PDA

View Full Version : 4 New Editions To The Furkid Family!

RockyRoad
01-01-2003, 11:57 AM
I know I don't like to create threads but I am so excited!!
My dad just told me if I made room in my room, Kelsey would be getting four new neigbors! I know fish aren't that big of a deal to some people, but I am so happy for Kelsey because he will meet new friends! I am aware that Bettas cannot share a tank, but he is going to get me a nice tank with dividers in it so each of them will have their own portion of the tank!! I can't wait! :D
Um I hate to ask another question, but what would make good fish names? I know I am naming one of them Fifa because I used to have a Betta named Fifa(don't know why).

Rottieluver45
01-01-2003, 12:45 PM
YAY!! Kelsey won`t be alone anymore!

Kater
01-01-2003, 01:27 PM
My betta is named Squirt. ;) How about.... Mooka?

RockyRoad
01-01-2003, 01:56 PM
Mooka~~I love it!!;) I'll name one of them Mooka!

Heather Wallace
01-01-2003, 02:07 PM
Bubbles!

RockyRoad
01-01-2003, 02:13 PM
OK here are the names of the editions to my family~
Fifa, Mooka, Bubbles, Popcorn, and of course Kelsey! Thanks so much!:)

Heather Wallace
01-01-2003, 02:18 PM
Congratulations! I am pleased that you are using a name that I chose, it made my day!

jenluckenbach
01-01-2003, 05:14 PM
first a correction: they aren't furkids they are finkids......LOL (just joking with you)

2nd, I have a queston. If you put male bettas next to each other so they can both touch the same divider (assuming the divider is clear), will they still try to fight? Or won't they be able to notice what is living next to them? I know very little about them.

RockyRoad
01-01-2003, 05:20 PM
Lol I forgot it was Finkids!! Well maybe they have little microscopic hairs lol.
I have no idea if that will happen! My dad just registered and as soon as he gets up and varifies his account, he will answer that. He's a fish maniac:p. I am going to get them tomorrow! It sort of reminds me of an apartment building, like the fishies are tenants(sp?) and the divided "rooms" are apartments. And I am the landlord! (But guess what I get for rent:rolleyes: )

Rottieluver45
01-01-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach

2nd, I have a queston. If you put male bettas next to each other so they can both touch the same divider (assuming the divider is clear), will they still try to fight? Or won't they be able to notice what is living next to them? I know very little about them.

They do! We had two bettas Data And Lore (lore died :( )And we put them in a tank like thing, and they we hitting the divider trying to fight.

RockyRoad
01-01-2003, 05:56 PM
Oh wow! What would happen if I put girl, boy, girl, boy, girl? Wait, how can you tell if a fish is a girl or a boy lol? Oh well I guess we will have to find out;) . I can't wait until tomorrow!

Heather Wallace
01-01-2003, 06:12 PM
Yes I always wondered, how can you tell a male fish from a female fish. And how do you breed them?

I used to keep cold water fish when I was 15 ( many moons ago) I never knew which were males and which were females.

RockyRoad
01-01-2003, 06:38 PM
Maybe it is the size of the fins or the color or something. Maybe my dad can answer that!
That reminds me of a time I was at a reptile museum, and the lady asked if we had anymore questions. And so I spoke up, and said "How do snakes reproduce?" and the women goes "well your parents should explain that to you missy" and so then I go "No I mean, where are the ...parts.. and the lady kicked me out:rolleyes: :mad: . Well I read up on it and I found out. It was so embarassing for the lady to kick me out!

Heather Wallace
01-01-2003, 06:54 PM
That reminds me of a story my mum told me. When I was little I was using a neighbours bathroom, I came out holding my nose and said
' pooh, it stinks in there'

Children are very honest aren't they?

RockyRoad
01-01-2003, 07:06 PM
Lol!
I am already planning out the tank! I am going to have different color gravel in each "apartment", and a statue in each as well.
Kater~ My sister's Betta's name is Squirt! She is not attending the "Betta Estates" like the others. When Kelsey moves out, she will occupy his old bowl.