PDA

View Full Version : Report about Chewy for school please read!

Aspen and Misty
01-02-2003, 09:09 PM
I am writeing a report for school. Its about my struggles with Chewy and explaing what its like living with him and what he is like and what makes him him. Could you please read it and tell me what you think!!?!?!?!!? (this may not be it all)

"My First Dog Chewy" by Ashley ***

His eyes are kind, his heart is good. Ever since the first moments I saw him I knew he was the one. I brought him home, his crazy fur all over, his tongue, his puppy breath and that adorable face. I knew it was love. As he got older he began to get possessive of things, attacking Teddy our Sheltie 5 times before he was 6 months old. Chewy had a problem and we needed to get it fixed. Soon after his problem began he started to growl at people and he even snapped at a friend of mine. One night while I was away shopping with my mother Chewy attacked Teddy so bad my sister began to hit Chewy as hard as she could with her hair brush and screaming his name, but Chewy refused to let go of Teddy’s throat. My 2 brothers and dad, figuring Abbey was being killed she was screaming so loud came running in the room. As soon as the scene became apparent to them they began yelling and stomping. Finally after what seemed like a lifetime Chewy let go of Teddy’s neck. Luckily our big fluffy Teddy had no bite wounds, but was just shook in up. Chewy was immediately yelled at and taken to his crate. When I arrived home I was told what happened and that we could not keep Chewy. The words "We can no longer keep Chewy" would forever change my life.

Arriving home on a Monday after a long day of school all I wanted to do was lie down and take a nice long nap on my bed before I started my homework. I walked to my room to let Chewy out of his crate so he could go to the bathroom. With the words "We can no longer keep Chewy" far in the back of mind I went to my room to change cloths and get ready to take Chewy on our usual after school walk. Ever since my parents separation I had made it a point to take Chewy on an afternoon walk to visit my Older sister Abbey and my younger brother Joshua, who lived at my mothers house. I missed them so much but knew that as long as I had Chewy I had to keep him separated from my mother’s Sheltie Teddy and my sister’s new Pomeranian puppy Honey. Arriving at my mothers house we did the usual. I took Chewy straight to my old room and put him in there, greeted the ever happy Honey and then went to see my precious Teddy Bear. Chewy wasn’t to happy about being locked up again after a whole day of being in his crate. I proceeded into the family room to talk to my sister and brother. After about an hour Chewy began getting restless and was now banging on the door and whining. So me and him headed back my father house. We played for about a half hour in the backyard and then we went inside to lounge on the couch. I looked at Chewy and thought about all we had been through in the past 8 months. Twice I thought I was going to have to put him down, but there always is light. The emotional strain of the past few months were taking its toll and I didn’t know what to do with Chewy sometimes when he growled or Bit. I just thought, maybe someone else can care for him better. Maybe someone else could walk him more then I could, or give him something to do. Or maybe its something I have done wrong.

Chewy is half Australian Shepherd. Aussie’s are a tireless breed and can work for hours without getting tired, that is what makes them such great herding dogs. Unfortunately, we lived In town and had no sheep for Chewy to herd. Desperately trying to find something to fill Chewy’s time with we began roller blading. I had to roller blade with chewy for almost 20 minutes to get him tired enough that he would come home and sleep. We then also had to play in the backyard periodically through out the day to make sure his ever working mind wasn’t bored. I began to spend most of my day trying to make sure Chewy’s time was filled with physical and mental activates to keep him busy. Without things to keep him busy he would become bored and destructive. Hence his name, Chewy.

primabella
01-02-2003, 09:38 PM
well, i'm not amazing with english and stuff but i think your report is pretty good. it really expresses your feelings. maybe you should move that last paragrah describing aussies a bit higher up.
:confused:
anyways, good luck with it :) and with chewy :D

wolf_Q
01-03-2003, 02:40 AM
It sounds great!!! I think (just my opinion!) it would sound better in this order though....the ending seems a bit out of place to me. Also you could describe his looks (or include a pic of him)

"My First Dog Chewy" by Ashley ***

His eyes are kind, his heart is good. Ever since the first moments I saw him I knew he was the one. I brought him home, his crazy fur all over, his tongue, his puppy breath and that adorable face. I knew it was love.

