PDA

View Full Version : I need your suggestions!!

neko1
01-04-2003, 06:58 AM
Well it's time for me to start thinking about wedding stuff again (took a break over the holidays). I need some ideas of where to go for our honeymoon...something tropical (except for hawaii-there's NO way i'm getting on a plane for 10 hours) and in the budget of 4-5 thousand dollars. We've already been to Aruba and would like to go somewhere else...
thanks,
michelle:)

Fuzzy317
01-04-2003, 07:12 AM
What about the Bahamas or a cruise? Cruises now begin at many places up the coast.

sasvermont
01-04-2003, 07:20 AM
I have been to Puerto Rico a few times and it has several resort areas that are nice, nice, nice. The weather is tropical, the air fare reasonable.....I bet you can go online and get info on the different packages.

Happy Honeymoon! :cool:

Barbara
01-04-2003, 07:49 AM
How about the Riviera Maya in Yucatan (Mexico). There are some really beautiful resorts in Playa del Carmen (I like it better than Cancun which very closed). The beach is white coral sand, the sea turquoise as can be.

tatsxxx11
01-04-2003, 08:36 AM
What month is it? My favorite place on earth is Bermuda, but it's not HOT hot like some of the more southerly islands, so anytime between May and Oct. is the best. Always around 80-85 with constant breezes and no humidity! It's comprised of several little parishes, all with a different flavor. The entire island is SO clean, dotted with beautiful pink sand beaches, small, pastel painted cottages, clear, turquoise water and the people are so courteous and helpful. There's lots of history, great restaurants and it's less than 2 hrs. flying time from NY airports. Hamilton is the main port city, lots of British flavor with policemen directing traffic in kilts. It has a gorgeous harbor, (all the cruise boats dock there) great restaurants and shopping, shopping, shopping! The Hamilton Princess Hotel is gorgeous and is right on the harbor! St. George is the historic city and is just beautiful, with winding little lanes, cobblestone streets, etc. And everywhere you go the smell of hibiscus is in the air! There's a magnificient Botanic Garden on the island. And it's such fun riding the little motor bikes around! All traffic gives way to the motoring tourists! We stayed at the Elbow Beach Surf Club, right on the water. (I forget which parish it's in at the moment.) The nice thing about Bermuda is that you can stay in a lavish, luxurious hotel, a smaller hotel right on the beach or in your own little cottage right on the water, with full ammenities. I can't say enough good things about it! What's really nice is that all of the islanders, native and British, are prosperous and take great pride in their island. We never saw one hidden away area of destitution where the locals were struggling, suffering or impoverished. As a honeymooner, you MUST go to Horseshoe Bay! The most gorgeous secluded beach with lots of hidden away little water pools tucked amongst the cliffs with your own private waterfall to splash around in...or whatever!;) VERY romantic!

I went to Puerto Rico on my honeymoon and I loved that too!! San Juan is really hopping if you like nightlife, shows, gambling, etc. Old San Juan is gorgeous with quaint shops, cobblestone streets and lots of "local color." If you go further out on the island it's very peaceful, seculded with great natural beauty, e.g. the "phosphorescent bay" which really does "light up" at night, El Junqe, (sp??) (the tropical rainforest) long, wide empty beaches, and such. We stayed at the Caribe Hilton outside of San Juan which was gorgeous and right on the water.

Uabassoon
01-04-2003, 02:33 PM
What about Trinidad. It's so beautiful the mountains are so green and the beaches are beautiful. Great music and people, I love it there so much. This February I'm going there for the second time.