PDA

View Full Version : Invitation

moosmom
01-03-2003, 02:13 PM
I'd just like to invite anyone in Michigan to come and meet MooShoo at the cat show on January 25 and 26 at the Henry Ford Center for the Performing Arts in Dearborn.

I will be there as well an would love to meet anyone from PetTalk. I hope you can come!!

The hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday. And...I believe there will be many vendors selling their wares both days too. You can buy your kitties a little something :D for not bringing them along.

Hope to see you there.

rosethecopycat
01-03-2003, 02:48 PM
I can't believe it.
I was born and raised in Dearborn, about two miles from the center. But I'm in Orlando now.
I sure would like to meet Moo. I've never got to pet a furless boy. I may have to send a liason to pet him for me.

:(

NoahsMommy
01-03-2003, 02:52 PM
How wonderful!!! I wish you lots of luck and fun at the show...

Can't wait to hear all about it!

What color are your cage curtains?

Barbara
01-03-2003, 03:26 PM
Donna, when you described MooShoo as a hot suede water bottle I was wondering how I could almost feel him. Now I know why. My friend's Persian (a rescued kitty which has not been used to getting brushed) gets shaved in summer -and he feels like that too...
I wish MooShoo a big success at the show.

moosmom
01-03-2003, 03:34 PM
My cage curtains I actually bought the first time I showed him. They're an Egyptian pattern with gold lame' ties. They look so cool with him in the cage. I am so excited about showing him. I think he'll do well because he just LOOOOOOOVES being the center of attention.

RussianBlueKitty03
01-03-2003, 03:39 PM
Hey I wish you good luck at the show!!

AmberLee
01-03-2003, 03:45 PM
Tons of luck! :D :cool: :D :cool: Fingers and paws are crossed here for you both.

Karen
01-03-2003, 03:47 PM
Oh, good luck! I'm nowhere near Michigan, and expected to be pretty much snowed in anyway tomorrow, but I am jealous of anyone who gets to go! Pet Mooshoo for me (you can do that now, just to get him in practice) - and all the other kitties ... and take lots of pictures ...

Uabassoon
01-03-2003, 04:01 PM
Good luck!! I wish I could go, but it's so far away. However I want to see tons of pictures!

Edwina's Secretary
01-03-2003, 04:49 PM
How to get to Detroit???????? Would I be able to cuddle Moo??? (Please??) If he wins maybe he'll move on to the Pet Show at Arlington Raceway in March???

Pet Show (http://www.towershow.com/appspring/appspring_main.htm)

jenluckenbach
01-03-2003, 06:23 PM
good luck Moo.

All Creatures Great And Small
01-03-2003, 07:42 PM
Hey, I used to live a few blocks from Arlington Raceway when I was a kid! I could definitely go to the Pet Show in March - it would be a nice outing to break up the winter blahs. I'll mark it on my calendar!

krazyaboutkatz
01-03-2003, 09:16 PM
Donna, I'm so glad that you decided to enter Moo in another Cat Show. Good luck Moo. :D I also hope to see some pics. :)

01-04-2003, 08:20 AM
Oh no ... I'd love to come , and the swimming over the ocean would be great to get down my weight ... BUT , I won't try , I would probably sink anyway ...:eek: :rolleyes: !!
LOL

Your Moo will be in my mind ! I hope she enjoys it !! Good luck!!

ps. where can we order plain tickets ??,:confused: :rolleyes: ;)

moosmom
01-04-2003, 09:37 AM
How far is Arlington Heights, IL from Michigan?

Sara, you can cuddle Moo all you want ;)

catmandu
01-04-2003, 09:45 AM
:) :cool: All the best MooShoo at the cat show and may your cage be covered in ribbons!My cat Roocca , a flme point Simese used to show but an idiot child let her outbof the cage , and she was too afraid to show again . So please keep your eye n the cage at all times. Again all the BEST!

rosethecopycat
01-04-2003, 01:27 PM
I can still hear the announcements:

'We have a cat on the floor. A cat on the floor.'

Seen it happen may times.

:eek:

rosethecopycat
01-05-2003, 05:26 PM
YEAH! I get to go to the show! :D :D :D

I worked it inot a trip a have to make to Ohio (to do some painting for a relative)

It doesn't cost me any more than I would have paid.

And I get to cuddle MOO! WOO-HOO!:D

And I get to meet an actual Pettalker, Donna!

:cool:

moosmom
01-05-2003, 07:48 PM
Catmandu,

I am ALWAYS by my cat's cage unless I'm walking around and he's usually with me at all times. I'm getting really syked about this show. It's been about a year since I last showed any of my cats. It got very draining and a little expensive because I was showing at least twice a month. When you've got 2 day shows, it takes alot out of me. But I love talking to other cat owners and seeing all the different breeds.

I looked up the "Hawaiian Hairless" mentioned in another thread. Must've been a Sphynx from Hawaii cuz it sure LOOKS like a Sphynx. So I can tell everyone that I have a New England Hairless (hehe :p )

AmberLee
01-06-2003, 01:31 AM
Oh, how exciting! Fingers and paws crossed here for you. Please keep us updated on the show! Can you take pictures for us while you're there, or will you be too busy?

moosmom
01-06-2003, 07:02 AM
Amberlee,

I'll take tons of pictures. There is always down time in between rings so I'll have time. Any requests as far as breeds are concerned??

AmberLee
01-06-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
...Any requests as far as breeds are concerned??

No, I seem to be a push-over for all sorts of cats. ;) :D

I love the overall feel of a cat-show: the electric excitement, the lovely sleek and/or fluffy bodies, the smiles on people's faces...

KAK and I were discussing how lucky we've been. Our experience is how happy and pleasant people are at cat shows, eager to answer questions and sometimes so chatty it's hard to get away from them. :D Granted, sometimes there is a lot of pressure to move the cats from ring to ring sharply, but with one minute exception, people have been VERY pleasant. We've heard tales that some shows can be otherwise, so we are very glad that our experiences have been so positive. (Great, maybe I've just jinxed our luck! ;) :p :rolleyes: :eek: At least I hope not!)