PDA

View Full Version : Hi, here's my introduction but I need a bit of help

Poodle&Labmix
01-03-2003, 07:33 PM
Hi, I'm new here. This is the biggest animal chat I have ever been to!! I really look forward to talking to you all :)
I would like to introduce myself:
I have been intrested in animals since I was born, exspecially dogs!
I am 20 years old and I have 2 dogs and my own dogclub.
5 year old Minature Poodle and a 6 week old Labrador/Icelandic Sheepdog cross. (I will get my lab cross soon, she is still with her mommy. :))
I founded the dogclub with my sister last year. We have a good website and welcome all dogs (mixed just as well as purebred) My dogclub contains over 35 dogs from and around my town of 5000 people. We go every sunday for a walk together and let the dogs play, it's so much fun! The dogs can run freely in the area that we have. I really enjoy meeting the other people and their dogs and my dog get's alot of exercise.
I also have a Russian Winter White Dwarf hamster, her colour is called Pearl.
There is one thing that I can't figure out here. I would like to include a little picture of my babies below my signature but I don't know how.
It doesn't seem to work to put [img] in front of the pictures address (URL) and [ /img] at the end.
You can see the link to my pic here below in my signature.
If you could help me fix this I would really appreceate it :)

If you would like to see my dogclub's website you can go to http://www.hundaklubbur.tk but the site is not in english but you can have a peek anyway if you like, to see the pics :)

Logan
01-03-2003, 09:16 PM
I'm going to let a more experienced person help you with your signature. As you can see, I don't have a photograph in mine!

But welcome to Pet Talk! And congratulations on your new puppy.

I'm Logan, and have been a member here for a long, long time. I think you will enjoy Pet Talk a lot!! I have two Golden Retrievers, Honey and Lilly, one Yellow Lab, Murphy, two cats, Mimi and Butter, and two Cockatiels, Roger and Milly.

:D

krazyaboutkatz
01-03-2003, 10:25 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Poodle&Labmix. I'm sure you'll love it here. I know how to put pics in your signature. First you need a picture that is linked to a website that allows you to use it on this site. Then once you click on properties and copy the address you need to go back to Pet Talk and click on new thread. Then click on IMG and paste the address in the box and click on ok. Then highlight the whole thing and copy it. Then go to your user cp and click on edit profile and scroll down to your signature area. Then paste the address here. This should work. I hope I explained it so you can understand it. Good luck. :) BTW I have 3 male cats Storm, Pepper, and Sunny. :)

shais_mom
01-03-2003, 10:26 PM
Welcome!! And how awesome that you have a dogclub!! I would love to do that!!
Your dogs from what I see are adorable !!! Love the puppy!!
Where do you have your pictures stored? If you are using www.imagestation.com , what I have to do is after you get the pic you want, you right click on it, where it says view pic, click on that. Then copy the address, and paste it in your signature, with the [img] in front of it and [ / img] behind it. (without the spaces)
If that doesn't work, There are some others here that are more puter literate than I am!!!
But welcome!!

iceyshiver21
01-03-2003, 10:33 PM
If all else fails you can pm Lalania, and ask her to do it for you she did my frist one for me and im forever greatful!!
AND WELCOME TO PETTALK!!

Fuzzy317
01-03-2003, 11:25 PM
I am not sure if that web site allows posting on a bbs. I can see them in a new window, but I could not post them either :confused:

shais_mom
01-03-2003, 11:39 PM
imagestation is where I have my sig pics.
But there are others I think.

Uabassoon
01-04-2003, 03:13 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! I can't wait to see pictures of your dogs. I have two cats, and orange tabby named Corkscrew and a siamese mix named Tibby. I look forward to reading your posts and hearing more about your dogs.

