PDA

View Full Version : Quiet House

Dakota's Mommy
01-03-2003, 11:15 AM
Wow, our house is going to seem so empty and quiet this next weekend. For about the last two weeks none stop, we've had visitors around for the Holidays. The last group left this morning just before I left for work, :( . Granted, it's nice to have a little more space in the house now, but it was also very nice to have people around that we love and haven't been able to see in about 6 months or so.

First, Brian's dad came down for the Christmas holiday. He came in on Christmas Eve and stayed until Saturday, when Brian took him back up to the Airport. All went well and we all had a great Christmas.

Then, Saturday night the van rolled in! My parents, along with two of the four dogs (Dazzi and Snoopy) were there to see us. Brian was still away at the airport but Destiny and Dakota made sure I knew there were strangers around my house with dogs. They went absolutely crazy. We did the initial meeting in the backyard which is fenced in. Dazzi and Destiny got into it once, (both hard headed little brats when they wanna be) but after we broke it up, we didn't have a problem with the two of them again. For some reason, Destiny was afraid of Snoopy when they first got there, but after they really met and played a little, it was like they had been together all of their lives. They were great together. Snoopy was still scared of Dakota, but he started warming up to her a little as the week went on. Poor Dakota got left out of the playing alot because everybody but Destiny weren't really sure how to play with such a big dog. But, Destiny was having fun with her new bud Snoopy. Now Dakota's best friend is back to paying attention to her though, so she should cheer up some soon! Lots of pics were taken and several rolls got developed while my parents were here. I sent loads of pics back to Ohio with my mom to get scanned in so I can add them to my albums and post them on here to share with you all! The week went very well and Mom and Dad left this morning to head for home. Hope they're having a safe trip and I can't wait to share all of those pics with you.

Yeah, we finally got the three spots together for a few days!

Dixieland Dancer
01-03-2003, 02:47 PM
I don't know about you but after all that I think I would welcome a quiet weekend! I was tired out hearing about all the company that was coming and going! I guess I'm just getting older and enjoy my home alone time since it doesn't happen very often! :rolleyes:

Cincy'sMom
01-03-2003, 04:19 PM
Glad you guys had a good visit and that the dogs got along well. things are more quiet here too...Oreo went back to Findlay yesterday. She just wasn't happy here. Taggert onthe other hand, is having a blast!! I'm not sure we are letting him go home!!!

delidog
01-05-2003, 02:43 AM
Yeah!!Dakotahs' Mommy!!!
I was wondering what had happened to you....But I am sure that all that herding kept you busy...

Glad that you had a nice holiday!!!!!
Cannot wait for all those SPOTTY PICS!!!!!!

Time to play Connect The Spots!!!;) :)

shais_mom
01-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Glad you all had a good visit!!!
Welcome the peace and quiet, and I can't wait to see the pics!

Dakota's Mommy
01-06-2003, 04:16 PM
I've got a few pics to add, but only 12 of the stack I sent home to my mom so I'll start adding the links to them now! I've already put all of the ones I've got into my imagestation album too! But I don't know how to put mulitple pics in at once to I'm going to have a bunch of links to pics!

Dakota's Mommy
01-06-2003, 04:17 PM
:)

Dakota's Mommy
01-06-2003, 04:19 PM
:D

Dakota's Mommy
01-06-2003, 04:20 PM
:cool:

Dakota's Mommy
01-06-2003, 04:21 PM
:p

Dakota's Mommy
01-06-2003, 04:21 PM
;)

Dakota's Mommy
01-06-2003, 04:23 PM

Dakota's Mommy
01-06-2003, 04:26 PM
They won't let me link 3 of the pics I've tried because the are too big! But here's the ones I was able to link!

Dakota's Mommy
01-06-2003, 04:28 PM

Cincy'sMom
01-06-2003, 04:50 PM
There's the babies!!! They are so cute together!
You would not believe how hyper Snoopy was yesterday! He and Sadie wearing tearing all over mom and dad's house! Before Texas, he was till afraid of Sadie! Destiny cured him of that!!!

delidog
01-06-2003, 07:47 PM
OH!!!!!DAKOTAHSMOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What GREAT PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres' the SPOTSKUTEERS!!!!!!

They are ALL SOOOOO Precious!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dakotah is almost full grown!!!!!!!!
Destiny and Snoopy look sooooooo HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!
You Must Have Had a Wonderfully SPOTTED Holiday!!!!!

LOVE THE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dakota's Mommy
01-07-2003, 09:05 AM
Amy, maybe you mean that Dakota may have cured Snoopy of that! Destiny just got him to play, but is only a hair or two taller than Snoopy. Dakota however, towers over Snoopy and Snoopy was starting to be okay about that towards the end. So, maybe is was Dakota who cured him, LOL!

Cincy'sMom
01-07-2003, 03:53 PM
I meant that Destiny tuaght him to play, but I guess you are right, Dakota helped with the size thing!

Dakota's Mommy
01-10-2003, 11:22 AM
I didn't want to hide all the pics in one thread so here are a bunch of pics in this post too!

Dakota's Mommy
01-10-2003, 11:23 AM
Dakota trying to keep her rawhide away from Destiny!

Dakota's Mommy
01-10-2003, 11:24 AM
:rolleyes:

Dakota's Mommy
01-10-2003, 11:25 AM
:cool:

Dakota's Mommy
01-10-2003, 11:25 AM
By the time I'm done, you guys are going to be so sick of seeing my doggies! I really hope you're not, just hope that you enjoy them all!

Dakota's Mommy
01-10-2003, 11:26 AM
Here's one of my mom's dog Dazzi!

Dakota's Mommy
01-10-2003, 11:27 AM
Here's the little pup!

Dakota's Mommy
01-10-2003, 11:28 AM
:D

Dakota's Mommy
01-10-2003, 11:28 AM
:p

Dakota's Mommy
01-10-2003, 11:29 AM

Dakota's Mommy
01-10-2003, 11:35 AM
One of my favorites of them together!

Tanya&Fritz
01-10-2003, 12:36 PM
I just LOVE the pictures!

delidog
01-11-2003, 03:15 AM
I for one will NEVER tire of seeing your Precious Pups!!!!!!!!!
They are Beautiful!!!!!!
You are great with the camera,getting them at just the right moment!!!!!
That one of them on the bed is too classic!!!!!!!!

I also love the way their blue eyes are reversed...Destiny on the right..Dakotah on the left.... True Bookends!!!!

I got a digital camera for x-mas....if I ever learn how to use it....I will inundate you with pics of my spots also!!!!!!

We could have a Spot-Off!!!!!!
:) :D
Just kidding!!!!!

Kepp those pics coming!!!!!we always look forward to seeing them!!!!!!

Hugs and Treats for the kiddies!!!!!!

Cataholic
01-11-2003, 04:25 PM
OMG!!! Help me!! I am seeing SPOTS!!!!:D :D :D

Dakota's Mommy
01-14-2003, 01:46 PM
Thanks! We're all very glad people enjoy seeing our babies because just like most people on here, we love talking about them. They are our two kids!