PDA

View Full Version : It's a miracle! Msg/pic

Glacier
01-03-2003, 11:26 AM
The dogs in this pic are Bandit and Muskwa (the red and white). Muskwa is a true alpha male--dogs just accept that he is the boss of them and he rarely has to fight to prove he is the top dog. Generally he is a kind and gentle pack leader. However, he has always hated Bandit. Bandit was raised alone by idiots and doesn't speak "dog" very well. Bandit thinks he should be an alpha dog, but he can't back it up. After some huge vet bills, we decided just to keep the two of them apart at all times. My hubby is injured right now and bored out of his mind at home. So he decided to make them tolerate each other. Three weeks and many bags of treats later, they aren't buddies, but they can be in the same room without bloodshed. There was some minor growling and somebody marked the cd rack, but that's nothing for these two! Bandit had to have his ear stitched back on last year!

This was the scene outside my picture window yesterday. They both decided they wanted in the house and that they could tolerate each other if it meant coming in! I am just so proud of them!!

http://www.seemesmile.com/photos4/2570270a.jpg

I am loving this digital camera!!!:D :D

lbaker
01-03-2003, 12:45 PM
patience and persistance and a hubbie with both too. Excellent results - we can't expect perfection but don't we love it when they try hard:D great picture of two excellent dogs

ChrisH
01-03-2003, 12:51 PM
Wonderful!!:D

Karen
01-03-2003, 02:11 PM
Yay! How wonderful! And that CD rack probably wasn't sure until now which dog it belonged too, anyway! Marvelous what a lot a treats and a lot of patience will do for dogs - now if only that would work with people! :) :)

Sudilar
01-03-2003, 02:29 PM
Congratulations!! What an accomplishment!!!

Killian is like Muskwa, kindly ruler of the house, too. :)

Dixieland Dancer
01-03-2003, 02:42 PM
Glad things are working out better for those two! I think it's a shame when dogs are not socialized better to understand dog rules. :(

I'm enjoying your digital camera too!!! :D :D Keep those pictures coming! ;)

mugsy
01-03-2003, 03:10 PM
What good boys they are...amazing what treats will do isn't it??

TopSpoT
01-03-2003, 03:51 PM
Wow what news!!! I hope they continue to get along.... :) Good luck.

Tina
01-03-2003, 09:38 PM
That is wonderful:)