Poodle&Labmix
01-04-2003, 05:58 AM
Hi again
And thanks for this warm welcome :)
Your animals are so beautiful,
I have been trying to add the pic to my signature but nothing seems to work.
The address of the pictue is:

http://kasmir.hugi.is/kasmir/umsjon/synamynd.php3?uname=Rebs&myndnafn=DunIsis.gif

and I have put and [ /img] (without the spaces) but it still doesn't work. I'll try again now...
[img]http://kasmir.hugi.is/kasmir/umsjon/synamynd.php3?uname=Rebs&myndnafn=DunIsis.gif
nope, it doesn't seem to work...:(

krazyaboutkatz wrote:
,,First you need a picture that is linked to a website that allows you to use it on this site.
Then once you click on properties and copy the address you need to go back to Pet Talk and click on new thread.
Then click on IMG and paste the address in the box and click on ok. Then highlight the whole thing and copy it. Then go to your user cp and click on edit profile and scroll down to your signature area. Then paste the address here."

The blue text is what I don't understand. When I click on IMG a window opens that tells me to put [img] and [ /img] , nothing else. There is no OK button to push :confused:

Can anyone try to post my picture for me? I would really appreceate it, just to see if it works. :) Thanks

jenluckenbach
01-04-2003, 06:10 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid45/pa9b17703d322897969122af7c8e334e4/fcd5735b.gif

Here, copy it from here and put it in your signature.

Poodle&Labmix
01-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid45/pa9b17703d322897969122af7c8e334e4/fcd5735b.gif

Here, copy it from here and put it in your signature.
Thank you so much! This worked!! :D
Well finally you can see a bigger picture of my two cuties :D
Thanks again!

tatsxxx11
01-04-2003, 06:47 AM
It was well worth the wait!!:) What precious little ones, you've got there!! Your dog club sounds like such fun! Looking forward to reading more about you and your furkids; and seeing pics! Welcome to Pet Talk!! My name is Sandra. I have 2 dogs, Star, a yellow Lab, Cody, a Husky/Shep, 2 kitties, Mr. B and Oliver and 2 guinea pigs, Squeeker and Moonbeam! You can see their pics below!

Pam
01-04-2003, 07:40 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Poodle & Lab Mix! My name is Pam and I have a standard poodle named Bella who turned 2 years old yesterday and two kitties, Trevor (large orange tabby) and Andy (white kitty). I would love to hear more about both of your dogs, and you will come to know that here at Pet Talk we can never get enough pictures! What are your dogs' names and when do you get to bring your new little pup home?

ChrisH
01-04-2003, 08:10 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! :) My name is Chris and am owned by a Springer Spaniel called Bob and a black cat named Ebby. What sweeties your dogs are!:) I look forward to hearing more about them and seeing lots more pictures! Your dog club sound like real fun and what a good idea!

Poodle&Labmix
01-04-2003, 11:46 AM
Thanx :D
Well, I have a 5 yr. old Minature Poodle named Dúna and my new puppy (Labrador/Icelandic Sheepdog cross) is 6 weeks old, her name is Ísabella Ísis.
"Ís" means Ice in Icelandic and because Ísabella looked so much like a little polarbear (= "Ísbjörn" in Icelandic) I wanted a name for her that starts with "Ís".
Her mom is a black Icelandic Sheepdog (with a little white on her chest and brown eyebrows.
And her dad is a black labrador (possiblie mixed with something because he is smaller than an avrage labrador).
So it was strange that only 2 puppies were black, then 2 brown and 2 WHITE!
Then the white puppies turned yellow aswell so now they are yellow, with a little white. This light colour must come from the puppies grandparents since their parents are both black.
The two yellow puppies (Isabella and her sister) are so much alike but Isabella seems to have a little bit more Labrador blood in her than her sister.
I always reconise her but the people who own the puppie's mother can't, they have to make a test to see who is Isabella.
They put the puppie on the floor and then tell them to come, Isabella always comes but her sister never comes when she is called. :)
Here is a pic of Isabella just a few weeks old (maby 2-3 weeks), Isabella is on the left, just like a little polarbear.:
http://frontpage.simnet.is/hundaklubbur/images/hvolpasafn/tata/IMG_2699.gif
I can tell you about Dúna aswell if you would like to :)

HoRsELUvR
01-04-2003, 03:20 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!Your dogs really do look like polar bears.they're so cute!:)