PDA

View Full Version : mouse

i_luv_dogz
01-02-2003, 10:16 PM
I am thinking aboat geting a pet mouse is there some kind i shouldn't get or so thing i should get for them to live on??:confused: :rolleyes:

luckies4me
01-02-2003, 11:03 PM
I'll let Jenluckenbach answer this one......

jenluckenbach
01-03-2003, 06:38 PM
Hi, I have 16 mice so I may be able to answer your questions, but I must admit that I am not exactly sure what you are asking.
Are you asking about the type of mice, the type of bedding , the type of cage to live in or somethijng else?

i_luv_dogz
01-03-2003, 10:29 PM
all those questons

jenluckenbach
01-04-2003, 05:32 AM
OK
First, get females. Mice really need to live in groups and males will fight. Males also smell a lot worse then the females.

Second, Bedding: Do NOT use pine or cedar. Very toxic to small animals and the smallere the animla, the worse. You may use aspen, if you like wood shavings. Or a paper-based product like Care Fresh. I use aspen.

Third, Cages: I use aquariums. When used with a screen lid made to fit, it is very safe and easy to clean. A 10 gallon can usually be purchased very cheaply and would hold 2 to 4 females. You can also choose a small wire cage, just make sure the bars are not further apart than 1/2 inch. Do not use cardboard or wood bixes as a house. They will absorb the urine and will be chewed up by the mice. And make sure that they live on the bedding, not on a wire floor.

Fourth, Toys: Make sure they have a running wheel. They like to keep active. And also some type of wooden toy to chew on. They need to chew. After that, just choose the toys you like best. Someplace to sleep and items to crawl around on. They like cardboard tubes (TP and paper towel rolls).

Boy, I wish you luck and lots of fum. I love my mice!!!!