow though, just not with strong cold winds or ice. if there's gonna be ice, school better be closed!:mad: :p

Felicia's Mom
01-05-2003, 09:27 PM
We have a small coating of snow, with some ice too. The temp. is getting up in the 50's later this week.

iceyshiver21
01-05-2003, 09:29 PM
Did i mention i want SNOW???????

popcornbird
01-05-2003, 10:04 PM
Are you serious?!? It STILL isn't snowing in Minnesota? OMG! (Are you sure you live in Minnesota?) ;) Its January! This is supposed to be the coldest month. I can't believe you don't have snow in Minnesota! :eek:

As for me, I can long for snow all my life, as long as I live here, there's going to be no snow for me. :( At least we get to see snow from far (on the mountains around the city) but there isn't even any mountain snow yet. We have to drive like 3-4 hours to get lots of snow, many feet of snow, so at least we get to see snow sometimes. Many of my friends haven't seen snow even once in their lives! :eek: I just wished it would snow here in our neighborhood, just once, so I can see what our neighborhood looks like covered in a white blanket, some day (in my dreams).

Dakota's Mommy
01-06-2003, 08:01 AM
I miss snow so much! My parents are always telling me about them getting a bunch here and a bunch there, but obviously we don't get the same weather here in Texas as they do in Ohio. As for us, we've been having 60-70 degree weather the majority of the time. It seems like it cools down to somewhere between 30 to 50 for a couple of days, and then it jumps right back up in the digits. What's up with that? I miss my snow, I can't wait to go back to Ohio! :D

Logan
01-06-2003, 09:28 AM
No snow in SC either, but it has been cold. Brrrrrrrrrrr

Hope you all are warm and safe!!! Post pictures of your dogs in the snow! I know they love it! Mine will chase the snowflakes on the rare occasion that we get snow!! :)

lynnestankard
01-06-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by ChrisH

This from the weather news today. Note the amount of snow they are writing about.

Plunging temperatures across the UK are bringing ice and snow to areas already suffering from recent floods. The abrupt change in the weather brought two to three inches of snow on Saturday to areas of Kent, which was among the counties worst affected by flooding earlier this week. Police said the cold snap had led to more than a dozen crashes across Kent in a matter of hours on Saturday, although none were fatal. A van slid off the A59 near York and on to a railway line below, but no-one was hurt. Inspector Mark Baldwin, of Kent Police, said main roads in the area were "a no-no". "Ideally people should not go anywhere," he said. "Wait and see what the weather is like. People are just not used to driving in the snow and they are driving really badly."
Already, hilly areas in the north of England, north Wales and Scotland have had up to five inches of snow as a result of the cold arctic air. The AA has reiterated the police warning about dangerous driving conditions. A spokesman said: "People should drive slowly and carefully and be cautious of black ice, particularly if they are going out early."

HOW TRUE CHRIS!!! Three flakes and the whole country falls apart at the seams!! I get sooooo annoyed - :mad:

Lynne

NoahsMommy
01-06-2003, 12:41 PM
Snow? Here? Yea, right! :)
We actually have hot weather, with strong winds today....they have really caused a lot of damage accross the entire state.

My step-dad's train was even derailed....praise God he drove in to work today...people have died and there are many, many injuries. :( It's terrible. :(

lovemyshiba
01-06-2003, 01:20 PM
Ugh!!! I love snow--but it is getting ridiculous!! It keeps on snowing and snowing and snowing and snowing. My dogs love it, but they have to stay on leashes with us, so they can't have too much fun out there:(
My husband heard this morning that there is supposed to be a storm coming in a week or so, that will drop the temps below 0, and more snow, ice and wind:( I keep checking weather.com, but no mention of that yet.
I'm so glad he talked me into a 4-wheel drive vehicle this year.

catland
01-06-2003, 02:59 PM
After a couple of weeks of really rainy weather (which we needed), we're back to beautiful sunshine today. Its currently 54 f, (12c)... so I can't complain.

We don't get snow here very often. On a clear day, we get a good view of Mt. Hood, and if you are in the right part of town, Mt. St. Helens (yes, the one that blew up 20 years ago!). Its very pretty.

iceyshiver21
01-06-2003, 05:48 PM
Dear Santa,

I know im a little late for christmas, but it's like it never happened cuz we didnt get any snow, this is my first winter without it, and i was hopeing if i could pretty, pretty please have a little snow, for a new years present, I'll im asking for is just a little dust. I mean you have so much of it and all, couldnt you just send me some? please ive been so good, and even saved another dog since christmas, and All i want is Snow!!! Amanda, Kelsey, Jenny, Justin and Charles(my friends) need something to play in during lunch, cuz what fun is snow tackle without snow??

please consider my wish,
*iceyshiver21*

**sorry pettalkers if im getting annying but i cant help it i want snow:( im gonna cry if i dont get the slightest little dusting of it soon:(