Chewy is half Australian Shepherd. Aussies are a tireless breed and can work for hours without getting tired, that is what makes them such great herding dogs. Unfortunately, we lived in town and had no sheep for Chewy to herd. Desperately trying to find something to fill Chewy’s time with we began roller blading. I had to roller blade with chewy for almost 20 minutes to get him tired enough that he would come home and sleep. We then also had to play in the backyard periodically through out the day to make sure his ever working mind wasn’t bored. I began to spend most of my day trying to make sure Chewy’s time was filled with physical and mental activates to keep him busy. Without things to keep him busy he would become bored and destructive. Hence his name, Chewy.

As he got older he began to get possessive of things, attacking Teddy our Sheltie 5 times before he was 6 months old. Chewy had a problem and we needed to get it fixed. Soon after his problem began he started to growl at people and he even snapped at a friend of mine. One night while I was away shopping with my mother Chewy attacked Teddy so bad my sister began to hit Chewy as hard as she could with her hair brush and screaming his name, but Chewy refused to let go of Teddy’s throat. My 2 brothers and dad, figuring Abbey was being killed she was screaming so loud came running in the room. As soon as the scene became apparent to them they began yelling and stomping. Finally after what seemed like a lifetime Chewy let go of Teddy’s neck. Luckily our big fluffy Teddy had no bite wounds, but was just shook in up. Chewy was immediately yelled at and taken to his crate. When I arrived home I was told what happened and that we could not keep Chewy. The words "We can no longer keep Chewy" would forever change my life.

Arriving home on a Monday after a long day of school all I wanted to do was lie down and take a nice long nap on my bed before I started my homework. I walked to my room to let Chewy out of his crate so he could go to the bathroom. With the words "We can no longer keep Chewy" far in the back of mind I went to my room to change cloths and get ready to take Chewy on our usual after school walk. Ever since my parents separation I had made it a point to take Chewy on an afternoon walk to visit my older sister Abbey and my younger brother Joshua, who lived at my mothers house. I missed them so much but knew that as long as I had Chewy I had to keep him separated from my mother’s Sheltie Teddy and my sister’s new Pomeranian puppy Honey.

Arriving at my mothers house we did the usual. I took Chewy straight to my old room and put him in there, greeted the ever happy Honey and then went to see my precious Teddy Bear. Chewy wasn’t to happy about being locked up again after a whole day of being in his crate. I proceeded into the family room to talk to my sister and brother. After about an hour Chewy began getting restless and was now banging on the door and whining. So me and him headed back my father house.

We played for about a half hour in the backyard and then we went inside to lounge on the couch. I looked at Chewy and thought about all we had been through in the past 8 months. Twice I thought I was going to have to put him down, but there always is light. The emotional strain of the past few months were taking its toll and I didn’t know what to do with Chewy sometimes when he growled or Bit. I just thought, maybe someone else can care for him better. Maybe someone else could walk him more then I could, or give him something to do. Or maybe its something I have done wrong.

(then end with something about how you love him, etc.)

Kfamr
01-03-2003, 07:14 AM
Sounds good, but i agree with Amy

A picture included would be good too, teachers love visuals.

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-03-2003, 08:28 AM
Sounds great, Ashley. Consider Amy's suggestions. They make your ideas flows better.

Aspen and Misty
01-03-2003, 01:18 PM
Thanx! I do like the way Amy posted it better. Hee hee. Thanx for taking the tiem to help me out! I'm gonna be including a posterboard of pictures. I also will have his head harnees to explain what that is. Again thank you all for your help!

Ash