PDA

View Full Version : NYC Boarding Kennels

manda99
01-02-2003, 10:13 AM
Hi everyone! Long time since I've been posting here, just been so busy! Trying to get myself together for the big move to NYC this month (leaving Jan 27... so soon. Eek!).

I am still looking for a place to live and I am getting scared that I won't find one before I move so I am turning to any New Yorkers on here who could possibly help me out.

I have family back there but no one will let me and Smokey stay with them while I look for a place so I think I will need to board Smokey for a few days.
Anyone have any recommendations for a good place in the NYC area? Manhattan or the Bronx would probably be best... but any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance and I hope you all had a happy & healthy holiday season.

xoxo
Amanda & Smokey

iceyshiver21
01-02-2003, 02:28 PM
THREE DOG KNIGHT CONTACT: Adi Molad
51 W. 88th St., New York, NY 10024 PH/FAX: 212-724-1379
E-MAIL: [email protected]
Boarding dogs in a homey environment (my apartment - half a block from Central Park) - NO CAGES! Guaranteed 4 outings a day. Free pick-up and return. $50 a day.

and i think heres another:
DOG & CO. CONTACT: Jane Komarov
New York PH: 212-982-3138
E-MAIL: [email protected] WEB SITE: www.dogandcompany.com

mugsy
01-02-2003, 03:01 PM
Would you like me to contact my uncle who lives in Brooklyn and see if he has room?? If I remember correctly, he rents 1/2 of his house out.

manda99
01-02-2003, 04:39 PM
iceyshiver21 - Thank you!

Mugsy - That would be so awesome, if it's not too much trouble to check.
THANKS!
:)

mugsy
01-03-2003, 03:17 PM
Manda, I called my uncle last night, but he wasn't home and I left a message but I haven't heard from him. My aunt said that the 3 apartments were all filled, but he might know someone who would have a place open for you.

mugsy
01-03-2003, 07:58 PM
Amanda,
I checked with my uncle. He called me back and said he needed to know more info if he were to help you and he seemed willing to do what he could. He wants to know where you're going to be working and such. He also said that the average rent for a one bedroom apartment in Manhattan is $2500 a month. His house is totally rented out to the point that his one bedroom upstairs apartment that rents for $1800 a month had to be done lottery style. Sheesh...I couldn't handle that!! He said also that it will be difficult to find a place that will take dogs. I hate to disappoint you or put a damper on things, but I wanted you to know from a true New Yorker (or at least a transplanted New Yorker who has lived there for over 40 years!! lol) Let me know and I will call him back and see what he can do.

manda99
01-04-2003, 07:49 AM
Mugsy - thanks for talking with him. I actually found out some of my second cousins once removed or something like that are willing to let me and Smokey stay w/ them while I look for a job and a room to rent/roommate. No way could I afford living on my own there! :eek:
I'm also still looking for a place before I get there because these relatives... they are reeeeeally trashy and obnoxious.

but anyway ---

Again, thanks for your help.